Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/5/2013 11:00:27 AM EDT
OK I wanted one of the Sig 556 Pistols with "stabilizing brace" but then I see this !!

Zastava PAP M92 PV Pistol w/ Krinkov Style Muzzle Brake & SB-47 Stabilizing Arm Brace

This M92 PV Pistol comes equipped with the sleek Krinkov style muzzle extension and the SB-47 Stabilizing Brace. The SB-47 brace is an awesome invention that secures AK style pistols to the forearm of the shooter and assists in firing the pistol the way it is intended with one hand!   This AK style pistol is a brand new firearm made by the famous Zastava factory in Serbia. Comes stock with a dimpled receiver, hinged top cover, chrome bolt, krink-style rear sight, dual aperture front sight, and a bolt hold-open notch on the selector.- Comes with two 30 rd. mags and type may vary .

Action: Semi-Auto
Caliber: 7.62x39mm
Capacity: 30 rds.
Barrel: 10"
Overall: 21.75"
Weight: 6.9 lbs.

Video Below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zutdKXT9giI

Any Help with getting the Video to Embed ?? I tried like six different codes as well as the one offered here on the site with no luck.

Link Posted: 10/5/2013 11:19:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/5/2013 3:42:02 PM EDT
[#2]
if the atf is allowing this, why don't they just go ahead and abolish the SBR law already?
Link Posted: 10/8/2013 9:18:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/10/2013 1:16:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Who has them in stock?
Link Posted: 10/10/2013 3:42:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/11/2013 9:40:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I already have a M92 PAP pistol, just want the brace.
Link Posted: 10/12/2013 8:48:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I already have a M92 PAP pistol, just want the brace.
View Quote

Free Shipping at CFS
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 3:26:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Must have!!..
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 3:46:21 AM EDT
[#9]
OOS at Centerfire. Any other leads?
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 9:45:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
if the atf is allowing this, why don't they just go ahead and abolish the SBR law already?
View Quote

$200 donations to uncle sugar.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 11:14:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Can you take a few close ups of the brace where in mates up with the back plate of the pistol.  Thanks
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 1:04:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
OOS at Centerfire. Any other leads?
View Quote

Both Atlantic and Centerfire are out of them with no backorders, but you can still get them directly from Century I believe:
SB-47
A bit pricier at $140 though.
Link Posted: 11/1/2013 6:50:26 PM EDT
[#14]
DUDE this DUDE looks TOTALY SERBIAN FREEDOM FIGHTER.

Link Posted: 11/1/2013 7:05:53 PM EDT
[#15]
I definitely need to get a brace.  
Link Posted: 11/1/2013 7:09:07 PM EDT
[#16]
YEP I'll bet the Serbs totally scrap the actual M92 fur dis rit hisyour  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zutdKXT9giI
View Quote
. However I am glad the ATF is ready to admit that making law abiding citizens pay $200 US Dinars fur SBR status was wrong. And with the approval of the "SLIDE FIRE " stock. They are obviously admitting that it was wrong to make everyone from 1968 to present to pay $200 US Dinars to own a F/A. Not to mention they are OBVIOUSLY apologizing for ending the production of F/A in 1986. Hay at least they are willing to start working on undoing the wrongs and try to go in the right direction. Trust the Law abiding America.  

Quoted:
DUDE this DUDE looks TOTALY SERBIAN FREEDOM FIGHTER.

Link Posted: 12/18/2013 10:49:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Does the SB-47 brace adjust for length at all? It seems awfully short.
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 12:17:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Does the SB-47 brace adjust for length at all? It seems awfully short.
View Quote

No, it has no provision for adjustment. It is quite short, about the length of an M-4 stock fully collapsed.
Essentially, it's just a rubber "stock" that slides over a plain tube and is held on only by friction. It will rotate and can be slid back with some effort, but has no way to secure it in any particular position. I suspect if it did, it would be immediately classified as a shoulder stock.

