Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/20/2014 11:30:59 PM EDT
I have been looking around and haven't been able to find a definite answer. What is required to add a fixed wood stock to the new model m92. Aside from the NFA side as I know all about that I just haven't SBRd a AK. I have seen a couple with fixed wood stocks but not many and would like to be different than the usual side or underfolder.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 12:01:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Fixed stocks are usually mounted via a rear trunion that has provisions for two vertical wood screws which secure the stock. Your basic M92 PAP comes with an unfinished underfolder trunion. If you insist on a *fixed* wood stock, then you can count on popping out the rivets and removing the rear trunion and replacing it with a standard AKM trunion. Considering that you weren't aware of this, I'd assume you to find this to be too much work. I most certainly do!

Manticore Arms has an offering that allows you to mount a modified standard stock onto a folding mechanism that is mounted into the existing trunion with drilled and tapped holes. You will need to cut the front mounting block off the stock, but if you can operate a saw you will find it easy enough to accomplish. Drilling and tapping the rear trunion can be intimidating, but it really isn't that difficult.

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 9:33:55 AM EDT
[#2]
The other option get a M72 trunnion, shim it and replace the factory M92 pistol trunnion with that.. then buy a nice used M70/72 stock.

ACE makes a special YUGO trunnion adapter that will plug into that and then you can add a folder and remove pretty quick and go back to wood..

My M92 PAP pistol has a solid trunnion, not an under folder style in it.. some do and some don't so YMMV..

As far as the MA adapter as mentioned above.. its no longer on there site AT ALL..
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top