AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 8:19:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's it. It looks just as functional as a stock ... it seems to good to be true.
View Quote

Think of it from their side, they spent an extra $200 for a stamp that is not needed (if all you want is pistol shoulder support).
Link Posted: 5/3/2014 5:20:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Why would that matter? Everyone is freaking out because of the folding mechanism. Can anyone provide any evidence that adding a folding mechanism changes a pistol to a rifle?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Does the brace on the Sig pistol fold?

Why would that matter? Everyone is freaking out because of the folding mechanism. Can anyone provide any evidence that adding a folding mechanism changes a pistol to a rifle?

It would matter because I was thinking about getting a Sig pistol, but I haven't seen one that had a folding mechanism and that would seal the deal for me.  It appears that you're the one jumping to conclusions...lighten up, Francis.
Link Posted: 5/3/2014 5:55:37 AM EDT
[#3]
how is he jumping to conclusions ? there is no way a folding mechanism changes a pistol to a rifle.  The only thing that makes a pistol into a SBR is adding a stock. Other wise its a pistol or a firearm depending on overall length.

I would contact Sig and see what model they sell with a folding receiver extension.
Link Posted: 5/3/2014 12:07:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

It would matter because I was thinking about getting a Sig pistol, but I haven't seen one that had a folding mechanism and that would seal the deal for me.  It appears that you're the one jumping to conclusions...lighten up, Francis.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Does the brace on the Sig pistol fold?

OK '13er.
Link Posted: 5/4/2014 4:00:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
how is he jumping to conclusions ? there is no way a folding mechanism changes a pistol to a rifle.  The only thing that makes a pistol into a SBR is adding a stock. Other wise its a pistol or a firearm depending on overall length.
View Quote

I WAS NOT DISCUSSING ANYTHING ABOUT A STUPID SBR!  I WANTED TO KNOW WHETHER OR NOR SIG OFFERED A FOLDING BRACE ON THEIR PISTOLS!  I SEE THE AK SIDE OF THE BOARD IS SERIOUSLY LACKING WITH READING AND COMPREHENSION!!
Link Posted: 5/4/2014 4:30:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I WAS NOT DISCUSSING ANYTHING ABOUT A STUPID SBR!  I WANTED TO KNOW WHETHER OR NOR SIG OFFERED A FOLDING BRACE ON THEIR PISTOLS!  I SEE THE AK SIDE OF THE BOARD IS SERIOUSLY LACKING WITH READING AND COMPREHENSION!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Slow down little fella', no need to get so emotional over an internet post. I know it seems like serious business, but I promise it's not.

I thought you were asking because it had been brought up that the Sig also has a brace on a tube (within the context of a legal argument). My bad, sorry. Now, a few deep breaths and some warm milk should help you settle down.
Link Posted: 5/4/2014 4:35:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
SgtRed, what magazine is that in your pics? Is it a 20 round mag? It just looks shorter than all of the 30 round mags I've seen.
View Quote

TAPCO 20 round mag, they are cheap and they work.

I will be on the lookout for decently priced 20 round steel mags.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/4/2014 4:37:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Lol at everyone freaking out.

OP how is recoil with the brace?
View Quote

This thing shoots softer than my NHM! I don't know if it is the rubber brace or the shorter barrel.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/4/2014 5:10:38 AM EDT
[#9]
I did not know sig made an AK pistol but I guess if I wanted info about a non ak weapon I would ask in a AK sub section

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/4/2014 9:54:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I did not know sig made an AK pistol but I guess if I wanted info about a non ak weapon I would ask in a AK sub section
View Quote

I'm certain that you're probably unaware of this MAGICAL little icon here with the text "SEARCH" as its designator...let alone the one in your menu bar that is called "GOOGLE" or something similar.  You can end up in the damnedest places at times.  Next time I'll use the advanced feature to steer me away from the short-bus section of the site.
Link Posted: 5/4/2014 11:51:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/4/2014 12:38:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I'm certain that you're probably unaware of this MAGICAL little icon here with the text "SEARCH" as its designator...let alone the one in your menu bar that is called "GOOGLE" or something similar.  You can end up in the damnedest places at times.  Next time I'll use the advanced feature to steer me away from the short-bus section of the site.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, bye.
Link Posted: 5/4/2014 12:39:47 PM EDT
[#13]
lol...

Sig may not make a AK but they do make this.  It will be mine!

Link Posted: 5/4/2014 12:42:31 PM EDT
[#14]
You will be missed

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/4/2014 8:40:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
lol...

http://www.sigsauer.com/upFiles/catalog/product/556xi-SWAT-AK-P-SB15-Detail-Hero.jpg
View Quote

That pistol is very hard to find. I wanted one...but the $1800 price tag .. and the scarcity killed it for me.
Link Posted: 5/5/2014 4:36:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

That pistol is very hard to find. I wanted one...but the $1800 price tag .. and the scarcity killed it for me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
lol...

http://www.sigsauer.com/upFiles/catalog/product/556xi-SWAT-AK-P-SB15-Detail-Hero.jpg

It is my understanding that they haven't even shipped any yet.  As for the price...that's msrp.  I can't imagine the real world price being very close to that.  Maybe at first once they are released, but not for long.  Time will tell.
Link Posted: 5/5/2014 4:40:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

It is my understanding that they haven't even shipped any yet.  As for the price...that's msrp.  I can't imagine the real world price being very close to that.  Maybe at first once they are released, but not for long.  Time will tell.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
lol...

