Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/7/2014 12:32:21 PM EDT
Earlier this year, I picked up a M92 PAP from J&G Sales.  I never considered the option of making it a SBR, until I started reading this sub forum and seeing the benefits from having a stock on my little flamethrower (all of my previous interest has been in precision rifles) .  Thanks to all of you who posted tips on Trusts and e-submitting the Form 1 to the ATF.  My Trust is done and I e-submitted the Form 1 on Friday.  Great resources and time saving tips on here.
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 2:57:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Good luck! If I knew they were this easy, I would have started years ago. I guess later is better than never. They are addictive. My last one came back in 42 days. I am guessing the Thanksgiving holiday delayed it. I e-filed another one on Thursday. I'm not expecting it before the 40 day mark.

Link Posted: 1/12/2015 11:59:20 AM EDT
[#2]
FYI - I received the approval email from ATF this morning.  Initially submitted on 12/05/14 and Approved on 01/12/15.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 12:34:31 AM EDT
[#3]
I've been reading they hired several more examiners which probably explains the quicker turnaround time.  I just submitted one on 02 Jan 2015 for my SLR104UR.  If the last poster's time frame for an approval is the new norm, it shouldn't be too much longer, but man, it's gonna be a long wait!
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 1:33:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a Stormwerkz hinge ordered and wanted to get the drill and tap setup in hand (to practice on some scrap).  Can someone advise what drill bit size and thread pitch tap I'll need?
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 2:00:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a Stormwerkz hinge ordered and wanted to get the drill and tap setup in hand (to practice on some scrap).  Can someone advise what drill bit size and thread pitch tap I'll need?
View Quote

this is what i have in my notes:

drill/tap
drill bit:  no. 21
10/32 tap

i'm going to try to use this but not sure if it is good enough:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FCGRXM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 2:29:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Thank you.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:10:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

drill/tap
10/32 tap
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

drill/tap
10/32 tap

RECOMMENDED:  Greenlee Combo drill and tap bit

I used it today at my friend's home with his vice and heavy duty drill. If you start out with a dimple using a punch and then drilling a small diameter hole, you can use the Greenlee to drill the correct size hole and tap it "at the same time" in under 60 seconds using no cutting oil.  I went to the hardware store to pickup longer mounting screws but it was easy and I am officially recommending this for the novice (me) if you have any doubts about your mechanical skills but still want to do it yourself.

When straight to the shooting range and quickly realised I now have a new firearm (full size Draco SBR, stormwerkz hinge, manticore folding stock, the usual).  
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top