Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/28/2013 6:06:05 PM EDT
I had my dealer go ahead and order me a Yugo M92 PAP. I could have it sooner but next weekend is NRA tax free weekend and everything in his store is totally tax free. I know I could get it a little cheaper online, but my dealer is a good family friend and I wana support his business.

This will be my first AK style gun and I am pretty excited about it. I have built 3 ARs and thought it was time for a change. And I will be SBRing this thing in the near future.

I guess I can post pics when I get it, even though it will look like every other one.

Just figured I'd share the good news.

Edit: Just like any other M92, did come with 2 mags tho

But I did notice they moved the serial number from the lower right corner. So all y'all that want to pick one up and put an underfolder are gtg. This may be old news, but its new to me.

One question though, if I were to make this a rifle before my paperwork comes back, what would my best route be when it comes to "perm" attached flash hider/brake? I would like to cleanly be able to remove it once I get my Form 1 back, also dont wana mess up the threads too badly.

Link Posted: 8/29/2013 3:03:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Congratulations on your new obsession I mean AK. Welcome to the dark side. Let the communist aggression flow through you.
Enjoy!  
Link Posted: 8/29/2013 4:36:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Congrats, You will love that compact little beast. They are sexy as hell.
Link Posted: 8/29/2013 7:49:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Now you are feeling the love for that little friend  
Link Posted: 8/30/2013 2:28:51 PM EDT
[#4]
During my wait, I decided to pick up a couple mags at PSA they have on sale. Don't really know all that much about AK mags, so I have no clue if these are worth a shit, but I figured I would grab a couple to start building up a collection.

Here's the link
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 5:14:39 PM EDT
[#5]
As long as those magazines are true surplus and not Koreans they'll be fine.  Bear in mind PSA is usually a slow shipper, so don't freak out if it takes a couple weeks to get yer mags.
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 6:22:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Oh trust me I am very familiar with their shipping speed. Is there anyway for me to tell if they are Korean mags once I get them?
Link Posted: 9/2/2013 10:35:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Oh trust me I am very familiar with their shipping speed. Is there anyway for me to tell if they are Korean mags once I get them?
View Quote

If Korean the mag will be battleship gray and the steel will be thinner with sloppy welds.  If you get used- looking magazines you got the real deal 'cause  the koreans are new.  Wouldn't worry 'bout it, I probably shouldna mentioned it, don't think PSA will pull magazine shenanigans like some companies recently have ........
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 6:46:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Today is the day I get to own my first AK platform gun. I will be picking it up around noon, so hopefully I can get some pics up this evening.

Hard to get anything done at work today

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top