Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/13/2014 4:11:45 PM EDT
I'm wanting a 7.62x39 AK SBR with a Russian poly folding stock.  

Who can build me one or is this something I could find pre built?

I currently have a PAP M92 pistol.   From what I've read this isn't a job I want to tackle.

Arsenal SLR-107UR SBR looks to be what I'm after.  Do you guy's think there will be another batch of them?

Link Posted: 7/14/2014 1:00:17 AM EDT
[#1]
i like that micro 105, you could always buy a SLR 107FR or CR and chop it down just like it.

as for importing a 7.62 sbr ready rifle, on another forum a K-Var rep said " As of right now we have no idea if we will get them in. If we do get them in stock we will let everyone know."
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 2:51:39 AM EDT
[#2]
I believe arsenal makes a 5.56 factory sbr with folding poly stock
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 6:34:22 AM EDT
[#3]
try cnc warrior. they do a lot of this kind of work and may build you what you want with a pinned and welded barrel extension so you buy a title 1 gun and form one it yourself, then cut the barrel extension off and avoid the hassle of trunnion replacement
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 8:24:09 AM EDT
[#4]
No more factory SBR's from Arsenal.  Sent an email to CNC Warrior.  Who else can build me one?

These are no longer legal to import.    You would have to locate one via the internet, it has been several years since they were imported new.

Annette
Customer Service
Arsenal Inc.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 10:00:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No more factory SBR's from Arsenal.  Sent an email to CNC Warrior.  Who else can build me one?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

These are no longer legal to import.    You would have to locate one via the internet, it has been several years since they were imported new.

Annette
Customer Service
Arsenal Inc.

she's right in a way but that doesn't mean there won't be more, i'm pretty sure Arsenal or K-Var chops the barrels in house
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 7:23:11 AM EDT
[#6]
CNC referred me to CMP Armory.  Still waiting on a reply from them.

Anyone else?

Arsenal SLR-107UR looks to be exactly what I'm looking for, but they are no longer imported.  
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:32:50 AM EDT
[#7]
I'd also like an SBR like this. Would any pistol work for the trunion conversion or are there ones that work better? Ones to avoid?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:27:44 AM EDT
[#8]
I'd avoid the Polish pistol that IO imports.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:11:21 PM EDT
[#9]
PM inbound.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:28:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Any AK builder can do this work for you.  I have no idea what the turn around time would be.  In Range is one name that comes to mind off the top of my head.  Ther are many others though.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:30:24 PM EDT
[#11]
I think the easiest way to go about getting what you want would be to put in a form 1 and look for someone to do the work while you wait for the stamp to come back.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 1:34:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'd also like an SBR like this. Would any pistol work for the trunion conversion or are there ones that work better? Ones to avoid?

Thanks.
View Quote

No any ak pistol will not work. IF you do a side folder conversion you need

1 - any ak pistol w/out the serial ## on the rear of the receiver.

2 - once 1 is accomplished, you need to find a smith OR be confident AND competent to do the work yourself.  

3 -  purchase rear side folding trunnion, side folding stock assy.  Remove factory trunnion

4 - install new trunnion AFTER cutting rear of receiver [ as necessary] to allow install of trunnion and folder assy  YOU DID BUY RIVETS?

5 - Before riveting in step 4 spot weld the old rivet holes.

6 - road test

7 - refinish or not.

I'm sure there's something i am missing, but PT kicked my ass, so i'm winging it.

Option 2

buy AK parts kit with US bbl installed and head spaced, buy 922 parts, buy Nodak side folder receiver and side folder trunnion / assy.   . Have smith shorten bbl to desired length and enlarge gas port (as needed) build on nodak and have fun.
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top