Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 7:09:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

1.  Any color you want as long as it is black, for now at least.  60 days out give or take.

2.  PA micro and Aimpoint micro will work with the same base, we have a PA micro right here in house to confirm that.  Yes, it will co-witness

3.  Will be offered "ala carte"  (you can buy just the polymer forend or just the optics mount) and also as a full package with rail segments.  We will also have individual rail segments for sale shortly.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any idea on when this will be available?  Will rail sections be included?  Color options?

I personally would not put a delta point, or other high end optic on a $400 PAP, but some people have more money than they know what to do with. I would go with the PA red dot they offer.  Hopefully a top cover would fit that and possibly even co-witness.

1.  Any color you want as long as it is black, for now at least.  60 days out give or take.

2.  PA micro and Aimpoint micro will work with the same base, we have a PA micro right here in house to confirm that.  Yes, it will co-witness

3.  Will be offered "ala carte"  (you can buy just the polymer forend or just the optics mount) and also as a full package with rail segments.  We will also have individual rail segments for sale shortly.

Very, very nicely done Sven.  
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 7:15:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 8:33:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Awesome looking handguard can't wait to say "take my money".
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 9:21:31 PM EDT
[#4]
So the optics mount will be shielded, and will be a replacement gas tube?

Can you post a pic of the mount in place on the standard lower wood handguard when you're ready to show pics?

Mick

Quoted:
The top is closed off by the optics mount (which isn't shown in the pictures- finishing up the patent for it).  Yes, the optics mount will allow for co-wtiness of several popular red dot sights.

Unlike most other optics mount systems for the AK that leave you with an exposed, hot gas tube and optics mounting system, the idea here is to wrap the underside and sides in polymer so your hands won't contact any metal from the barrel or gas tube- no burned fingers of hands!

You could, of course, just run the lower polymer forearm without any optics mount (just running iron sights) to give maximum ventilation.

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/14/2014 1:03:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any idea on when this will be available?  Will rail sections be included?  Color options?

I personally would not put a delta point, or other high end optic on a $400 PAP, but some people have more money than they know what to do with. I would go with the PA red dot they offer.  Hopefully a top cover would fit that and possibly even co-witness.

Yup!

ETA - I also very much like that it covers the "Gap of Doom" as the MI rep referred to it in one thread.
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 10:05:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Looking forward to completed project. Any projected cost for the setup yet?
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 10:11:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Again, advice from the peanut gallery;
But could you add a bit of a forward handstop? Or a way to attach one?

I'm going to put a sling on mine and use the "pull forward" method common with the HK MP5K.

ETA: Never mind, I didn't read the part about compatibility with the rail segments.
Link Posted: 2/16/2014 10:54:52 AM EDT
[#8]
In for the combo deal.

Hand guard, mount, muzzle device, pin, folding mechanism...you get the idea.
Link Posted: 2/16/2014 11:16:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/16/2014 11:16:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/17/2014 2:31:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Want
Link Posted: 2/17/2014 2:39:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/17/2014 2:48:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Sweeeet. I was going to get a set of MIs, but I like these a lot better.
Link Posted: 2/17/2014 3:13:08 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Final prototyping of the lower forend is being done right now.  As long as everything looks good (should know in a day or two), on to mold construction we go!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Final prototyping of the lower forend is being done right now.  As long as everything looks good (should know in a day or two), on to mold construction we go!

Seriously, though...

I got my stock & hinge in last weekend and the stock is awesome.  Keep up the good work, guys!

Link Posted: 2/20/2014 3:48:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/20/2014 4:06:44 PM EDT
[#16]
This is my first thread that resulted in something new being created to meet my request.  The hand guard looks incredible, in fact it looks like a perfect blend of the feel an original hand guard with the provision for user added rails.  I hope that I will be able to get two when they become available (before my usual luck sets in and  they quickly sell out).  Thanks Manticore for responding to small request in a big way.
Link Posted: 2/20/2014 4:17:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Waiting to see...
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 8:46:17 PM EDT
[#18]
I like it, can't wait to see the whole package together.
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 7:48:45 AM EDT
[#19]
My PAP will be a Manticore advertisement once I get my stamp back: brake/detent, stock/hinge and handguard/(possibly optics mount as well) once they ship.
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 1:29:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/6/2014 9:50:39 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

LOL, that is awesome.  Once you have it set up send us a picture.

FYI, I spent several more hours working on the optics mount yesterday, we ended up looking at several different ways to mount the optic including mounted to handguard, mounted to barrel, mounted to gas tube, making a new gas tube, and several sub variations of each.  This has taken a little longer than I had hoped, but to be honest, it is a hell of a tricky design problem- some people want ease of gas tube removal, some want it rock solid mounted to barrel, and some just want a top cover for the polymer forearm.  In addition, it has to work seamlessly with our polymer forend, so certain designs require tweaks of the polymer forend itself.  It is pretty much the ultimate Rubik's cube problem bolted to the front end of a rifle when you get right down to it, and you have to try a lot of combinations to get it to work!

