Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/25/2014 3:14:07 PM EDT
My Form1 tax stamp came back the other day to SBR my Mini Draco.  Already had a TWS railed top cover which I used to install an Aimpoint ML3.  Swapped the barrel nut for a BattleComp muzzle brake.  Swapped out the grip for a Magpul.  Installed a Midwest Industries free float handguard. I milled the front of a Magpul Vert Grip so it would seamlessly mate up with a Gear Sector Hand Stop and then sized a Magpul rail cover to fit behind the Vert Grip.

Still undecided on the stock but I am pretty sure I am going to go with a Manticore Triangular Stock with a Stormworkz hinge.  Once I drill, tap, & mount a stock (whichever I go with) I will post new pictures.

MadDog

Link Posted: 9/25/2014 8:40:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Fantastic, I will get started on mine soon.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 8:45:51 AM EDT
[#2]
You guys and your mini Draco SBRs are really pushing me to do something I wasn't planning on.

Bad influences.  All of you!
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 9:54:28 AM EDT
[#3]
I saw a nice pistol caliber sbr the other day on here and this Draco isn't helping....Because now I want one of them too.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 3:39:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 8:18:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If I said we might have a handguard solution for the Mini Draco, would I have your interest piqued?  

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote

Get me a snazzy looking one that cowitnesses (without me needing to chop up a separate top to fit) and I'll throw money.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 8:35:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If I said we might have a handguard solution for the Mini Draco, would I have your interest piqued?  

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote

You are going to cost me money!!

Please proceed.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 12:30:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 7:42:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote

I would be up for one even though I already have this MI on mine right now.  I like to have multiple handguard options for most of my PDW's.

MadDog
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:50:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Please proceed.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sven
Manticore Arms

Please proceed.

Include me, please.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 1:56:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Looks great, love the top cover and love the cut down front sight.  I did that to my full sized SBR Draco but left the mini alone. Id be interested in other rail options too.

Here's mine, mostly the way it came to me on a F3.  I added the Hogue grip, MI rail and tromix charging handle:

then later changed it to this:  stock and grip change, added the optics and AFG.  I go back and forth between a slant brake and the AK/A2:

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:53:24 PM EDT
[#11]
That is amazing! Good job my friend.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 4:44:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Looks nice, but I'm in for any Manticore solution.
I'm not a fan of all the rails on the MI handguard--maybe a Magpul slot version or keymod.
Top has to be able to mount a mini-rds or micro/clone.

Ordering my mini Draco tomorrow.
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top