Site Notices
11/27/2014 5:24:27 PM
11/27/2014 12:14:39 AM
  Previous Page
Page:  / 2
Author
Posted: 8/5/2012 4:41:38 PM EST
So, I have heard several people say these look nicer than a Draco. I would love if someone could explain to me why? Keep in mind I don't know a lot about AK's. I have only shot an AK once and never an AK pistol. However, I love the idea of an AK pistol and my buddies keep telling me I need one :) Thanks in advance.
plouffedaddy
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/5/2012 5:13:52 PM EST
Originally Posted By cyberjad:
So, I have heard several people say these look nicer than a Draco. I would love if someone could explain to me why? Keep in mind I don't know a lot about AK's. I have only shot an AK once and never an AK pistol. However, I love the idea of an AK pistol and my buddies keep telling me I need one :) Thanks in advance.

No one really knows because the M92s aren't in country yet. I ordered 2 and only time will tell...
Dferg10
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/6/2012 5:08:57 AM EST
For one, they look better because they are coming in and will be available. Do not forget that when the Draco was introduced it was less than $400.
plouffedaddy
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/6/2012 6:04:48 AM EST
Originally Posted By Dferg10:
For one, they look better because they are coming in and will be available. Do not forget that when the Draco was introduced it was less than $400.

Indeed––got mine for $299... Those were the days!
cyberjad
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/6/2012 6:25:37 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/6/2012 6:49:06 AM EST by haLfLiFe]
Well to explain further, I know a place that I can get a new Draco for about $150 less than the M92. Trying to decide in my head if I am really getting anything for the $150?

I can tell you that my friends that are Draco owners, who love the gun, have expressed that they are decent quality at best. Has me wondering if the Yugo m92 might be built better than the Romanian Draco?
haLfLiFe
O R Y G U N
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/6/2012 6:49:14 AM EST
Well to explain further, I know a place that I can get a new Draco for about $150 less than the M92. Trying to decide in my head if I am really getting anything for the $150?

I can tell you that my friends that are Draco owners, who love the gun, have expressed that they are decent quality at best. Has me wondering if the Yugo m92 might be built better than the Romanian Draco?

Decent quality at best is not much of a description. They are quality builds with chrome lined barrels. Not sure how much more you can ask for when it comes to a Romy AK. Outside of cosmetics the M92 doesn't offer any advantages and is not known to have a chrome lined barrel at this time. If I could save myself $150 such as in your situation I would buy the Draco.
"A man does what he must — in spite of personal consequences, in spite of obstacles and dangers, and pressures — and that is the basis of all human morality".

John F. Kennedy
plouffedaddy
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/6/2012 7:32:48 AM EST
I would too. The only thing that isn't top notch about my Draco was the finish. Well, I refinished it in flat black Alumahyde II and fixed that. Good to go now.

0uTkAsT
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/6/2012 9:41:33 AM EST
I love Krinks, and I still built a Draco SBR. If you can find a Draco for a good price still, and don't have a serious preference either way, the Draco will suit you fine and save you money.
cyberjad
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/6/2012 2:45:29 PM EST
Thats a nice looking Draco. Pictures like that make the choice harder :)

I have one buddy that already blew apart his Draco, which is what scares me :(

I found this thread about the Zastava guns, which makes me hope maybe they are better quality? Thicker metal would be nice, even if they dont have the chrome barrel.

http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/ak-47-talk/118828-zastava-aks.html
cyberjad
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/6/2012 2:46:43 PM EST
Oh and yea I am deff considering going SBR. Not sure how hard that will be to do with the M92, but at least we know its easy with the Draco.
haLfLiFe
O R Y G U N
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/6/2012 4:08:31 PM EST

I have one buddy that already blew apart his Draco, which is what scares me :(

Everyone knows someone who blew up one platform or another. You would be the first to come on here since the Draco's inception to report something of this nature. I think before we conclude there was an issue with the firearm in question we would need to know a lot more about your friend, the ammo involved etc etc etc.
"A man does what he must — in spite of personal consequences, in spite of obstacles and dangers, and pressures — and that is the basis of all human morality".

