Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 6/20/2015 6:22:38 AM EDT
I bought one last night with a brace installed. Has a milled receiver and seems to be very well built. Side by side to a PAP the fit and finish was better and it just feels more solid. Im going to run a few hundred rounds through it today and see how it acts.

Anybody else running one of these? Not too much buzz on these considering how nice it is.

Thanks
Rich
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 8:03:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Ok....just got back from roughly a 300 round shoot with the new C39. I had 1 FTF while doing double taps at roughly the 100 round mark.....no failures other then that so Im chalking it up to being new and still breaking in. VERY accurate...Shooting 25 meters the gun was pretty much on point...didn't have to do anything. Shooting 124gr Golden Tiger ammo the groups of 5 were roughly within a 1 1/2" circle. The gun felt very solid and recoil was pretty soft considering the 7.62 round.
All in all it was a good day and don't have any complaints about this pistol.

Thanks
Rich
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 8:15:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Look forward to hearing more. Looks like a cool concept, however Century has me a bit gun shy...
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 12:31:30 AM EDT
[#3]
I haven't seen very many complaints about the C39 rifles or pistols. Reviews seem to rate them alongside the Draco's, and they're great for SBR projects.

Let us know how it runs for you, mate. Oh, and when you get a chance, could you check the bore to see if the barrel is chrome lined? They're not advertised as such, but Century might have changed them along with the original C39 rifles.

Link Posted: 6/22/2015 4:36:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I got one as a Christmas present and went the SBR route with it. Very good fit and finish and I think you could use the milled receiver as a hammer, to say its heavy duty is an understatement. I mounted a 7.5" ace side folder using the us machine gun mount (it uses the threaded hole from the rear sling mount so no need for drilling and taping). I also threw a PWS comp on it that killed most of the muzzle flip (to me it feels like a non compensated AR).  

I have about 500 rounds of mixed brown bear and tula through it with no failures (other than a crappy tapco magazine that wont feed soft point brown bear).

It has the "shark fin" front sight that at first I didn't like but it grew on me pretty quick. The polymer quad rail is alright, but I think ill replace it with an aluminum one when us machine gun finally comes out with theirs. The grip is also alright, but IMHO the magpul one fills my hand better.

It's my first AK so I was prepared for softball groups at 100 yards, I've been pleasantly surprised by 1.5" MOA. I'm thinking the short rigid barrel, stiff receiver and tapco trigger really help the gun out.

PSA, a Larue hand stop turned around backwards on the bottom rail makes a great low profile finger hold, when you want to do rapid fire stuff, that doesn't get in the way when you do mag changes.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 7:01:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Ive added a Magpul angled grip and a Bushnell TRS 25. Pistol runs like a type writer still......no failures or hiccups at all. Im about to order a standard AK sling from Blue Force Gear. Ill post some pics soon.

One question....Does anyone know what handgaurds fit these pistols? Will a hand guard made for a standard C39 milled receiver AK rifle work? Id like to put a Midwest Industries handgaurd but not sure which one to order.

Thanks
Rich
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 2:47:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Lets see if this works...

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top