Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/17/2014 6:11:32 AM EDT
I got my form 1 back a few days ago so it's time to put a folder on the M92.  I was set on the manticore, but I read that it weighs just under a pound.  I am not sure I want that extra weight on an already heavy rifle.  Is the Ace stock any lighter?
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 12:47:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Ace's 10" skeleton stock is 11 oz give or take a few hundredths.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 1:40:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Congrats on the M92! The Manticore stock feels sturdier than the Ace (IMHO of course)
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 1:49:58 PM EDT
[#3]
No love for the CNC Warrior stock?
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 2:09:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

There is less than a quarter pound difference between the two stocks.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 2:18:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Manticore. They are both good stocks but the Manticore is sexy.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 2:39:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I had to make this decision recently and I personally think the Manticore looks much better and thats what i went with. The downside is after a good day of shooting the shoulder is a little sore..You can use a pad but then it takes away from the look of it where the Ace(never used) would probably feel better after a hard use...Thats just my .02( i do have a pad for my manticore and it makes it feel MUCH better but i leave it off for photos :) )
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 6:39:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey, I went with the MA triangle folder.

I think it looks better on an AK.  Nothing against ACE, I've owned those too. Prefer the manticore on an AK.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 4:36:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Take a look at the CNC Warrior one- extremely easy to install and rock solid.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 2:32:53 PM EDT
[#9]
The Manticore is solid.  Feels a little heavy but it actually balances the PAP quite well once you a MI rail and accessories.  

Only complaint with the Manticore is the corners of the stock are very sharp.  At least mine was.  I had to file the corners down otherwise Id be tearing holes in my shirts.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 11:49:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The Manticore is solid.  Feels a little heavy but it actually balances the PAP quite well once you a MI rail and accessories.  

Only complaint with the Manticore is the corners of the stock are very sharp.  At least mine was.  I had to file the corners down otherwise Id be tearing holes in my shirts.
View Quote

Which corners? The buttplate/back corners?? I can see where that would suck.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 7:17:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Manticore. They are both good stocks but the Manticore is sexy.
View Quote

This...  I have had both, and both work great, but the Manticore just looks better.  It is what I have on my M92 SBR.
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top