Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/29/2014 7:48:31 PM EDT
I was looking at the Echo93 V3-SB sling adaptor, but are there any others that you guys are using?  Pics would help.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 5:26:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I personally didn't care for the type that you sandwich between your grip and receiver.  There are a couple of these types that require a 1/2" diameter hole to be drilled through the rear trunnion.  These are made by Noveske and Impact Weapons Components.

Link Posted: 8/30/2014 5:39:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one from CNC Warrior.  Seems to work well, and is only $12.00 on sale right now.

CNC Warrior M85/M92 Rear Sling Loop

Link Posted: 8/30/2014 8:40:14 PM EDT
[#3]
How do those work with the SB47 in place?

I am looking for a good option for a rear QD socket style mount to use with the brace installed too.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 9:29:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How do those work with the SB47 in place?

I am looking for a good option for a rear QD socket style mount to use with the brace installed too.
View Quote

First one couldn't of course, guess  didn't get it or look at pic of model you mentioned. Second one with loop downward might work, dunno, might not be room for hand.

Other one mainly mentioned is the RapidFireTek one:

It's sort of like second one mentioned, but comes out farther to rear and with less angle on it for hand clearance on grip and bolts into the brace also. It's nice in that it doesn't stick out to side and is more ambidextrous I guess. It also clips around trigger guard to anchor whole shebang from coming backwards.

https://rapidfiretek.com/product/zastava-m92m85-pap-serbia-ak-47-with-stablizing-brace-single-point-sling-adapter/

Haven't noticed one that would work with brace and has QD, though.

- OS
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 2:30:23 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm using the Stormwerkz adapter.

I also have their folding mechanism as I wanted a folder and sling attachment point.  Of course I'm using brace with the folder.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 2:39:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I am using the SB47, but ditched the attachment piece. I drilled the back of the receiver to match all Ace and SW stock items. I just didn't like the side to side movement of the original hardware,  and I also didn't like that all that was holding it to the gun was friction. I ended up using the ACE pig nose. I like this setup much better, but now I need to decide which way to go for a rear QD socket style sling mount. Being the buffer tube is hollow and nothing goes inside if it, I may try do something over the rubber brace and secure it into the alum tube.

Any ideas out there?
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 3:41:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I am using the SB47, but ditched the attachment piece. I drilled the back of the receiver to match all Ace and SW stock items. I just didn't like the side to side movement of the original hardware,  and I also didn't like that all that was holding it to the gun was friction. I ended up using the ACE pig nose. I like this setup much better, but now I need to decide which way to go for a rear QD socket style sling mount. Being the buffer tube is hollow and nothing goes inside if it, I may try do something over the rubber brace and secure it into the alum tube.

Any ideas out there?
View Quote

Oh, well, that sounds easy, a number of places make sling adapters that simply clamp around an AR spec buffer tube, some you wouldn't even have to take brace off to attach. Some quick random examples:

There are some really inexpensive ones on eBay if you don't care about a brand name.

- OS
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 6:07:10 PM EDT
[#8]
I have seen those, I think a couple of the MI ones would work.

Here is what my setup looks like. It has the ACE Pig nose, and a locking nut. The Pig nose and the nut are the same outside diameter.

Using most (or maybe all) looks like it would have to sit between the nut and the brace, which would slide the brace back a little, which it fine.....I just don't know what the new gap between the front of the mount and the back of the receiver would look like, or if it would make an area that things would want to grab onto. I am not going to battle or anything....haha, so mostly just looks I guess.

I have the style of mount that has the low profile QD socket built right into the locking plate on my AR pistols, and like that because I can use my Magpul sling as a single point, or add and use a front mount if I want to use it as a 2 point sling.

I saw someone that drilled a hole in the side near the back of the receiver and uses one of the QD mounts that sit just a little above flush with a nut on the back. That would be great, just don;t know if I want to drill another hole in the receiver....I guess I already added 2 in the back.

I am just thinking out loud here........looking for ideas that i maybe haven't thought of yet.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 6:53:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I am just thinking out loud here........looking for ideas that i maybe haven't thought of yet.
View Quote

I always try easiest and cheapest first, then move to optimum later if not pleased.

