Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2014 7:47:42 PM EDT
Going to put a Tapco G2 trigger in my M92, not sure if I need the single or double hook, any helpful suggestions? difference?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 7:50:35 PM EDT
[#1]
It's a double. Check and make sure you don't already have one in there :).
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:01:16 PM EDT
[#2]
How would I tell it from any other AK trigger?
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:20:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How would I tell it from any other AK trigger?
View Quote

Easy. Original Yugo is gonna be made out of some super hard steel with tons of sharp corners. Finish will be shiny.
Tapco is molded/cast. See the mold lines? Finish is dull oxide.
The Tapco also has that sleeve thing holding the trigger and sear as one unit- the Yugo will not.

You can go either single or double hook in your Yugo without modifications to gun. I'd get the double hook since it's what the M-92's originally come with.
Why are you wanting a Tapco trigger though? Original Yugo trigger is rough and gritty, but seem to break clean enough. A little polishing on the ears of the hammer and  bottom of the trigger hooks make these feel like glass.

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:45:02 AM EDT
[#4]
I actually just worked over my M92 trigger yesterday. It actually looks just like a G2 double hook without the sleeve. With removal of the painted finish and a little buffing, it damn near feels like a 2 stage with a clear take up and break. It measured out to be about 4.5 lbs and almost feels too light being on a AK.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 7:15:00 AM EDT
[#5]
I used a G2 in my SBR for 922(r) purposes. I put the single hook version in first, but I didn't like having the extra hole/slot in the bottom of the receiver so it got replaced with a double hook version. Dubious reason, I know, but there it is.

To me, the G2 is the only Tapco product that's worth a damn.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 5:50:16 PM EDT
[#6]
IF ...i were to replace mine id go with a single hook G2, I think that with less surface contact between trigger and hammer it might produce a smoother pull&break. But since mine is a pistol and dont worry about 922r, im just breaking in my factory trigger and if that doesnt help enough ill smooth it out the rest of the way Rifle Dynamics suggests. Happy shooting Gents
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 5:55:28 PM EDT
[#7]
I just installed Tapco G2 trigger to my M92, trigger that came with my M92 was very crisp and look very similar, the only thing that is not the same is sleeve that comes with trigger for on Tapco.  I got a deal on one so I bought it and installed it.....can't wait to try it out next week  Oh...I got the double hook and the one that came in my M92 was double hook also....
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:32:45 PM EDT
[#8]
My M92 already had a tapco G2 sear and hammer in it. The trigger was not a G2.
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top