Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/20/2014 2:33:05 PM EDT
Not looking to put a brace on it at this time , I like shooting it with single point sling , accurate to 100 with red dot. Anyway OAL with cone booster is 21&1/2 inches. Looking for a discrete case to carry it in. Would be great if there was a pouch to carry a spare 20 rd mag or two
Any ideas ? Tennis bag is too big and my old laptop case is too small. Interested to see what others are using. TIA
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 2:50:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Almost forgot, the pic...

u
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 9:42:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Just a note, any case would be "discrete", you're looking for a "discreet" one.

That said, I've been real happy with this one for my M92 pistol. The mag pouches will hold 30 round AK mags and the outer compartment still zip okay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/25-Tactical-Shotgun-Pistol-Rifle-Gun-Sniper-Cell-Foam-Storage-Soft-Range-Case-/390681491689?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5af66e78e9

- OS
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 7:50:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies,i,I'll check those out.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:38:50 AM EDT
[#5]
I'd go with the messenger bag or something similar.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 3:13:13 PM EDT
[#6]
One of mine...

20 bucks at the music store
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 4:31:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Is that a guitar case or a violin case?
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 6:11:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Violince!  I love it.

I have the Blackhawk Racquet case and it fits quite a bit, much more than a PAP.  Wide strap and I have not yet torn the attachment points even with an SMG and 6-7 72rd 9mm drums loaded!  It has a divider in the middle for storage on both sides.  You can fit a broken down AR in there.  Hide in plain sight.

They have several other items in the Diversion Line: http://www.blackhawk.com/Catalog/ProductSearch.aspx?filter=&search=diversion&type=Q

The skateboard pack would work for someone younger and more hip than I.  The sling back might work if I shaved, wore nicer shoes and pastel shirts.

Mike
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 1:47:31 PM EDT
[#9]
I think its a youth guitar or ukuele case.  Very deep, not a violin case.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 6:13:20 PM EDT
[#10]
You would need to find an XL messenger bag as I have yet to find one capable of holding my M85NP.  Granted, I have a folding mechanism and brace on mine, but it's not much longer than the standard M85.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'd go with the messenger bag or something similar.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 9:01:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Have mine in a folding chair bag. You might want to throw a 4 inch plastic plumbing end cap in the end to keep the muzzle from "printing" I did not because with the brace and the Bulgarian 4 piece flash suppressor  it only just is long enough. For all anyone knows I am walking around with a quad chair over my shoulder. Too small to leave a 30 round mag in place, but Tapco makes a 10 that would work, I think - been meaning to order one to try it out.

Keep in mind that with my GWL I can conceal carry or open carry so for me discrete just means keeping clueless hysterical folks like Moms Demand Arms or what ever they call themselves from wetting themselves.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 7:47:50 PM EDT
[#12]
I picked up one like this from the Goodwill for $15. Mine had 3 compartments and a smaller zipper compartment on the side which is perfect for my 2 SBRs and my trust documents go in the zipper compartment.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WILSON-RACKET-EQUIPMENT-BAG-racquet-sports-Tennis-Badminton-Squash-/380464509393?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item589573b1d1
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 7:48:20 PM EDT
[#13]
I have this Colt brand bag and my M92 fits great!

http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=1605068&categoryId=0&parentCategoryId=0&subCategoryId=0&indexId=0&itemGUID=460468d6195e7846b1d62f99bb1d92f4&destination=/checkout/basket.jsp

Its has been sold out at Cabelas where it was $30 but 5.11 tactical makes a version too for a little more money

http://www.511tactical.com/select-carry-sling-pack.html
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 12:59:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Because nobody is ever going to believe I play either sports or a musical instrument, I spent considerable time searching for a briefcase / messenger bag specifically to carry my PAP. This is the best I've come up with:

Briefcase

With the cone booster, the PAP will fit diagonally, but it's pretty tight. With the Manticore brake and a 20-rounder, it fits nicely horizontally. With the factory ring on the muzzle, it's an easy fit with plenty of room.

Link Posted: 9/26/2014 5:42:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Because nobody is ever going to believe I play either sports or a musical instrument, I spent considerable time searching for a briefcase / messenger bag specifically to carry my PAP. This is the best I've come up with:

Briefcase

With the cone booster, the PAP will fit diagonally, but it's pretty tight. With the Manticore brake and a 20-rounder, it fits nicely horizontally. With the factory ring on the muzzle, it's an easy fit with plenty of room.

View Quote

But a guitar case is awesome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPKmkv4K8mU
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 5:55:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Tennis racket case with stiffening foam.

Link Posted: 9/26/2014 10:07:01 PM EDT
[#17]
I have a 30" UTG Alpha Battle Carrier. It looks like a sports case, has a shoulder strap, external pockets for extra stuff and comes with a pistol holster that fits in one of the external pockets. It is ambidextrous. I'm real satisfied with it. 30" is long enough for my rifles with folding stocks and my M85 with the arm brace fits in it, too.

http://www.amazon.com/UTG-Carrier-30-Inch-Multi-Firearm-Electric/dp/B009WO46X2/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_t

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 3:10:07 AM EDT
[#18]

This works great, however...if you're a fatass like me, no one will believe that you play tennis
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 3:17:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

This works great, however...if you're a fatass like me, no one will believe that you play tennis
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Well, I'm not a fatass like you, nor do I play tennis... So it evens out for me.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 7:46:53 AM EDT
[#20]

I use the 5.11 Select Carry sling bag meant for the MP5 (linked above, though I can't believe they still cost that much).  It works great.  Of course the gun came with the 30 rounder bolt hold open mags.  It fits with one inserted, but it's tight.  Instead I keep a 20 rounder in it.  I also have a double mag holder strapped to the pals webbing.  

Sometimes I practice swinging the bag around to the front, pulling the gun and throwing the sling over my head.  It's a great little gun.

In a couple weeks, my gun club is having an Action Shoot where we allow carbines in the Shoot House. (normally rifle calibers are not allowed in the shoot house).  I can't freaking wait.

5.11 isn't exactly a discrete pack for gun people, but I think it works.  I don't wear the fanny pack part on the bag.  I've worn it to Law Enforcement conventions, Gun shows, and the Outdoor show as an actual sling pack for all the handouts and swag and nobody accused me of having a sub-machinegun.

I can comfortably keep 1 mag in the gun, two in the double holder and two more in the smaller zipper pocket.
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top