Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2015 1:53:24 AM EDT
A couple of weeks ago, I filed my first "eForm 1" for a SLR104UR.  It was super easy to do and hope to have a stamp in hand by 01 February.  Now I'm ready to file a 2nd Form 1.  This one will be for my own designed AK built by Chris Butler a few years ago.  Here's a little description of the gun:  It utilizes a receiver by Armory USA in Houston, TX (the model  on the receiver reads: "MOD AUSA") and is mated to a 7.62 x39 Bulgarian front end from a SLR 107 which KVAR had offered brand new.  The rifle has an AMD65  look about it since it's set up with a Hungarian side folding stock, Hungarian ventilated lower HG w.  forward-pointing pistol grip and open gas tube.  It looks really cool now but is begging to have the barrel chopped and a Hungarian-style "snake brake" added!  Pics will be posted when the stamp is in hand!

As noted above, the receiver was made by Armory USA in Houston, TX and IIRC they are no longer in business.  Here's the concern:  When I complete Form 1 and fill in section 4a " Name and Location of Manufacturer of Firearm", will "Armory USA" automatically pop up in the window in the same fashion as "Arsenal Co" did with my first Form 1?  If not, will I have to fill in "Armory USA" by typing it in manually?  If it is typed in manually, would it be rejected by the ATF examiner if it's not one of the options given?  Maybe I'm worrying for no reason but it did get me thinking.......What do you think?  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 3:41:01 AM EDT
[#1]
If Armory USA doesn't come up, type it in.

Based on what I have seen in the drop down, every possible variation of a manufacturer's name is already in there.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:21:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the good advice.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 10:04:20 AM EDT
[#3]
The options that the eforms already have for manufacturers are based on stuff people have already inputted.  

If you have to manually type it in, you form will just go into a "being researched" sort of state for a couple of days before it goes pending.  Happened with my 104UR since that was a brand new model.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 12:03:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Maybe I'm not thinking too hard, but if you are form 1'ing an SBR, Isn't the name of your Trust and Your City/State the manufacturer (which you need to have engraved)?  Or are you doing this as an individual?
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 4:47:34 PM EDT
[#5]
The form 1 wants the original manufacturers information, then it is assumed that your name (or trust name) and address are the new manufacture for making it an SBR.

I've done it that way 3 times now and have three approved forms.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 11:54:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the correction.  I was going from distant memory!
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top