Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/22/2014 8:55:42 PM EDT
Got a 'wildbill' angle plate..

and this to start PAP M92PV pistol with a G2 double hook, retainer plate installed, Manticore Brake & PA MD06 red dot.. over 400 rounds with no issues..  

Stay tuned for more things coming..
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 2:13:45 PM EDT
[#1]
That WildBill plate is expensive.  I went with the Stormwerkz one and happy I did since it has a sling loop on the plate as well.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 3:52:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That WildBill plate is expensive.  I went with the Stormwerkz one and happy I did since it has a sling loop on the plate as well.
View Quote

True.. but didn't find the SW one till after I bought this one..  
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 6:11:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I saw a bunch of guys over on AKfiles using the Wild Bill plate and it looks nice, but I couldn't justify the price of it...consider the SW one has a sling attachment loop, which really helps.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 11:54:18 AM EDT
[#4]
I went this route.. haven't seen ANY just like this..

PAP M92PV (with new stamp)
Manticore Brake
Manticore Renegade (with Burris FF top plate installed)
MagPul CTR
Tapco G2 Double Hook FCG
MagPul AK Grip
ACE PigNose (which is 3/4" for those that have been wondering).. temporary sling point..
'Wildbill' wedge kit / plate which includes a nice inside SS threaded piece to hook the 10-32 (included) screws to..  
I installed the Stormwerkx top rail and PA MD 06 prior when it was a 'pistol'.. have the RD sold.. will be getting FF III shortly..

Overall length collapsed with brake installed is 28 3/8".. extended CTR is 31 1/2"..

Weight is 7 lbs 12oz with empty mag installed.. balances well IMO..
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 7:36:01 AM EDT
[#5]
That looks great. I have a stamp and Manticore folder/stock but haven't installed them yet. Now I'm reconsidering and going your route.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 10:58:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I saw a bunch of guys over on AKfiles using the Wild Bill plate and it looks nice, but I couldn't justify the price of it...consider the SW one has a sling attachment loop, which really helps.
View Quote

The wild bill plate doesn't add length like the stormwerkz.
It's about 1/4th thickness of a stormwerkz
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 8:17:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
That looks great. I have a stamp and Manticore folder/stock but haven't installed them yet. Now I'm reconsidering and going your route.
View Quote

Thanks.. yes its pretty dang short.. didn't see point of the folder.. that adds BULK when folded IMO..

The adjustable factory is a WIN in my book..

Correct the WB plate is like 1/8" at the thick part.. Also the common ACE pignose has the raised notch and any help in locking the TUBE straight and keeping it there is a good thing IMO..

The stormwerkz also was out of stock at the time I ordered the WB part.. any since I gave it further thought I like the WB plate and the SS part that goes inside to help keep the screws SECURE more ta' boot.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 1:41:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Looks great.  I am going to be going with open sights so I think the drop will be just about perfect without the plate.  If it is close I'll do a paracord wrap.  I'd probably want an angle plate if I were going with a red dot unless there was one low enough for co-witness.

I got some nice wood on mine and the first coat of linseed oil is drying right now.  I'll probably do 4.  I have my Magpul pistol grip and a retaining clip to replace the shepherd's hook on order from Midway and Tapco G2 2-hook on order (from Walmart of all places--everyone else was out of stock last night).

I just fit my Bulgarian 4-piece last night.  Had to file the retaining pin a bit so as not to bind on the drift pin.  I could have cleaned out the hole but would have had to search for the right bit.

Mike
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 4:32:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Anyone have a link to the Wild Bill plate?  My google fu is weak today.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 6:14:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Anyone have a link to the Wild Bill plate?  My google fu is weak today.  Thanks.
View Quote

PM inbound to you.  
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 6:24:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Can you just post the link for reference?

Mike
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 6:29:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

PM inbound to you.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

PM inbound to you.  

Could I get one as well? I have the Stormwerkz plate right now, and am still waiting on my stamp, but the thickness will bug me when I can mount a stock.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 6:40:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Can you just post the link for reference?

Mike
View Quote

Its his email address.. he is on the AKfiles.. and AKForums..

Crossing to other forums is not allowed.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 6:43:38 PM EDT
[#14]
I PM'd both of you with his email address. I don't want to break any rules.

ggle.. wildbill M92 wedge kits.. a AKfiles WTS page should be 1st on the list.. (he is not on M4 carbine as much.. I reached him thru the AKfiles the same day I PM'd him there..)
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:16:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Stormwerkz has one now that is a thin 6 degree shim & a bit more reasonably priced.
http://stormwerkz.com/accessories/yugo-m92m85-6-degree-shim/
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 7:46:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Stormwerkz has one now that is a thin 6 degree shim & a bit more reasonably priced.
http://stormwerkz.com/accessories/yugo-m92m85-6-degree-shim/
View Quote

Nice @ $22

For me its too late.. that wasn't up and available about 3 weeks back when I went with wildbills..

I am guessing StormWerkz saw wildbills thin and simple design and decided to do there own in volume and cheaper..

Also the ACE pignose I am using has the raised 'hump' in the middle.. while I could grind that flat off for the above one..

ACE does make a pignose without the raised area.. you just have to specify when you order directly from ACE..

StormWerkz items that would use this new shim do NOT have the raised 'hump'.. that would explain why they don't have the center milled out.

Currently SW has neither the standard or AR hinge in stock..  
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 10:34:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Minor changes.. got in the 'top plate' and the Burris FF III.. this thing is sweet with the FF III..

I gave my friend the PA MD06 for his B-day for his Ultimak to have something on it..  

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top