User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/2/2014 8:07:48 PM EDT
Top is a Draco.
VZ58 stock,
Dogleg dustcover with PA micro dot,
YHM flash suppressor for the Phantom

It is in my opinion a better starting point for a SBR.

Below is a PAP 02,
AMS rail, PA microdot,
same stock,
YHM muzzle brake.

The PAP would had been another inch or more shorter than the Draco, but I needed to use a CNC Warrior thread adapter to mount the QD brake for the can.  It is only half an inch or so shorter now.

Plan is for a ironwood designs smaller Yugo wood pistol grip, but they are out of ferrules right now.

That worked great on an N-PAP.

Wearing two stamps.

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 11:03:10 PM EDT
[#1]
how is the suppressor on the pap92. I've heard that it's still very loud?
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 11:16:21 PM EDT
[#2]
The combination of the YHM 7.62 muzzle break and the large 7.62 can rated for more powerful 30 calls makes for a good reduction.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 11:43:07 AM EDT
[#3]
I never understood why people spend tons of money on firearms and go cheap on optics.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 11:59:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Because I am specifically waiting to see the new Micro and how it pans out and what the price on the old Micro will be.

The PAs will then get passed down to other beaters.

It only takes about 600 bucks and a stamp to make a SBR AK.

I have plenty of guns with EoTechs, PROs, and T1s.

I prefer the micro dots on these vs. a PRO or EoTech.

Link Posted: 9/3/2014 5:03:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I know a lot of people ask but would it be possible to show a video of the draco and papm92 running with the aac Can?
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 7:17:37 PM EDT
[#6]
why do you think the draco is a better base gun to sbr than the m92?
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 8:36:31 PM EDT
[#7]
i like the papm92  i can fit mines in my 1510 pelican case. Plus i haven't seen a good video of a suppressed papm92 online a lot of low quality videos
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 12:46:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Draco has better factory sights, a thicker rear trunnions, better hand guard availability, better dust cover rail options, standard ak  threads with better FH and comp availability for QD suppressor mounts
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 8:04:25 AM EDT
[#9]
How did you mount the VZ stocks?
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 10:52:16 AM EDT
[#10]
On the Draco I drilled and tapped for the VZ bolt.
Very thick trunnion and mounts very well.

On the PAP I did the same, but trunnion in only one half or even a third as thick.
The nut size for the VZ stock bolt is very hard to find.  I took a nut, drilled it out, tapped it,
and used that inside the front trunnion to give the VZ stock bolt more threading to grip.
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top