Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/18/2015 7:44:37 PM EDT
I'm pretty firmly decided that my next firearm will be an AK pistol and have researched them fairly extensively. Zavasta is generally thought of to have a better fit and finish, where as the Draco gets the chrome lined barrel and more standardized parts. I like fit and finish and the I could take or leave the chrome lined barrel, but I value not being a pain to mod a plus as well. Being a 'true krink' is likewise pretty irrelevant to me, so I'm pretty torn here. I need a tie breaker and I figure it will come down to accuracy.

lolwut?

No, really. I guess I'm looking for assistance from somebody who is doing more with their pistol AK than burning off a few hundred rounds at paper targets and then claiming the weapon is not built for accuracy because they never bothered to try... Which seems to be about 90% of what I've been able to find out on the subject. It's an automatic assumption; that smaller barrel + no stock = poor accuracy. And in other news, rain is wet. How about we treat it like a hunting pistol and actually get some real meterics instead of just assuming, because I'm pretty sure it isn't the barrel length handicapping the cartrige, and the lack of stock isn't a reflection of the mechanical accuracy of the gun.

Sorry, I'm starting to rant.

So overall, all things being equal, which of these guns has the better potential for accuracy? Kind of looking for real experience, not assumptions, because if that was all there was to it I could assume that the fit and finish of the PAP would make it a more accurate gun. But do the facts actually bear that out? Finally, yes, I know there are other guns that one should be using for target shooting and that it is the wrong tool for the job if one wants MOA shooting. Again, just trying to head off inevitable rabbit holes i've seen in other threads along these lines.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 8:05:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'm pretty firmly decided that my next firearm will be an AK pistol and have researched them fairly extensively. Zavasta is generally thought of to have a better fit and finish, where as the Draco gets the chrome lined barrel and more standardized parts. I like fit and finish and the I could take or leave the chrome lined barrel, but I value not being a pain to mod a plus as well. Being a 'true krink' is likewise pretty irrelevant to me, so I'm pretty torn here. I need a tie breaker and I figure it will come down to accuracy.

lolwut?

No, really. I guess I'm looking for assistance from somebody who is doing more with their pistol AK than burning off a few hundred rounds at paper targets and then claiming the weapon is not built for accuracy because they never bothered to try... Which seems to be about 90% of what I've been able to find out on the subject. It's an automatic assumption; that smaller barrel + no stock = poor accuracy. And in other news, rain is wet. How about we treat it like a hunting pistol and actually get some real meterics instead of just assuming, because I'm pretty sure it isn't the barrel length handicapping the cartrige, and the lack of stock isn't a reflection of the mechanical accuracy of the gun.

Sorry, I'm starting to rant.

So overall, all things being equal, which of these guns has the better potential for accuracy? Kind of looking for real experience, not assumptions, because if that was all there was to it I could assume that the fit and finish of the PAP would make it a more accurate gun. But do the facts actually bear that out? Finally, yes, I know there are other guns that one should be using for target shooting and that it is the wrong tool for the job if one wants MOA shooting. Again, just trying to head off inevitable rabbit holes i've seen in other threads along these lines.

Thanks in advance.
View Quote

I have found, shorter barrels are more accurate in the AK's Ive owned, at least in 7.62. That being said I would choose the draco of the 2 mentioned. Add a brace and its a very formidable hunting weapon, to at least 150 yards.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 8:21:37 AM EDT
[#2]
zastava guns are more accurate than their romanian counterparts, while the romanian guns are easier to maintain, is the way I understand it.

choose which is better for you. I am biased toward m92s
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 8:11:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't know about the drakos but I have a m92 with a trijicon RMR green triangle rectical on it and 10" plates are no problem, rested slow fire at 200yds. About 50/50 at 300.  At that distance the irons are better because the triangle covers up too much of the target.  While it's not a "tack driver" it's more than capable if shot correctly.   Like said above, I too believe the shorter barrels are as accurate as some of the longer ones.  Handy little pistols.
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top