BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 8:41:41 PM EDT
[#1]

I thought I read somewhere that a guy with one of these M85s put an adaptor on and then a .30 caliber can.  I realize that it wouldn't be as quiet as a .223 can but am wondering if the extra diameter would make it less likely to have a baffle strike?
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 1:31:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I thought I read somewhere that a guy with one of these M85s put an adaptor on and then a .30 caliber can.  I realize that it wouldn't be as quiet as a .223 can but am wondering if the extra diameter would make it less likely to have a baffle strike?
View Quote

That's an option but I have no plans to own a 30 cal can.

As of now I'm just going to SBR it and not suppress it
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 8:41:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The diameter of baffles on the M4-2000 are .275 and the opening is already .300 wide.

Thats plenty of room to work with, in fact its almost a full 1/16th of an inch.  Lots of folks have had success with the adapter and not had any kind of stikes.

I've yet to see someone post a first hand account of a baffle strike with the US Machine Gun Adapter, so far its all been internet rumor and I-heard-a-guy-who-knew-a-guy-stuff.

Link Posted: 3/23/2015 10:22:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The diameter of baffles on the M4-2000 are .275 and the opening is already .300 wide.

Thats plenty of room to work with, in fact its almost a full 1/16th of an inch.  Lots of folks have had success with the adapter and not had any kind of stikes.

I've yet to see someone post a first hand account of a baffle strike with the US Machine Gun Adapter, so far its all been internet rumor and I-heard-a-guy-who-knew-a-guy-stuff.

http://www.adamkonieska.com/files/Custom-Yugo-M85-SBR-with-Suppressor-by-ak_.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.adamkonieska.com/files/Custom-Yugo-M85-SBR-with-Suppressor-by-ak_.jpg

Noted.

The OD of my can bore is smaller and much tighter than the M4-2000 and I already spoke with the manufacturer about using it on an AK and everything needs to be very tight to be comfortable using it.

I may just not suppress this M85NP, and buy an Arsenal 16" 106 series later on and have it chopped down after a Form 1.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 12:50:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Ah, derp.  I had it in my head that you were using an  M4-2000.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 10:36:54 PM EDT
[#6]

It's not that hard to get that m85 setup for a suppressor, any gun smith that can assemble an ak should be able to handle it.
It will just be spendy as it would mean pulling the barrel.
Basically
Pull the barrel
push off the gas block and mill off the threaded portion
thread the existing barrel, permanently attach a barrel extension like people did with the AMD ak barrels
toss the longer barrel in the lath and smooth out the connection between barrel and extension then thread 1/2x28
re-install gas block and refinish
re-install barrell assembly

At some point I am probably going to get this done on my m92, only I wont need an extension since the barrel sticks out beyond the gas block with plenty of space for nice bore concentric threads.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 11:37:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
http://ak-builder.com/images/detailed/2/AMD65-Barrel-Adapter-v1.jpg
It's not that hard to get that m85 setup for a suppressor, any gun smith that can assemble an ak should be able to handle it.
Basically
Pull the barrel
thread the existing barrel, permanently attach a barrel extension like people did with the AMD ak barrels
toss the longer barrel in the lath and smooth out the connection between barrel and extension then thread 1/2x28

At some point I am probably going to get this done on my m92, only I wont need an extension since the barrel sticks out beyond the gas block with plenty of space for nice bore concentric threads.
View Quote

Yes, this could be done- but at this cost I would rather just have a custom barrel made for the M86 from a 223 AK blank.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 2:52:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
http://ak-builder.com/images/detailed/2/AMD65-Barrel-Adapter-v1.jpg
Basically
Pull the barrel

View Quote

Thats a really clever solution.  

I would imagine that would be cheaper than a 5.56 barrel blank.  Blanks are anywhere from 50$ to 100$ depending on the level of completion, but I haven't checked anywhere else for prices.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 4:06:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
<a href="http://s299.photobucket.com/user/blklizard1/media/IMG_2883_zps3422469c.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm302/blklizard1/IMG_2883_zps3422469c.jpg</a>I got lucky. Using the cnc warrior adapter mine has been good for about 200 rounds, rocksetted the adapter.

http://www.cncwarrior.com/product-p/26712.htm
View Quote

Does anyone know the bore size of this cncwarrior thread adapter linked above? Is it 30 cal or smaller? (m26 to 1/2 28) in other words, can you shoot 7.62x39 out of it?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 1:11:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Does anyone know the bore size of this cncwarrior thread adapter linked above? Is it 30 cal or smaller? (m26 to 1/2 28) in other words, can you shoot 7.62x39 out of it?
View Quote

US Machine Gun makes them.

14x1LH (AK)
1/2x28 (AR15)
5/8x24 (.308)
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 2:34:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Yes, and us machine gun's m26 to 1/2 28 adapter says for 5.56 only, implying to me it is too small a bore for 7.62x39. Which makes me wonder if the cnc warrior one has a 30 cal bore or a 223 bore.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 9:06:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Yes, and us machine gun's m26 to 1/2 28 adapter says for 5.56 only, implying to me it is too small a bore for 7.62x39. Which makes me wonder if the cnc warrior one has a 30 cal bore or a 223 bore.
View Quote

I gave you the link for the .30 cal one from USMG also.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 11:34:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Yes. Thank you. Does the cnc warrior m26 to 1/2 28 adapter have a 30 cal bore?

edit: nevermind, I asked them directly and they said yes, 7.62 works with it just fine.  Thanks.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top