Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/24/2014 9:56:18 AM EDT
I just got my M92 PAP on Monday. Today I noticed the rear "L" sight's 400m backside is marked "5.56."

Anyone else have the same or did I get a pistol with the wrong rear sight?

Link Posted: 9/24/2014 2:58:10 PM EDT
[#1]
You got the wrong sight.

Mine is marked "7.62".
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 4:35:21 PM EDT
[#2]
any markings on the front sight to check for also? the right side of my sight (windage adjustment part) has stamped the number 2 on it.

PS. I bought the pistol from JG sales and I just got off the phone with a CS representative. He went and looked at the M85 and M92 on their shelf. He said both pistols had rear sights installed marked "5.56" like mine. He also said they looked identical...
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 5:29:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Just got mine in from JG Sales today. Forgive the blurry pic, my i4 wouldn't focus any better but you should be able to make out the numbers sort of.  I wouldn't have thought to check this.  My guess is they are the same piece in specs but the 556 marked ones are probably used on the M85 and one happened to be used on yours by mistake or when the 762 marked ran out during a run.  Just my guess.

Link Posted: 9/24/2014 5:48:30 PM EDT
[#4]
probably increases the value of the gun, a rare mistake on such a luxury piece of machinery, definitely makes it worth more, like $500 more than what you bought it for when you sell it 7 years from now
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 6:23:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Akira- thanks for the picture. I wonder if the notch depth are the same on the two sights. Can you try and get better pictures of your sights? Both 400 and 200?

Mak- haha I'll be sure to sell it to you first :)
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 7:34:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Got mine last week and based on your posts, I had to go look. The 400 leaf is marked 7.62 though the important question is how well it shoots the 200 and where it hits. the near distance is vastly more significant with these. I am going to have to put a red dot on mine to shoot it well at all with the creeping old eyes syndrome.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 7:47:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Got mine last week and based on your posts, I had to go look. The 400 leaf is marked 7.62 though the important question is how well it shoots the 200 and where it hits. the near distance is vastly more significant with these. I am going to have to put a red dot on mine to shoot it well at all with the creeping old eyes syndrome.
View Quote

I haven't shot it yet, but I will this weekend. I'll do a 25 yard zero and report back. I know this isn't a target rifle by any means. However I wanted to know if any one else noticed this discrepancy on theirs. I will probably only shoot this thing at 25 yds to 100 yds.

I really want to see the difference between the two.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 12:40:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Akira- thanks for the picture. I wonder if the notch depth are the same on the two sights. Can you try and get better pictures of your sights? Both 400 and 200?

Mak- haha I'll be sure to sell it to you first :)
View Quote

I'll see if I can use a buddies i5 this weekend, (it should have a better camera on it) and will post as soon as I can.  My phone just wont get any crisper no matter how I try and get on that sight.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 4:53:34 PM EDT
[#9]
I dont have a precision ruler... so here are pics for comparison.

The top of the 400 setting is flush with the top of the rear sight ears. The top of the 200 setting is a tad shorter than the top of the rear sight ears.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 5:03:12 PM EDT
[#10]

Bout as good as I can get these.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 5:16:49 PM EDT
[#11]
they do look identical........
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top