Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2014 3:12:01 PM EDT
Today I'm going to the shop to tap and finally drill my pap. got all the paper work and parts together. Thank you all that helped me along the way with this project. I hope to have pics up by tonight.

Also any accessories that yall recommend for a pap sbr. I thought about midway industries rail and and a infore rifle light.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 7:48:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Im also considering the MI forearm.  I'd like them to release the 30 mm ring version, though.  I've got a TriPower that needs a home.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 11:41:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Well everyone I had some hold ups on some tools but its finally finished.

the drill and tap was smooth. had to oil up the hinge to get it moving a bit, started to bind a bit.

the manticore stock with the hinge is rock solid. and it fits perfectly  in my pelican 1510 case.

This is a small part of my collection enjoy.

Now that i got something to back up my story now. anyone else have idea on the next step in there opinion? or recommended parts that fit the pap?
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 12:57:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Nice job. What tools and sizes did you use?  I'm about to do the same in a couple of months or so
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 2:07:54 AM EDT
[#4]
TOOLS: Brownell is has a great set available. ( gun smith that made sure that I didn't fuck it up had me use this. it comes with the drill to match the tap so less work for you.

http://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-tools-supplies/general-gunsmith-tools/taps-dies/tap-die-kits/drill-tap-kit-no-2-prod616.aspx  

Brownells roll pin punch

http://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-tools-supplies/general-gunsmith-tools/punches/brownells-roll-pin-punches-prod26482.aspx

hammer a soft and hard sided one helps

http://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-tools-supplies/general-gunsmith-tools/hammers/1-nylon-brass-hammer-prod12588.aspx

The allen keys can be a set like this or the stand alone kind. (what ever works for you do it)

http://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-tools-supplies/general-gunsmith-tools/wrenches/general-wrenches/bondhus-gorilla-wrench-set-includes-metric-standard-and-torx-prod38502.aspx?dym=y

also a small wood block to help slide down the hinge before you fully tighten it down is a great help

a Good dermal is going to help get rid of some ruff edges and smoothing out the extra material.

1. got a standard punch to mark the spot to drill

2. got a drill equal to 10-32 (look at manticore website for the details)

3. a little bit of rem oil while drilling

4. taps were 10-32 (take it slow the metal is mid steel. watch for burs!! I did mines by hand when tapping "make sure your it going straight down and not leaning in any other direction.) this is a very important step, good tap = easy removal if need and a nice secure fit. the stock will be rock solid once everything is down.

5. screw it in and make sure its smooth. no resistant and putting the hinge on.

6. the stock is a straight through the small latch has the threads you can lock tight it if you want.
(make sure before putting on all the finishing touches that its in the postion you want and then finish it.  

NOTE: there will be some scratches on the manticore stock while installing. its a sprayed on coating but its a AK so it can take a betting. you can go over it again afterwards.

Once your down. if you bought the tools already you'll have the for any project you need. if you borrowed them "return them to whom every"
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top