It would be nice to have a quick-detach mount; one doesn't always want the arm brace on their pistol, especially if it's going to be carried in a typical briefcase. I'm sure some enterprising, talented folks with proper tools and skill could figure out a QD bracket.
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 1:52:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Would it be legal to install a folding mechanism between the brace and receiver ?
Link Posted: 12/19/2013 8:59:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Does anyone know how to attach a sling to this pistol
Link Posted: 12/20/2013 4:48:14 AM EDT
[#21]
The tube of the brace is the exact diameter of an AR tube it just does not have the locking holes on bottom for a collapsable stock. You could add a folder and a pistol AR tube and it would fold. I don't see how the folding would matter as it is already a Pistol. I secured a sling mount to my brace at the end where it also serves to keep the brace from rotating.  If you plan to use this for serious work, you will have to get a longer grip screw and also beef up the mount. As it comes the pistol grip is the only thing holding it on and can be snatched right off the back of the Pistol.
Mine is now solid enough to use as a hammer. I added a StormWerkz rail and a mini red dot. I am getting 3.5 in groups at 100 and can hit man size silhouettes at 250 yds easily. I keep the BATFE letter and pictures of the ad with me at all times. This was a suggestion from 2 of my LEO friends. They said it would save me a couple of hours sitting in jail while they confirmed my story.
it really is a paperless SBR.
Link Posted: 12/20/2013 8:09:00 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

echo93 and RFT make a plate that bolts between the pistol grip and the receiver with a loop out of the back for sling attachment.  Temporarily, I ties a loop of 550 cord and made it stick out the back.  Works just fine as long as you make sure it won't come untied, the sling should break before the 550 cord.
Link Posted: 12/20/2013 9:55:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The tube of the brace is the exact diameter of an AR tube it just does not have the locking holes on bottom for a collapsable stock. You could add a folder and a pistol AR tube and it would fold. I don't see how the folding would matter as it is already a Pistol. I secured a sling mount to my brace at the end where it also serves to keep the brace from rotating.  If you plan to use this for serious work, you will have to get a longer grip screw and also beef up the mount. As it comes the pistol grip is the only thing holding it on and can be snatched right off the back of the Pistol.
Mine is now solid enough to use as a hammer. I added a StormWerkz rail and a mini red dot. I am getting 3.5 in groups at 100 and can hit man size silhouettes at 250 yds easily. I keep the BATFE letter and pictures of the ad with me at all times. This was a suggestion from 2 of my LEO friends. They said it would save me a couple of hours sitting in jail while they confirmed my story.
it really is a paperless SBR.
View Quote

My thought on the folder was to make it more compact for storage/transport as well as adding the 3/4" additional length of the folding mechanism.

Link Posted: 12/20/2013 4:23:51 PM EDT
[#24]
I totally understand about making it a folder. I just meant it should be no problem legally.
Link Posted: 12/20/2013 7:00:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Im aware of the sling plates that go between the grip but I dont know if those will work considering that the stock plate goes there as well.

Quoted:

echo93 and RFT make a plate that bolts between the pistol grip and the receiver with a loop out of the back for sling attachment.  Temporarily, I ties a loop of 550 cord and made it stick out the back.  Works just fine as long as you make sure it won't come untied, the sling should break before the 550 cord.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/21/2013 4:52:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted: get a longer grip screw and also beef up the mount. .
View Quote

Could you extrapolate on this please.  I've already swapped in a Hogue, so teh lack of screw threading into teh rec is taken care of.
I was planning on welding in an AL disc into teh tube, and then tapping it so I can run a bolt through teh rec into teh brace.
Link Posted: 1/11/2014 10:14:21 AM EDT
[#27]
all I will say is:

huh. huh huh huh. hahahahahahahah!

oh yeah.

It actually makes the AK pistol relevant without SBRing. Get 'em before the ATF does.
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top