Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2014 4:10:31 PM EDT
Is there a better / slimmer / no drill / more secure mount to replace the one on the SB47?  Mine interferes with trigger reset and will not stay tight enough to prevent wiggle.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 4:50:54 PM EDT
[#1]
On the topside of the mounting forks (the side against the weapon), file a bevel to the inside tips. This will stop the interference with trigger reset.

When you install the grip. Really torque that thing down. Don't worry, you wont strip anything.

Link Posted: 9/8/2014 10:43:45 PM EDT
[#2]
On one of the forums I saw where someone drilled a hole through the brace's flat piece that slides under the pistol grip and drilled up through the bottom of the receiver and added a retaining screw through it for more support.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 2:21:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for all of the replies.  However, I am looking for a better alternative, rather than trying to fix the SB47.  I just want to reuse the brace and possibly the tube.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 11:30:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Some people have been using these.......i think the second one down on the page is what you are looking for. Out of stock now.....of course:)

Clisk here
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:21:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Mine was really loose as well no matter how tight I got the grip. I replaced the grip with a Hogue grip and now the SB-47 is as solid as any fixed stock.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 11:39:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Some people have been using these.......i think the second one down on the page is what you are looking for. Out of stock now.....of course:)

Clisk here
View Quote

That looks almost perfect.  I like that it looks thinner than the SB-47 and has the cross piece to prevent it coming off backwards.  Someone with some design skills is going to make one similar to this with a hinge option and a built in QD slot (Sven where are you).
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 9:37:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Huge grip will fix it and a longer bolt.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 2:51:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Just how large does the grip have to be?

Just kidding
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 8:39:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Just kidding
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just kidding

Auto correct. ..lol
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top