Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/10/2015 4:19:33 PM EDT
I posted this in GD thinking it would be more traffic but didn't really get too much info so I thought I would try here.  I have a early PAP M92 that I got back before the great Sandy Hook panic that I would like to submit a form one for. Being an early model it has the serial # on the back end of the receiver. Can I still SBR this and install a folding stock without destroying or covering up the serial #? Or is my only real option to sell this one and get one of the later production versions that have the serial # forward on the receiver? I would rather just SBR this one than go thru the hassle of selling my M92 and replacing it with another but if that is the only way to do it right.......

Also on a similar note who do you guys recommend for the conversion and re-finish work once I get the stamp back?

Are the folding Yugo stocks no longer available?  I feel like last time I looked (admittedly a couple of years ago at least)  they were fairly easy to find, now a search doesn't turn up much.  Maybe I should just do a side folder?
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 3:11:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Polish under folder stocks cheap...
here
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 2:49:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Polish under folder stocks cheap...
here
View Quote

Thank you!  I grabbed one of those.  I looked around a bit and it looks like it should work fine but it might need to be mounted slightly differently (different angle) than normal?  I guess I need to start talking to builders about getting it installed an if it will clear the serial # of my existing pistol or if I need to get a different one.  Any builders you guys would recommend I contact?

Link Posted: 1/11/2015 3:08:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Glad to help in a small way. I know its not Yugo but can't see not being able to make it work.

No idea on a builder to recommend, I'm in east TX , message me if you want my local gunsmith/machine shop  can do anything but are a small operation.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 9:51:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I just talk to the guy at Parham custom guns in San Marcos about installing my yugo underforlder on a m92, he said it would be no problem
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 11:42:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I just talk to the guy at Parham custom guns in San Marcos about installing my yugo underforlder on a m92, he said it would be no problem
View Quote

Interesting, I am in SA as well, I would love to know how his work is.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 1:30:45 AM EDT
[#6]
He has a website if you google parham custom guns, the site is kind of shitty and outdated but he is supposed to do good work. I'll post pics when it's done
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 10:43:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
He has a website if you google parham custom guns, the site is kind of shitty and outdated but he is supposed to do good work. I'll post pics when it's done
View Quote

Excellent, I would love to know how is work is, price, turn around etc.  i have been talking to JBI Armory about the work on mine but don't know anything about them.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 7:43:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Excellent, I would love to know how is work is, price, turn around etc.  i have been talking to JBI Armory about the work on mine but don't know anything about them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Parham does good work. good to go.
His other job, I will not mention, is his primary job and he is a smith on the side. I would use him again. PM if you have questions.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 7:46:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

His other job, I will not mention, is his primary job and he is a smith on the side. I would use him again. PM if you have questions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Brian,  Thank you very much, I appreciate it.  I will be out of town for a couple of days but will shoot you a PM when I get back.

Link Posted: 1/14/2015 1:09:23 AM EDT
[#10]
no prob at all.
Quoted:

Brian,  Thank you very much, I appreciate it.  I will be out of town for a couple of days but will shoot you a PM when I get back.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 12:31:19 AM EDT
[#11]
JBI did my M92 under folder conversion using the stock from SG. He did a good job, which explains his big backlog of work. PM me if u want photos.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 6:52:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
JBI did my M92 under folder conversion using the stock from SG. He did a good job, which explains his big backlog of work. PM me if u want photos.
View Quote

How did the angle of the polish stock turn out on the m92?  I assume yiurs is a later one with the serial# on the front of the reciever.

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top