Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 6/9/2015 7:58:24 PM EDT
Hey all, I'm sure this is dumb but  here goes:
bought ak pistol and fired about 300 rounds through it, functioned perfectly.
Took it home cleaned it...that was probably 1 yr ago
took it out of safe today and the cover over spring seems "short"  ie when I cock the charging handle it comes out of place in the front. Did I reassemble wrong? didn't happen before firing, wtf? seems so simple, am I just not lining it up correctly?
Thanks for all input
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 9:23:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Kinda hard to figure out from what you are saying, can you post a couple pics?
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 2:57:55 AM EDT
[#2]
I'll play -- my guess from the rather imprecise description: rear of recoil spring assembly not seated correctly or spring retainer has come off front of it.

- OS
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 8:24:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Sorry guys,  figured out the problem, somewhere along the way the dust cover piece got bent out just enough to where it wouldn't fit into the groove above the barrel/chamber. little squeeze with some channel locks and  it is good as new.
Thanks for the help
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top