Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2014 3:45:32 AM EDT
How to pimp your M92 AK47 Krink Pistol PAP
In this video the guy goes into detail about why a recoil buffer is useful on his M92

I'm surprised no one in this forum uses something like this.
http://www.buffertech.com/AK-Valmet-Galil-Recoil-Buffer-P5.aspx

I tried to join the AKFiles forum, but 2 days after activation and I still cant ask questions or post replies. Looks like those admins are asleep at the wheel.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:07:39 AM EDT
[#1]
They don't do anything they advertise and can cause failures that wouldn't be present without them. I've tried them on about a half dozen AKs of mine, PAP included, and have never noticed any difference whatsoever in recoil or followup shots.
Waste of money, solution in search of a problem, etc.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:10:07 AM EDT
[#2]
People here will tell you if the buffer slams the trunnion, then you need a new recoil spring. But what to do when this happens on a new AK? I have them on all my AK's, & except for the Draco I owned, they were never a problem. On some AK's where the top cutout on the receiver was incorrectly cut, the bolt carrier will jump off the rail. You can spend a bundle, & replace the receiver, or spend $10 on a buffer to keep the carrier from going back too far. Why put shock absorbers on a car? The springs do an OK job.  GARY
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:22:57 AM EDT
[#3]
I have never needed a buffer on a correctly assembled AK.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 9:48:57 AM EDT
[#4]
It's a band aid that doesn't fix the actual problem.  They have their place, but probably in 90% of AKs they are a waste of money.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:16:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's a band aid that doesn't fix the actual problem.  They have their place, but probably in 90% of AKs they are a waste of money.
View Quote

Well put. I used to run them, but quickly wised up and removed all of them.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 12:33:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Funny how some ppl on the interwebs swear by them. Anyway, thanks for your input lads. I wont think about a buffer again unless I have problems.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 7:22:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Wouldnt a buffer save wear and tear on what otherwise would be metal on metal contact? ( provided BCG to trunnion contact)
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 7:25:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Wouldnt a buffer save wear and tear on what otherwise would be metal on metal contact? ( provided BCG to trunnion contact)
View Quote

Its barely enough wear to take off the finish after sustained full auto fire for the expected service length of the rifle.  None of the militaries that fielded the AK used buffers.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 8:19:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Its barely enough wear to take off the finish after sustained full auto fire for the expected service length of the rifle.  None of the militaries that fielded the AK used buffers.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good to know. Saves me 15 bucks. Thanks
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top