John F. Kennedy
cyberjad
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/6/2012 5:15:07 PM EST
Absolutely and don't get me wrong he still loves the gun. He shoots A LOT and I would not be surprised if its due to excessive use if anything. He does tend to stress test his toys and put lots of ammo through them :)
haLfLiFe
O R Y G U N
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/7/2012 2:18:31 AM EST
He shoots A LOT and I would not be surprised if its due to excessive use if anything. He does tend to stress test his toys and put lots of ammo through them :)

I would highly doubt the pistol blew up due to excessive use. Again, there is a lot to the story we don't know and it sounds like you are not really sure yourself on how it blew up.

John F. Kennedy
Dferg10
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/7/2012 6:32:30 AM EST
Absolutely and don't get me wrong he still loves the gun. He shoots A LOT and I would not be surprised if its due to excessive use if anything. He does tend to stress test his toys and put lots of ammo through them :)

I am calling BS on this. Let's be clear, your buddy did not blow up a Draco by running lots of rounds through it.
gunnut284
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/7/2012 8:37:08 AM EST
I would buy the Draco now if you have a good deal on one. The PAPs aren't here yet so the "bird in hand" rule applies. If they arrive and you decided you like them better you can always get rid of the Draco and pick one up.
-"The truth does not require your belief in it to function."
-Genuine science is about gathering evidence and testing the veracity of theories, not cheerleading for a particular ideology.
yekimak
Dirt doesn't need luck.
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/12/2012 9:00:21 AM EST
The PAP's are shipping now. Distributers have them. Looks like price will be in the $600 range.
"I'm thinking of getting it bronzed " - Soylent
haLfLiFe
O R Y G U N
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/12/2012 1:38:17 PM EST
Originally Posted By yekimak:
The PAP's are shipping now. Distributers have them. Looks like price will be in the $600 range.

Who are you aware of that has the M92 in stock

Every dealer on our list has sold out.

John F. Kennedy
CGP2
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/12/2012 7:01:35 PM EST

Yep, and I have 2 of them
JmanS2k
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/12/2012 9:40:57 PM EST
Does anyone what parts are necessary to install a detent for the muzzle device and where I can get them?

plouffedaddy
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/13/2012 4:55:03 AM EST
gunbroker has a few guys selling the parts for around $20.
MrBigBoss7
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/13/2012 7:49:10 PM EST
Originally Posted By haLfLiFe:

I bought mine from federal way discount guns here in Washington. When I got mine yesterday there were 4 left in their stock. Look up their name online for the number they still might have them.
haLfLiFe
O R Y G U N
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/14/2012 5:29:03 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/14/2012 5:29:47 AM EST by haLfLiFe]
Originally Posted By MrBigBoss7:

I bought mine from federal way discount guns here in Washington. When I got mine yesterday there were 4 left in their stock. Look up their name online for the number they still might have them.

Very nice of you to share this info. I am sure someone will jump on em after they read this.

Can you tell me what you paid

John F. Kennedy
MrBigBoss7
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/14/2012 7:22:49 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/14/2012 3:28:00 PM EST by MrBigBoss7]
Originally Posted By MrBigBoss7:

Very nice of you to share this info. I am sure someone will jump on em after they read this.
Can you tell me what you paid
I paid $580 before tax, and no shipping since I picked it up from the store

gunnut284
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/15/2012 9:56:13 AM EST
If in Orlando FL is interested Orlando Gun Vault (Winter Park) had one more on Thurs when I picked mine up (I think it was a little under $600). I also saw one at Shoot Straight in Casselberry today for $659.
-"The truth does not require your belief in it to function."
-Genuine science is about gathering evidence and testing the veracity of theories, not cheerleading for a particular ideology.
N4KVE
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/16/2012 6:23:36 AM EST
The PAP is a Krink, but the Draco has a chrome lined barrel. GARY
Okaraider
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/16/2012 9:04:54 AM EST
Originally Posted By N4KVE:
The PAP is a Krink, but the Draco has a chrome lined barrel. GARY

Also the Draco is not supposed to be a Krink but is more like a Romanian AIMR. To me they are different.

Previous Page
Page:  / 2