- OS
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 7:20:51 PM EDT
[#10]
After talking about how I really like my simple QD socket AR lock plate style mounts.....I had a moment....haha.

i just use it rotated with a short KAK spacer. So, it is pig nose, lock plate and then KAK short spacer. It works perfect. My only concern it that it may slip and want to slightly rotate......but that really won't affect anything if it does. Seems very solid/tight right now.

Just wanted to share....thanks for helping me brain storm...and sorry to hijack your thread
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 7:33:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Looks outstanding to me, ergonomically sound and quite unobtrusive to the eye too, nice solution.

- OS
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 10:17:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Thank you. I think it will work well for my needs. Funny thing is that it will rarely have the sling on it....but I want to be able too if I choose.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 9:45:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for all the replies guys.  I'm really liking the E93 and the RFT, just can't decide which I like better.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 9:51:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I have seen those, I think a couple of the MI ones would work.

Here is what my setup looks like. It has the ACE Pig nose, and a locking nut. The Pig nose and the nut are the same outside diameter.

Using most (or maybe all) looks like it would have to sit between the nut and the brace, which would slide the brace back a little, which it fine.....I just don't know what the new gap between the front of the mount and the back of the receiver would look like, or if it would make an area that things would want to grab onto. I am not going to battle or anything....haha, so mostly just looks I guess.

I have the style of mount that has the low profile QD socket built right into the locking plate on my AR pistols, and like that because I can use my Magpul sling as a single point, or add and use a front mount if I want to use it as a 2 point sling.

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/M92-2.jpg

I saw someone that drilled a hole in the side near the back of the receiver and uses one of the QD mounts that sit just a little above flush with a nut on the back. That would be great, just don;t know if I want to drill another hole in the receiver....I guess I already added 2 in the back.

View Quote

I haven't seen those before.  Like you said I'm not a fan of the slight wobble and there's not much holding it on there, but it seems to be held in place alright.  Are there just the two screws holding that adaptor and the rest of the set up on?
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 11:06:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Yes, there are 2 - 10-32 (I think) screws that hold it to the receiver. It is rock solid. The back of the receiver is thicker that it looks, and it is a bit of a pain to drill and tap (it was for me anyway), but yes....rock solid.

ACE has been doing these for ARs, FALs, AR180s, etc....with the same 2 screw attachment for years.  Stormwerks makes them too.

Here is the Ace one from midway, mine came without the "Key" raised area on the back....for my application, that was a good thing or I would have had to mill it off.

Click here
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 9:52:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Thanks for all the replies guys.  I'm really liking the E93 and the RFT, just can't decide which I like better.
View Quote

Go with the E93. It does not impede the SB-47 from being used as intended. You never know if that would become and issue. Especially when dealing with local LE that typically do not keep up on these matters.

Plus, the tang on the SB-47 is already 1/4 thick. Then you are stacking at least another 1/8th of an inch to that. To much sandwiched together if you ask me.

Link Posted: 9/5/2014 10:24:05 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Here is the Ace one from midway, mine came without the "Key" raised area on the back....for my application, that was a good thing or I would have had to mill it off.
View Quote

Can you opt for the version without the "key" or is there two different models?
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 10:33:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Go with the E93. It does not impede the SB-47 from being used as intended. You never know if that would become and issue. Especially when dealing with local LE that typically do not keep up on these matters.

Plus, the tang on the SB-47 is already 1/4 thick. Then you are stacking at least another 1/8th of an inch to that. To much sandwiched together if you ask me.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's what I was worried about is losing too many threads for the grip screw to hold everything.  The E93 does seem like the better option.
As for the "intended" use and local LE I think I will be fine where I'm at.  Plus, I may be wrong, but it was ruled that you can't be told how to shoot your handgun so would it matter?
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 10:35:34 AM EDT
[#20]

Are you using the Ace set up as well?  Also, what is that around your magazine/magazine well?
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 11:19:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Are you using the Ace set up as well?  Also, what is that around your magazine/magazine well?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

usak47.com pistol tube adapter

solar tactical mag well

What do you think of my sling and pistol tube sling adapter?
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top