That being said, I would rather take a little longer to get the best design we can than rush things.  In any case, as of this morning I have it solved to my liking, and we will be prototyping out the final design this week, and if all goes well we will have pictures shortly of the prototype.  

Sven
Manticore Arms
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My PAP will be a Manticore advertisement once I get my stamp back: brake/detent, stock/hinge and handguard/(possibly optics mount as well) once they ship.

LOL, that is awesome.  Once you have it set up send us a picture.

FYI, I spent several more hours working on the optics mount yesterday, we ended up looking at several different ways to mount the optic including mounted to handguard, mounted to barrel, mounted to gas tube, making a new gas tube, and several sub variations of each.  This has taken a little longer than I had hoped, but to be honest, it is a hell of a tricky design problem- some people want ease of gas tube removal, some want it rock solid mounted to barrel, and some just want a top cover for the polymer forearm.  In addition, it has to work seamlessly with our polymer forend, so certain designs require tweaks of the polymer forend itself.  It is pretty much the ultimate Rubik's cube problem bolted to the front end of a rifle when you get right down to it, and you have to try a lot of combinations to get it to work!

That being said, I would rather take a little longer to get the best design we can than rush things.  In any case, as of this morning I have it solved to my liking, and we will be prototyping out the final design this week, and if all goes well we will have pictures shortly of the prototype.  

Sven
Manticore Arms

This is the kind of industry involvement that makes arfcom great. Off to your website to see what I can find.
Link Posted: 3/6/2014 1:29:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 2:37:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Sweet!

Thanks flyer for starting this thread, and thanks Sven for knocking this out so quickly!

Link Posted: 3/7/2014 4:50:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Sweet!

Just about to pick up my yugo m92 and am really looking at this , as long as the price point is okay. Im in!!
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 3:22:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Finished up the CAD modelling and working on the physical prototype of the finalized optics mount design right now.  Should be ready to show by Monday if all goes well.  It did require a slight redesign of the polymer forearm, so that will push back mold construction a bit while we confirm everything fits and works 100%, but obviously the end result will be worthwhile.

The first model is for a Burris Fastifre, and it will be a lower 1/3 (closer to lower 1/4) cowitness design, which leaves the field of view pretty open but still allows you to fall back on the irons if the Fastfire craps out.  

It was tough to get the optic low enough to make the irons useable, but I think through a lot of design iterations, a lot of math, and a little luck we were finally able to pull it off.

OK, more details when it is ready to show- pictures worth a thousand words and all that!

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote

Awesome. I assume it should offer a nice co-witness with an aimpoint micro (or clone) then.
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 6:29:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 10:47:22 AM EDT
[#27]
Its difficult to FAP to this without pictures....

Just saying.....
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 1:13:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 1:37:38 PM EDT
[#29]
yeah, but clicking back a page interrupts my rhythm and throws me off....
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 2:15:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 2:38:14 PM EDT
[#31]
LOL...

Well played Sven....
Well played...

Link Posted: 3/9/2014 4:56:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 9:40:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 10:11:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Just put a quick coat of finish on the prototypes so they look a bit more presentable, should have pictures up tomorrow!
View Quote

You better have pictures tomorrow....
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 11:33:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 2:54:22 AM EDT
[#36]
Very nice I'm in for sure.
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 7:40:56 AM EDT
[#37]
I need that for an aimpoint micro NOW! Hurry and take my money. I need a nightshroud and dent also.
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 2:48:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Very Nice !!
How long did it take to print?
When will they be shipping?
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 3:15:14 PM EDT
[#39]
I ordered a FF III and Inforce WML HSP today, put me in line for the combo.
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 3:19:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 3:24:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 3:51:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Wellp, there goes all my money again.
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 4:31:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Do you have any pics with other optics like a Primary Arms MD06 or a SPARC?  Also if we choose not to mount an optic will there be a top guard we can use to keep the original gas tube?  This looks awesome I'm assuming you can mount 1913 rails on the sides and bottom with the slots that are on it?

Thanks Sven.
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 4:41:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Will it include an entire new gas tube? Or does it just have some sort of bracket?
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 4:59:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 5:02:09 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 6:06:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 9:12:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Here you go Maxxll, don't want to interrupt your internet cruising rhythm.

<a href="http://s131.photobucket.com/user/Dawg180/media/MA8100rightside.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p296/Dawg180/MA8100rightside.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s131.photobucket.com/user/Dawg180/media/MA8100rightangled.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p296/Dawg180/MA8100rightangled.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s131.photobucket.com/user/Dawg180/media/MA8100leftangled.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p296/Dawg180/MA8100leftangled.jpg</a>
View Quote

are you going to make those for a draco?
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 1:33:55 AM EDT
[#49]
Welp, there goes another paycheck...
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 10:44:24 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 9
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top