Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/17/2015 10:09:47 AM EDT
So do ya'll think the bottom will fall out of the ak/ar pistol market?
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:41:33 AM EDT
[#1]
I wouldn't mind picking up a spare M92
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 5:28:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

This. I need another SBR or 4.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:31:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
So do ya'll think the bottom will fall out of the ak/ar pistol market?
View Quote

Not below $400.  That's about the lowest they've been (I bought my last M92 at $400/shipped with 5 mags), and I highly doubt they'll go much lower than that.  Back in 2010, I believe the Dracos bottomed out at $325 + $50 shipping, which was pretty awesome.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:59:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, I need a sidefolder to go with my underfolder.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:54:31 AM EDT
[#5]
I think AR and AK pistol sales will decline since the arm brace got squashed.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:38:22 AM EDT
[#6]

I saw the prices shoot up, then start falling down.  I think as long as there are no new nut jobs going on shooting sprees, the prices should continue to fall and flatten out between elections.  Ammo seems to be following the same trend.

$400 for a PAP M92 is when I know it is back to the bottom again.  They sold cheaper, but with inflation and the cost of everything rising, we should be okay by the end of this year even if it isn't exactly pre-08' pricing.  Just my .02 cents.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 1:36:23 PM EDT
[#7]
one a these day, about 6-10 years from now, with all the world events and politics here in the usa, the russians, the terrorists, etc....we will revisit this thread again and will remember the old days since $950 for a second-hand ak pistol will be an outstanding price.  my prediction.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:27:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
one a these day, about 6-10 years from now, with all the world events and politics here in the usa, the russians, the terrorists, etc....we will revisit this thread again and will remember the old days since $950 for a second-hand ak pistol will be an outstanding price.  my prediction.
View Quote

That may be normal inflation price even without any of the world events you mention. Or more. The USD is a bubble, every day more so.

- OS
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:50:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

^^^ Without a doubt.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 5:30:17 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote

^---Agreed!

Hell, I saw M92's used going for $900 during the scare!

I see firearms as investments.  Hell, I look at the price of ammo and see an investment, too.  To all of you young people out there.  Stack it deep now.  I look back at what I paid for ammo 10-20 years ago and it is sickening.  I wish I bought cases upon cases of it back then. What I paid for 7.62 is what .22LR goes for now!

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 11:04:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think you're correct. These are the "Good Old Days".
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 6:01:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 2:19:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

+1
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

I think the brace situation will put pressure on the SB-47.  AK Pistols were strong sellers before the braces gained popularity, and I doubt they'll drop significantly as a result.  That being said, I hope I'm wrong!
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:17:53 PM EDT
[#14]
AK pistols have been in demand since they started making them . I don't see the brace reducing demand much . I don't see nearly as many AK braces as you do AR braces either
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:15:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Dracos appear to be back... 499 at Atlantic.  Low as I've seen in a while.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 8:16:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 11:33:51 AM EDT
[#17]
That photo gives me a woody.  GARY
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 8:31:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Warning, not again.

haLfLiFe
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 8:52:23 PM EDT
[#19]
I ordered a Draco from Atlantic last night.  I thought $499 is a fair price considering these have been selling used for MUCH more.

Plenty of people will wait until they are down to $450 or less.  I will be shooting an SBR'd Draco while they wait.

I was particularly happy with how fast they got it out the door.  With free shipping I usually expect it will sit for a few days.  I received the shipping notification this afternoon and it is due to arrive at my FFL tomorrow.

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top