Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/5/2012 5:41:38 PM EDT
So, I have heard several people say these look nicer than a Draco. I would love if someone could explain to me why? Keep in mind I don't know a lot about AK's. I have only shot an AK once and never an AK pistol. However, I love the idea of an AK pistol and my buddies keep telling me I need one :) Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 8/5/2012 6:13:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So, I have heard several people say these look nicer than a Draco. I would love if someone could explain to me why? Keep in mind I don't know a lot about AK's. I have only shot an AK once and never an AK pistol. However, I love the idea of an AK pistol and my buddies keep telling me I need one :) Thanks in advance.

No one really knows because the M92s aren't in country yet.   I ordered 2 and only time will tell...
Link Posted: 8/6/2012 6:08:57 AM EDT
[#2]
For one, they look better because they are coming in and will be available. Do not forget that when the Draco was introduced it was less than $400.
Link Posted: 8/6/2012 7:04:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
For one, they look better because they are coming in and will be available. Do not forget that when the Draco was introduced it was less than $400.

Indeed––got mine for $299...   Those were the days!
Link Posted: 8/6/2012 7:25:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Well to explain further, I know a place that I can get a new Draco for about $150 less than the M92. Trying to decide in my head if I am really getting anything for the $150?

I can tell you that my friends that are Draco owners, who love the gun, have expressed that they are decent quality at best. Has me wondering if the Yugo m92 might be built better than the Romanian Draco?
Link Posted: 8/6/2012 7:49:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/6/2012 8:32:48 AM EDT
[#6]
I would too.       The only thing that isn't top notch about my Draco was the finish.  Well, I refinished it in flat black Alumahyde II and fixed that.  Good to go now.

Link Posted: 8/6/2012 10:41:33 AM EDT
[#7]
I love Krinks, and I still built a Draco SBR. If you can find a Draco for a good price still, and don't have a serious preference either way, the Draco will suit you fine and save you money.
Link Posted: 8/6/2012 3:45:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Thats a nice looking Draco. Pictures like that make the choice harder :)

I have one buddy that already blew apart his Draco, which is what scares me :(

I found this thread about the Zastava guns, which makes me hope maybe they are better quality? Thicker metal would be nice, even if they dont have the chrome barrel.

http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/ak-47-talk/118828-zastava-aks.html
Link Posted: 8/6/2012 3:46:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Oh and yea I am deff considering going SBR. Not sure how hard that will be to do with the M92, but at least we know its easy with the Draco.
Link Posted: 8/6/2012 5:08:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/6/2012 6:15:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Absolutely and don't get me wrong he still loves the gun. He shoots A LOT and I would not be surprised if its due to excessive use if anything. He does tend to stress test his toys and put lots of ammo through them :)
Link Posted: 8/7/2012 3:18:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/7/2012 7:32:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Absolutely and don't get me wrong he still loves the gun. He shoots A LOT and I would not be surprised if its due to excessive use if anything. He does tend to stress test his toys and put lots of ammo through them :)

I am calling BS on this. Let's be clear, your buddy did not blow up a Draco by running lots of rounds through it.
Link Posted: 8/7/2012 9:37:08 AM EDT
[#14]
I would buy the Draco now if you have a good deal on one. The PAPs aren't here yet so the "bird in hand" rule applies. If they arrive and you decided you like them better you can always get rid of the Draco and pick one up.
Link Posted: 9/12/2012 10:00:21 AM EDT
[#15]
The PAP's are shipping now.  Distributers have them.  Looks like price will be in the $600 range.
Link Posted: 9/12/2012 2:38:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/12/2012 8:01:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The PAP's are shipping now.  Distributers have them.  Looks like price will be in the $600 range.

Yep, and I have 2 of them
Link Posted: 9/12/2012 10:40:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Does anyone what parts are necessary to install a detent for the muzzle device and where I can get them?

Link Posted: 9/13/2012 5:55:03 AM EDT
[#19]
gunbroker has a few guys selling the parts for around $20.
Link Posted: 9/13/2012 8:49:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who are you aware of that has the M92 in stock

Every dealer on our list has sold out.

I bought mine from federal way discount guns here in Washington. When I got mine yesterday there were 4 left in their stock. Look up their name online for the number they still might have them.
Link Posted: 9/14/2012 6:29:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/14/2012 8:22:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who are you aware of that has the M92 in stock

Every dealer on our list has sold out.

I bought mine from federal way discount guns here in Washington. When I got mine yesterday there were 4 left in their stock. Look up their name online for the number they still might have them.

Very nice of you to share this info. I am sure someone will jump on em after they read this.
Can you tell me what you paid
I paid $580 before tax, and no shipping since I picked it up from the store

Link Posted: 9/15/2012 10:56:13 AM EDT
[#23]
If in Orlando FL is interested Orlando Gun Vault (Winter Park) had one more on Thurs when I picked mine up (I think it was a little under $600). I also saw one at Shoot Straight in Casselberry today for $659.
Link Posted: 9/16/2012 7:23:36 AM EDT
[#24]
The PAP is a Krink, but the Draco has a chrome lined barrel. GARY
Link Posted: 9/16/2012 10:04:54 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Also the Draco is not supposed to be a Krink but is more like a Romanian AIMR.   To me they are different.

Link Posted: 10/2/2012 11:06:53 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

The 556 Yugos are chrome.
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 6:20:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I would too.       The only thing that isn't top notch about my Draco was the finish.  Well, I refinished it in flat black Alumahyde II and fixed that.  Good to go now.

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l178/tiffani33/Guns/IMAG1291.jpg

What is the block that the grip is mounted to?  Is it a stock adapter?

Link Posted: 10/3/2012 5:04:14 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Thicker metal would be nice, even if they dont have the chrome barrel.

The Yugo M92 PAP will have the standard 1mm thick receiver.  The M85 PAP will have the thicker 1.5mm receiver and it will also have the bulged RPK type front trunnion.

Link Posted: 10/4/2012 5:29:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Oh and yea I am deff considering going SBR. Not sure how hard that will be to do with the M92, but at least we know its easy with the Draco.

This is my question too- I've SBR'd a Draco, drilled/tapped and attached an ace stock via stormwerkz folding mech. Very simple & straight forward.

If I wanted to do the same or similar with the PAP (and I do!) what does that entail? I've seen that they have an angled rear trunion, right? So how will that work on the M92?
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 8:15:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is my question too- I've SBR'd a Draco, drilled/tapped and attached an ace stock via stormwerkz folding mech. Very simple & straight forward.

If I wanted to do the same or similar with the PAP (and I do!) what does that entail? I've seen that they have an angled rear trunion, right? So how will that work on the M92?

Who is going to make the shim???

Link Posted: 10/4/2012 8:46:30 PM EDT
[#31]
for you guys in Western Washington, Ben's in Renton has a PAP I believe. I bought the other one and when i was there they had one left. the display one. I saw someone post about Federal Way so.....
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top