Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 4:02:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That was my concern... anyone else make similar adapters that would work?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looking at the pictures most of them look like they would be in the way of the stock. They had at least one that came off the left side but I'm not sure it was listed for these guns.

That was my concern... anyone else make similar adapters that would work?

Hell if I know. Other than a couple saigas these pistols are my first AK's. I bet if you contacted them they would know. Looked like decent quality stuff so I would imagine they have been around the block.
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 9:42:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Sven can I get some pics of the renegade from top down view with no top cover? and maybe one at a 45 degree angle top down view? trying to decide on whether I'll need a top cover
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 12:37:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 12:39:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 12:03:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 1:28:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Thank you....I would be in the category of end user that just wants an inexpensive poly top cover to seal the top.

View Quote

This, for me as well. I want the Renegade for its aesthetics and ergonomics, mainly. I plan to use an RFT mount for the RDS I'll eventually put on the gun. The idea that this pistol could be any more fun to shoot...
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 1:49:50 PM EDT
[#7]
so does the red dot mounted on top of the handguards co-witness?
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 3:19:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 3:20:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 6:20:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

We are working on a top cover that will simply be for closure, just a matter of time and another mold ;)

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thank you....I would be in the category of end user that just wants an inexpensive poly top cover to seal the top.

This, for me as well. I want the Renegade for its aesthetics and ergonomics, mainly. I plan to use an RFT mount for the RDS I'll eventually put on the gun. The idea that this pistol could be any more fun to shoot...

We are working on a top cover that will simply be for closure, just a matter of time and another mold ;)

Closure is always a good thing, helps with the healing process.
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 9:22:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 10:40:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 11:24:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
FYI, we have had a three or four people contact us saying the Renegade did not fit their gun.  After a quick consultation we figured out what the issue was....

Make sure when you remove the wood handguard you ALSO REMOVE THE METAL REINFORCEMENT ON THE BACK OF THE WOOD HANDGUARD FROM THE GUN  

If you don't, you are indeed going to have a hell of a time getting the Renegade forearm to fit!!!!

View Quote

I figured out the same thing after staring at your pictures of the installed handguard for a few minutes.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 12:31:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 8:24:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Anyone have a weight on the Manticore Arms Renegade forend as compared to the stock forend?
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 12:05:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 5:18:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

It looks to me like the light mount is slotted into one of they keymod slots in the Renegade handguard... which would make it incompatible with the original wood lower handguard, right?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Please show us pics of the mount with the wood lower fore end in place...

Mick

It looks to me like the light mount is slotted into one of they keymod slots in the Renegade handguard... which would make it incompatible with the original wood lower handguard, right?

If you're using the FF version, couldn't you use the ARCLight mounts holes left unused up top to mount the light mount to?
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 1:12:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 2:57:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Can we get a new update on ETA of top mount?
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 5:46:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Can we get a new update on ETA of top mount?
View Quote

Before the end of the month is the best I can give. It is currently in the anodizing shop and they have been very busy lately.

Link Posted: 7/20/2014 8:05:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Do you have a price in mind for the simple top cover for us guys that don't plan to mount a red dot? The lower handguard looks great, but really looks un-finished with no cover.

I am going to buy yours or brand X, and I am trying to keep overall cost down.

Thanks, and I understand if it is too early to give a rough number.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 5:06:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 7:07:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 3:24:00 AM EDT
[#24]
yay!!
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 1:42:59 PM EDT
[#25]
I modified a cheap ak handguard from ebay by removing about 2mm of aluminum off the rear of the lower with a disc sander and re-beveled the edges with a file. I used some Birchwood-Casey aluminum black to touch up the raw aluminum after I was done. all in all it cost about $40 and looks great, mounts solid as a rock, just like the midwest industries mount. http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp238/jeffbeaux/m922.jpghttp://i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp238/jeffbeaux/m921.jpg
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 2:25:16 PM EDT
[#26]
If it wasn't for that large gap on the top cover piece, it would be great.

Looks nice though.

Link Posted: 8/8/2014 9:13:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Manticore_Arms on 07-23-2014:
We have the design of the polymer top cover done, prices look good, prototypes in hand, and we will look at putting it into production.  Pics and pricing shortly.

Sven
View Quote

Ahem......Day 15.....

Link Posted: 8/8/2014 9:18:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Sven, any ETA on the top rails? My Burris FF 3 is pretty lonely here.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 9:34:02 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 9:35:10 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 2:55:23 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm just giving you a hard time Sven.....I know you guys are working overtime and have lives and families outside of work just like the rest of us.

Besides, from the start of this thread to the time you got the Renegade fore arms out has been moving at light speed in terms of design, manufacturing, and production of anything firearms related...

Link Posted: 8/9/2014 3:42:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 5:32:32 PM EDT
[#33]
LOL...

Some fights aren't worth even trying to fight. If the wife wants a honeymoon, best bet is to just roll with it.

