Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/24/2014 6:28:45 AM EDT
I saw that M92 bump fire video that was going around a while ago and decided it looked fun.  I picked up an M92 for $460 after transfer paperwork, sent off the SBR paperwork and got to work.

It is nowhere near done and needs a lot of polish and paint (duracoat).  The rail for the pistol grip is still a work in progress.  When it is finished I hope to have most of the rail, if not all of it, hidden inside the grip.

I didn't like any of the rail options out for the M92 so I picked up an Aim Sport Saiga quad rail to modify.  It was around $60.

I had to cut, file, and grind on the rail to get it to fit properly.  

I also had to file some parts down on the gun itself.  

I know the rail looks ugly right now but this is nowhere near what it will look like when finished.  It needs to be reshaped and I will probably hollow out a spot inside grip to hide the rails.  

I also added an AKRBZ adaptor to correct the angle of the stock.  I had to shave a good portion of the AKRBZ adaptor to get it to lay flush on the rear of the receiver.  I drilled and tapped the rear of the receiver for 4 counter sunk screws to secure the stock.  I then added a M4 Stock Folding Mechanism.  It locks up well and there is no play or give.  It has a pistol tube attached until the SBR paperwork comes back.

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:24:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like an interesting build. What's the deal with the springs in the stock in the first pic?
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 5:43:21 PM EDT
[#2]
If it's to aid in the bump fire, OP best delete the pictures and hide his dog.  You can't use springs to aid in bumpfiring.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 3:42:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Dampin recoil
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 3:32:03 AM EDT
[#4]
If you already SBR'd the pistol why not just buy the Slidefire stock already made for the AK platform?
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 7:14:39 AM EDT
[#5]
I wanted a folding stock, and a new DIY project.
Link Posted: 4/30/2014 12:02:40 PM EDT
[#6]
The stock springs are not a good idea legally. Invest in a good trigger.
Link Posted: 4/30/2014 8:00:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah I would ditch the stock springs unless you like huge fines and a nice prison sentence...
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 11:39:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Looks like a dandy Bigun!!!.....I really like the fact that you can get the most out of what little space there is on the barrel, meaning the full length of rails.
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 12:47:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The stock springs are not a good idea legally. Invest in a good trigger.
View Quote

Other firearms have springs in stock, like the tacticool version of Hi-Point carbine:

Graco Cracoil buttplate you can add to many stocks:

- OS
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 6:48:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Updated pictures of the folding stock mechanism and the modified receiver block.  

I made my own dust cover rail with a 12" rail off amazon for $12.  I cut it, shaped it to fit, and drilled and tapped  4 screws to hold it in place.  I then used devcon in between the rail and top of the dust cover, the threads of the screws, and the screw heads to keep every thing in place.  The bolt carrier doesn't contact the screws.

I'm going to hit the gun with another few coats of mate black duracoat in the next week or so.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 7:07:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Looking good Bigun, coming along nicely.  Thanks for the info & update on yer project.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 12:56:29 PM EDT
[#12]
It's pretty well established that the springs are a no-go.  But yea, whatever, we're all wrong.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 6:08:08 AM EDT
[#13]

Link Posted: 8/15/2014 8:15:15 AM EDT
[#14]
I like it! well done!
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 5:16:07 AM EDT
[#15]
fixing to start whittling on mine...........yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 4:22:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Excellent work there. Hoping to build mine in a similar fashion one day.
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top