Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2014 1:22:29 AM EDT
SLR-104-53 to Krink SBR
Is the correct Krink barrel length cut off flush to the FSB/Gas Block?
I have seen a couple that were cut 1/4" or so past.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 6:40:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Really...., no one??

I figured someone would have some input on this in the AK Pistols/SBR forum.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 6:00:32 PM EDT
[#2]
8.3".  Should be flush with the front of front sight base around it.  I also have a 104-53.  I'm waiting on an E-Form 1 and am not so particular.  I'll take it as short as my smith can go without having to remove the barrel or fsb, but if it protrudes 1/4" I really don't care.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:43:28 AM EDT
[#3]
I cut mine a few months ago.  Here is the thread I did about it... https://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=4&f=64&t=156136

For the final cut, I cut it as close to the FSB as I could without accidentally chewing up the FSB.  It is maybe 1/16inch past the FSB.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 5:02:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Awesome guys..., thanks for the replies!

dskeet..., can I safely assume that you don't have any of the dreaded "Key-Holing" issues some people were anticipating with a cut down 1:787" twist barrel?

I think that the "Key-Hole Theroy" has aready been de-bunked in that regard...., but it never hurts to ask for the sake of additional confirmation!

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 5:34:22 AM EDT
[#5]
By the way..., I just picked up my SLR104-53 today & was actually fairly suprised just how well it is put together in comparison to my Bulgy AKS-74 built years ago on a ITM receiver which I thought was built pretty well...., but now I see kinda' pales in comparision.

I guess those Bulgarians know how to build'em!

I feel like I just got a real "Brand spankin' new Bulgarian Krinkov, from Bulgaria, built  by actual Bulgarians!!"     Wait a minute..., I think I just did!

Even though the final "Krink-a-fication" will actually be done in the USA by a chubby little white guy in his garage.    Come ooooon Stamp!!!!

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 4:19:11 PM EDT
[#6]
My 104 shoots fine with every type of ammo I've tested.  No keyholing, no screwy accuracy.. it just shoots like any other AK I've had.  There is more info in the link I posted about the project.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 10:12:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Awesome..., thanks!!  
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top