You might be able to delay it somewhat by telling her that you'll be able to spend more time together next year when you have more time available, and will be able to take a longer honeymoon if she can wait a little.

Or she can have a short but fun honey moon this year....

Of course, you HAVE to deliver a fantastic honeymoon next year if she goes for it....just understand that, and start planning now.

As much as I want the newest and greatest Manticore Arms products, your family comes first.

Link Posted: 8/11/2014 4:09:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 4:40:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Might just be a silly question, but can you run the mount without the handguard?

And do you have a pic with the hand guard off but mount on?
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 6:27:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 5:22:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Just got mine in the mail today. I only have a few minutes before heading off to work secondary, so no range trips yet....

Installation of the Burris Fast Fire 3 mount was easy and quick. Locks up SOLID.

Gun is resting on a 5lb dumbbell in the 2nd picture....the edges of it are protruding slightly under the handguards....

I took these photo's with my Ipotato so not able to get a usable image of Sight Co Witness.....there is absolute co witness in the FF3 with this mount.

Great work Sven! Hope you've got a lot ready to sell, cause you'll sell out quick with these!
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 9:31:58 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 11:01:49 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Don't worry, we have a sh*t ton of them ready for sale as soon as we get feedback from all the beta testers!
View Quote

So which red dogs will the first models cover?
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 1:27:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 11:50:38 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Don't worry, we have a sh*t ton of them ready for sale as soon as we get feedback from all the beta testers!
View Quote

Tell them to hurry it up. You already have Maxxll's endorsement, so that's good enough for me. I'm impatiently waiting here with my credit card in hand.

Link Posted: 8/17/2014 12:19:43 AM EDT
[#42]
''MANTICORE ARMS WILL BE CLOSED FROM SATURDAY AUGUST 16TH UNTIL FRIDAY AUGUST 29TH WHILE MOST OF OUR STAFF IS OUT OF THE OFFICE.  THE WEBSTORE WILL STILL BE OPEN TO TAKE ORDERS, AND ALL ORDERS WILL SHIP ON OR AFTER AUGUST 29TH.

IN THE MEANTIME, ENJOY FREE USPS PRIORITY SHIPPING FROM NOW UNTIL THE END OF AUGUST ON EVERYTHING IN STOCK ON THE WEBSITE!''

Sven is on vacation so I'm sure they won't be ready on the site for order until the 29th or 30th. A month later than expected. It is what it is, stuff happens.

I can agree with you though I'm sick of looking at this money set aside for the top cover and cant wait to banish it from my wallet.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 9:48:12 AM EDT
[#43]
Not just vacation, i am on my honeymoon in canada right now! :D The rest of the staff is either dealing with shop cleanup and invemtory or is out of the office too.

My wife has been very patient about waiting a couple of months on a honeymoon, and I dont want to disappoint her. This is also the first time I have taken off since I startrd the company over four years ago!

No worries though, the top covers will be up on the website as soon as I am back in the shop, and I appreciaye everyone being so patient :)

Sven
Manticore Arms
(From my personal account in Niagara Falls!)

Link Posted: 8/17/2014 12:07:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Sven,

Quit surfing the board....Enjoy your honeymoon.
Happy wife means you get more time in the shop making us fun toys...

So go have fun with you wife... It really is in our best interest.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 9:40:36 PM EDT
[#45]

Mine's in :D
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 8:53:38 PM EDT
[#46]
I need one of these.  Adding an Aimpoint will change this thing entirely and bring a whole new meaning for home defense pistol
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 3:59:25 AM EDT
[#47]
"IN THE MEANTIME, ENJOY FREE USPS PRIORITY SHIPPING FROM NOW UNTIL THE END OF AUGUST ON EVERYTHING IN STOCK ON THE WEBSITE!"

Could you do us a huge favor Sven?

Since it is impossible for us to add the top cover to cart and place an order to take advantage of your free shipping. Would you be so kind as to either add a promo code for free shipping with the top cover or extend site wide free shipping an extra week?
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 7:08:01 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
"IN THE MEANTIME, ENJOY FREE USPS PRIORITY SHIPPING FROM NOW UNTIL THE END OF AUGUST ON EVERYTHING IN STOCK ON THE WEBSITE!"

Could you do us a huge favor Sven?

Since it is impossible for us to add the top cover to cart and place an order to take advantage of your free shipping. Would you be so kind as to either add a promo code for free shipping with the top cover or extend site wide free shipping an extra week?
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 6:13:39 PM EDT
[#49]
It would be Great if there were a Top Cover that had a provision to mount a picatinny rail. I have my Aimpoint Micro on a QD American Defense mount that I use on my FAL but would love to just be able to attach to the top cover of my Manticore handguard. I do realize this would prevent any co-witness but I am not really interested in that if the mount is quick detach.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 9:39:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 9
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top