Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/3/2014 6:38:14 AM EDT
How long is this thing if you measure the end of the receiver to the end of the brace? I have freakishly long arms and I don't want to get this thing if it fastens around my wrist instead of my forearm.
Link Posted: 2/3/2014 12:11:52 PM EDT
[#1]
If Iremmeber, I'll get measurements at home.  
I too have long arms, 13" wrist to elbow, and made a spacer, so teh foam and straps are no longer "wrist straps".

ETA:  Receiver to end of foam is 8 inches.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 3:23:26 PM EDT
[#2]
How long is it if you measure from the back of the pistols receiver to the end of the Un modded brace?
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 5:12:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Almost 8"
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 5:24:29 AM EDT
[#4]
The "buffer tube" is 7.75 inches long, including the threads. The threaded portion is 0.75 inches long. If you were to punch out the roll pin holding the tube in the mount and unscrew it to where it's barely held in, you might be able to gain a whole 0.5 inch of length, which is unlikely to make any difference.
The mount threads are standard AR buffer thread; a KAK tube should therefore thread in easily.
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 6:04:45 AM EDT
[#5]
IMO, its better/easier to shoot than an AR version.

My ak pistol is the current favorite range toy after adding the "brace". It added some much needed support and function. i dont have a pic measured, but can snag one tonight. You can approximate from these:

Its added about 10.5"-11.5" of "brace" to the back of it.

Link Posted: 4/29/2014 6:09:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Specifications:

Length – 10.5 inches
Width – 1.5 in at narrowest part,2.5 inches at arm loop when closed
Height – 5.5 inches
Weight – 21.75 oz
MSRP – $139.95
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 6:35:49 AM EDT
[#7]
If this thing will take a normal AR stock surely it is legal to drill/tap a buffer tube adapter and add a pistol buffer tube....

Link Posted: 4/29/2014 7:35:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If this thing will take a normal AR stock surely it is legal to drill/tap a buffer tube adapter and add a pistol buffer tube....

View Quote

I would get that in writing from the BAFTE folks.
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 8:43:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

There are already two companies that make adapters to use pistol buffers on these guns.

There are also a lot of other handguns showing up with the sig brace. I found a vector uzi pistol on gunbroker & Masterpiece arms is selling a adapter on their site to attach the sig brace to their mac-10 clones.
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 11:13:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've been thinking about writing a letter and finding out.
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 11:50:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

USmachinegun has been selling this set up long before the braces were available http://www.usmachinegun.com/proddetail.php?prod=YGO-PSTL I have this set up with a side folding bracket and a arm brace on mine.

Im going to switch it with one of these though because its a lot lower profile and way less blocky than the one I have now. http://www.usak47.com/
Link Posted: 5/7/2014 3:59:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

This!!!

I'm doing this!
Link Posted: 5/7/2014 4:01:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Could you post pics of this setup...

Quoted:

USmachinegun has been selling this set up long before the braces were available http://www.usmachinegun.com/proddetail.php?prod=YGO-PSTL I have this set up with a side folding bracket and a arm brace on mine.

Im going to switch it with one of these though because its a lot lower profile and way less blocky than the one I have now. http://www.usak47.com/
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top