Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/17/2014 2:49:45 PM EDT
Anyone try one of the M85s with the AR15 mag adapter yet?
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:05:48 PM EDT
[#1]
This!!!!!! Anyone????
Link Posted: 5/7/2014 3:04:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm curious as well.  I've been waiting on them for a few months and I haven't heard anyone discussing it...saw some on GB.

My biggest concern is the adapter is polymer and I wonder what the durability of it will be long term.
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 7:41:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought a TAKD Bastard before I even bought an M85 (still on layaway).  I saw the new version coming with a polymer magwell afterwards, but I would still rather do the conversion myself with metal parts.  I am planning to SBR it as soon as I take possession, but I want to have a barrel extension installed for while I wait.  The only problem with that is I can only find aluminum barrel extensions...
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 2:32:32 AM EDT
[#4]
polymer has been used in firearms for how long now ?

Unless you plan on sitting in your chair and slamming steel mags in and out of it day and night I highly doubt anyone would ever wear out one on a gun like a m85.
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 9:04:39 AM EDT
[#5]
The polymer one also doesn't have LRBHO.  And the billet versions just look better IMHO
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 9:00:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The polymer one also doesn't have LRBHO.  And the billet versions just look better IMHO
View Quote

neither does the standard M85  in 5.56. have a bolt hold open. your thinkin the 92 model, in 7.62x39

the 85np has my interest peaked
Link Posted: 5/11/2014 3:27:26 AM EDT
[#7]
The polymer is not a concern after firing a few mags yesterday.  Pmags are a real tight fit and removal is not quick if not pulled straight down.  Lancer AWM was fine, GI mags worked fine and the gun comes with Tango's that worked okay.  The mag release is small but functional.

Sights are good for about 15 yards and then disappeared on farther distanced targets.  I will be mounting one of the pic rail systems on the top cover.  Every third or fourth round was a giant fireball.  Recoil was minimal with krink brake and arm brace.
Link Posted: 5/11/2014 7:18:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

neither does the standard M85  in 5.56. have a bolt hold open. your thinkin the 92 model, in 7.62x39

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine will when I'm done with it:

TAKD
Link Posted: 5/11/2014 7:24:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The polymer is not a concern after firing a few mags yesterday.  Pmags are a real tight fit and removal is not quick if not pulled straight down.  Lancer AWM was fine, GI mags worked fine and the gun comes with Tango's that worked okay.  The mag release is small but functional.

Sights are good for about 15 yards and then disappeared on farther distanced targets.  I will be mounting one of the pic rail systems on the top cover.  Every third or fourth round was a giant fireball.  Recoil was minimal with krink brake and arm brace.
View Quote

So the mags don't drop free?
Link Posted: 5/11/2014 12:16:25 PM EDT
[#10]
They most certainly do not on my pistol.  Still just an AK is some regards.
Link Posted: 5/11/2014 5:57:08 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

TAKD
View Quote

So these are a drop in fit to the pap m85? anyone have pictures?
Link Posted: 5/11/2014 6:34:37 PM EDT
[#12]
They are pretty far from a drop in installation, the trigger guard has to be removed and the front trunion on has to be milled out a bit to accept AR mags.  They had to have done the same thing on the new version of the M85 in order to make it work as well.  I'm looking forward to the project, but not looking forward to yet another long wait for the stamp...
Link Posted: 5/12/2014 12:59:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

TAKD
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

TAKD

ah I see now very nice. still I might try a M85NP. I already have the M85 and 25 Yugo steel mags. they work fine and are fairly cheap now $9.99. It's hard to beat a steel AK mag they're just built to last.
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 9:07:46 PM EDT
[#14]
I picked one up used with an sb47 brace on it.  Shooting from the bench I loved it.  Unfortunately, what I did not notice, because the mag was resting on the table, if there is no pressure on the magazine, there is enough play the mag drops enough to prevent the bolt from stripping the next round.

I am going to talk to the gunsmith where I bought it to see if he can come up with a fix.  No luck on searching akfiles or ak47 net looking for an easy fix.
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top