Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/25/2011 1:32:28 PM EDT
here is my mini so far. i love this little FLAMETHROWER.
http://i688.photobucket.com/albums/vv244/dpmays1998/003-15.jpg
* updated* finished pics

*EDIT*

quick overview:  first thing i did was buy another rear site block to chop about an inch out of the middle then weld back together. it will need reamed out also to fit further back on the barrel when re-installed. next i chopped down a standard gas tube. this isn't too hard since you only need the rear retainer to remain. next i cut the top portion off of a tantal HG retainer and welded it to the gas block. the lower HG retainer is made from a galil hg for a saiga. i just ground down the outside edges to akm size. after i did that i found this that would have been easier. after that i just started hacking on the original HG til it looked the way i wanted and the upper is a 74 lam HG. the p-grip is one that i made myself a while back, i just needed to refinish it to match. it is alot of work but makes it more functional IMHO. thanks for the comps. guys. good luck.
* 2nd edit *
i forgot to mention that the rear site attachment is (as most have prolly guessed) a modified hi-point carbine site.
Link Posted: 8/26/2011 6:02:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice Mini!

How many rounds have you put through it?
Link Posted: 8/27/2011 4:25:21 PM EDT
[#2]
very nice..
Link Posted: 8/27/2011 5:12:54 PM EDT
[#3]
only about 200-250 rnds down the pipe so far. i'm still working the bugs out and am planning to make another set of HG's for it since i kinda screwed this set up and it doesn't seat quite right. i'll update the pic when i get it finished.
Link Posted: 8/27/2011 8:16:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
only about 200-250 rnds down the pipe so far. i'm still working the bugs out and am planning to make another set of HG's for it since i kinda screwed this set up and it doesn't seat quite right. i'll update the pic when i get it finished.

If I got you a set of HGs would you do mine for me?
Link Posted: 8/28/2011 6:19:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

If I got you a set of HGs would you do mine for me?

i'd rather not. this idea has been a PITA from day one. i can give you any tips, etc. so you can do it. the difficult part was when i shortened the rear site block and made another gas tube just to have room for wood on the upper. like i said " PITA "
Link Posted: 8/29/2011 8:42:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Finally somebody did that HG setup! Looks a bit rough (no offense, I bet it was/ is a hard mod to do), but better than the hot dog bun!

Link Posted: 9/5/2011 9:07:57 AM EDT
[#7]
built new lower hg and moved the upper retainer further forward and cut down a lam upper to fit. the p-grip is one that i made. she feels ALOT better now.
Link Posted: 9/5/2011 12:03:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
built new lower hg and moved the upper retainer further forward and cut down a lam upper to fit. the p-grip is one that i made. she feels ALOT better now.

The new one looks VERY good.  Good job on it.

Sean
Link Posted: 9/5/2011 5:21:42 PM EDT
[#9]
That looks excellent. Great job!
Link Posted: 9/5/2011 5:46:19 PM EDT
[#10]
VERY nice work on the finished project.  I'm impressed.  I'd be very interested in hearing details.
Link Posted: 9/6/2011 7:40:09 AM EDT
[#11]
looks awesome.. nice job..
Link Posted: 9/7/2011 9:35:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Looks excellent.  I wish they would sell them with the handguards in that configuration, I really like the look of the mini overall but I think the stock handguards look ruhtarded.

Could you give a brief overview of what you did to get the gun into that configuration (not asking for detailed instructions, just sort of bullet points)?

Link Posted: 9/8/2011 5:20:05 PM EDT
[#13]
thanks for the comps guys. i edited a short description under the pics.
Link Posted: 9/12/2011 8:53:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
thanks for the comps guys. i edited a short description under the pics.

Thank you.

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top