Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/22/2014 2:34:30 PM EDT
Can anyone here tell me if this Draco (http://www.jgsales.com/romanian-ak-mini-draco-pistol,-7.62x39,-wood-stock-handgun.-with-free-drum-p-70142.html) has an underfolder trunion already installed? I contacted JG and they don't know, and I'm still waiting to hear back from CAI. I'm just hoping maybe somebody here would have an idea. Thanks!

EDIT: Or, alternatively, their M92 PAP? Do these have trunions installed from the factory? And which would be a better firearm, the Draco or the M92?
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 3:02:37 PM EDT
[#1]
They are un-cut.  At least mine was.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 3:02:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I cannot speak for the romanian, but the yugo has a trunion that was not milled out for the underfolder stock found on the real m92 rifle. You will need to mill it yourself or find one already milled out. My advice would be to get the yugo m92 pap. Are you doing an sbr project?
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 4:54:54 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I cannot speak for the romanian, but the yugo has a trunion that was not milled out for the underfolder stock found on the real m92 rifle. You will need to mill it yourself or find one already milled out. My advice would be to get the yugo m92 pap. Are you doing an sbr project?
View Quote

An SBR is the plan, yes. I know virtually nothing about AK's besides the fact that I want an underfolder SBR. I honestly have no idea what I'm doing.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 8:55:26 AM EDT
[#4]
You will need to find a underfolding stock and trunion that works with either the romanian or yugo. Not all ak parts are the same. Its  a lot of work drilling and riveting it all together. Make sure its a project you can commit some time and money too. You will however learn some interesting things about the ak system and all its variants.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 2:56:27 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You will need to find a underfolding stock and trunion that works with either the romanian or yugo. Not all ak parts are the same. Its  a lot of work drilling and riveting it all together. Make sure its a project you can commit some time and money too. You will however learn some interesting things about the ak system and all its variants.
View Quote

Thank you for the info, that is quite helpful. Would you recommend the M92 or the Mini Draco for the SBR? My ultimate goal is a beater gun that's going to outlive me and will go bang every time I pull the trigger. I'm having a hard time finding the differences between the two besides barrel length and sights.
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top