Well that explains the scarcity . Thanks for the heads up. If they are closer to $1500 than $1600  maybe I'm can still be in the hunt.
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 8:51:28 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Is it possible to get a decent cheek weld with that?
View Quote

yes.  This guy had never shot an AK before this.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqP4N97AEBQ[/youtube]

Why is the embed not working?
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 6:31:40 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm done with mine.         Shot it today.    Can't wait to take it out again.  
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 7:50:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Tell me about your optic mount. I'm interested in one to go on mine.
Link Posted: 5/11/2014 3:30:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 5/11/2014 4:15:15 AM EDT
[#22]

Link Posted: 5/11/2014 7:52:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

I got my mount from these guys
Link Posted: 5/11/2014 6:53:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Thanks man!
Link Posted: 5/16/2014 5:33:42 AM EDT
[#27]
Here is my PAP M92, waiting on the stamp.

Stormwerks hinge
Manticore Arms Folding Stock
Extended Booster (Ugly, I know)

" />
Link Posted: 5/20/2014 2:11:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
<a href="http://s60.photobucket.com/user/yayarx7/media/Zastava%20PAP%20M92%20AK-47/20140321_183626_zps1b115a35.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h21/yayarx7/Zastava%20PAP%20M92%20AK-47/20140321_183626_zps1b115a35.jpg</a>
View Quote

What kind of bag is that gray one?
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 7:41:00 PM EDT
[#29]
OP - Is that the usmachinegun folding ar stock adapter?  If not, then which one?  I am sold and building one.  M92 is only $399 @ JGS!  The sbr version of any AK is typically $1000-$1500 prior to the tax stamp.  I WILL ONLY HAVE $800+/- in my build all in, including the manticore nightbrake and krebs mk6!  Leaves me tons of money for ammo.  Thanks.

Bryant
Link Posted: 6/24/2014 6:18:39 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Is that the Tromix charging handle bolt?
How do you like the 4 piece brake on the M92?
Link Posted: 6/24/2014 9:04:49 AM EDT
[#32]
Here's ours. So far we've added a SB-47 brace and a Midwest Industries handguard.  We'll probably add a Primary Arms red dot in the near future.

Link Posted: 6/24/2014 9:47:17 AM EDT
[#33]
StormWerkz side folding mechanism
StormWerkz universal carbine adapter
Pistol tube
SB15
Magpul grip
StormWerkz rail
Primary Arms red dot

Now what to do about a handguard? Can't say I really like anything being produced right now.

Then I saw someone on this forum use a Saiga quad rail with extensive modification and was inspired to try it.

I really hate the sights on this thing so I had no problem getting rid of the front sight. Also ditched the wood handguard mounts.

Getting close. Still have some more grinding and cutting to do.

I know not everyone will like what I'm doing or agree with it, but oh well.

Fred
Link Posted: 6/24/2014 11:41:13 AM EDT
[#34]
I have GOT to get an optic on mine.  So far only added the Manticore brake and a detent.  I don't want to drill my cover, but I like the wood handguards...what a conundrum!
Link Posted: 6/24/2014 1:08:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does that get a co-witness with the irons at all?
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 5:54:53 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

EDIT: Just looked at the origin of the quote tree and saw he is using a different optic.

Barely.
I have the RFT rail installed on a M92 and using a fixed base Primary Arms microdot I can just see some front sight using the 400m rear sight. I can't see anything using the 200m.

Link Posted: 6/27/2014 7:24:40 AM EDT
[#37]
Got the quad rail fitted finally.

The angle of the rear is really starting to bug me.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 12:13:03 PM EDT
[#38]
US Machine Gun.com appears to have several options that account for the angle of the M92 PAP pistol.....
I don't know first hand, but the images definitely look like they do. Might call and inquire?
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 2:13:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 2:18:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Here is my PAP M92, waiting on the stamp.

Stormwerks hinge
Manticore Arms Folding Stock
Extended Booster (Ugly, I know)

http://<a href=http://i806.photobucket.com/albums/yy346/ryknoll3/IMG_20140515_113342153.jpg</a>" />
View Quote

How hard was it to mount the hinge on the PAP92?  

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 6:11:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I would think that extension tube might get you into trouble. The arm brace isn't meant to be assembled in that manner. I personally would advise against what you did unless you have a stamp.
View Quote

Bullshit. ATF already ruled that "misuse" of the brace is not a crime. Regardless, it's a heavy, clunky, expensive waste of space, IMO.

-SF
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top