Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/7/2014 3:33:03 PM EDT
I wanted to share the progress I have made on my M92 so far. Here is where is started it off striaght out of the box.....

I took off the handguards and stained them red and added a gloss Spar urethane. Added the flah hider, stormwerx scope mount, Hogue rubber grip and Century arm brace. Here she is now.....

Hopefully the next update will be when i get to add a Russian triangle folding stock! That will be a while though......
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 1:52:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Have you got a chance to shoot it with the red dot yet?
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 3:23:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Not yet, I wont have a chance until next weekend.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 7:37:25 PM EDT
[#3]
How well does it hold it's zero with that mount?
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 4:57:00 AM EDT
[#4]
How did you replace the flash hider? Isn't the original weled in place?
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 5:18:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

That's how I removed the tac weld on mine.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 5:44:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Does the scope mount allow for Co-witnessing??  Lower 1/3??
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 6:43:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

I cut the weld in half using my Dremel with sander disc attachment. It was still holding fast, so I lined up my screwdriver on the remaining weld on the protector and whacked the screwdriver handle with a hammer, forcing the protector to turn clockwise.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 6:48:10 AM EDT
[#8]
I can't stand that flash hinder/muzzle device. Makes the gun look completely hideous. When I get my M92 I am going in a different direction. I do like the AK hogue grips. Very comfortable.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 9:22:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I cut the weld in half using my Dremel with sander disc attachment. It was still holding fast, so I lined up my screwdriver on the remaining weld on the protector and whacked the screwdriver handle with a hammer, forcing the protector to turn clockwise.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the tip! So the "thread protector"/flash hider is a backwards/left handed thread? That is good to know.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 10:36:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Thanks for the tip! So the "thread protector"/flash hider is a backwards/left handed thread? That is good to know.
View Quote

Indeed. I found a vid on youtube to confirm what that looks like before the first whack, lol.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 4:03:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Love the red. I would redo mine like that but those handguards were a beast to put back on...
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top