Barrel length: 12.25" Chrome lined
Weight: 5-1/2lbs
Length: 21-1/2"
Standard Capacity: 30 Rounds
Finish: Black Matt
Pistolgrip: Black plastic
Furniture: Unfinished blond wood, Std AK type forend
Barrel threading: 14x1LH
Muzzle: Muzzle nut tac-welded in place - easily removed with Dremel.
Trigger: Tapco G2
Supplied with: Cleaning rod, cleaning kit, 30-round magazine (Typical)
922(r) considerations: None. Imported as a pistol, this firearm does not have to comply with 922(r) - however, if converting to a SBR it may have to comply.  Debatable.
Vertical Foregrip legality: Requires ATF Form, as it becomes an AOW.
Owner's Manual: Available here.
Prices/Availability: See haLfLiFe's thread: AK Pistol Prices/Availability

Romy Draco Champion
5.56x45 chambered version. Everything else is the same as the regular Draco.

Romy Draco "C"
Comes w/ underfolder rear trunnion and dated surplus Romy parts

Yugo PAP M92PV
Weapon type: Semiautomatic AK-Type Pistol
Condition: New w/Cosmoline
Manufacturer: Zastava Serbia
Importer: Century Arms International, Georgia, VT
Caliber: 7.62x39mm
Barrel length: 10.25" Non Chrome Lined
Overall Length: 19.75"
Finish: Black Matte
Furniture: Unfinished blond wood, LHG specific to the M92 Pistol
Barrel threading: M26 x 1.5 LH
Trigger: Standard factory double hook
Supplied with: Cleaning rod, (2) 30-round magazines
Has a hinged top receiver cover with Krinkov rear sight, standard front sight with auxiliary flip up white dot, safety selector bolt hold open and upper hand guard/gas tube is held in by a sliding pin for easy removal.

Yugo PAP M85PV
Caliber: 5.56x45
Barrel length: 10.25" Chrome Lined
Has a hinged top receiver cover with Krinkov rear sight, standard front sight with auxiliary flip up white dot, safety selector bolt hold open and upper hand guard/gas tube is held in by a sliding pin for easy removal.

Bulgarian SAM7K

Caliber: 7.62x39
Barrel Length: 267 mm (10.5 in.)
Total Length: 506mm (20in)
Twist Rate: 1 in 240 mm
Weight without Magazine: (8 lbs.)
Muzzle Velocity: (2,329 fps)
Effective Range: (547 yds)
Maximum Effective Range: (1,480 yds)
Rear Sight Range: (547 yds)

Bulgarian SLR106U-47
Caliber: 5.56 x 45 mm (.223)
Barrel Length: 415 mm (10 1/4 in.)
Rifling: 6 grooves
Twist Rate: 1 in 178 mm (7 in.)
Weight without Magazine: (5.5 lbs.)
Muzzle Velocity: (2,985 fps)
Effective Range: (550 yds)
Maximum Range: (1,480 yds)
Rear Sight Range: (547 yds)

Inter Ordnance Hellpup
Made in USA AK47 pistol w/ factory lifetime warranty. Features lower picatinny rail poly handguard, Phantom flash hider and military grade finish.

Centurion 39 Sporter
Made in USA by Century Arms. Milled receiver, bird cage flash hider, black synthetic finger groove pistol grip, black synthetic upper/lower handguards wtih 4 picatinny rails.

Link Posted: 2/4/2010 9:23:54 PM EDT
[#1]
How about the 223 Dracos?  Before I built my AK pistol I was going to get one when they were cheap and then they all disappeared and I was forced to make my own (granted I probably could have found one, I just liked the idea of making mine custom and being able to have a shorter barrel).  Any specs on the Draco 223s?  As far as 922r that only applies to assault rifles.  Pistols are not regulated by it (but I'm sure some one will come and argue with me on that as seems to be the case else where).  
Link Posted: 2/4/2010 9:26:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hedonist] [#2]
^^ The owner's manual refers to .223 Dracos, but I have not seen any.
I might suggest contacting Century to see if they are producing and if your local dealer can get you one.
As this is the AK Pistol forum, I'm limiting the specs to the 7.62x39 model, although Century's manual refers to 7.62, .22LR, and .223 calibers.

Link Posted: 2/5/2010 9:54:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Like I said, I probably could get one but building one was more fun.  I have a 223 Yugo M90A and may build a pistol in that caliber along with the 5.45x39.  Unless you make this an AK-47 only forum the 223 caliber is still an AK (it is in fact in the AK-74 class) so excluding it is not really fair.  But it's up to you.  
Link Posted: 2/6/2010 8:15:15 AM EDT
[#4]
The manual posted here states that the Drako is a surplus weapon firearm. What does that mean exactly???
Link Posted: 2/6/2010 10:49:39 AM EDT
[#5]
It means it was based off of Surplus Romanian parts kits to complete the pistol.
Link Posted: 2/7/2010 2:57:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Quiet_Wolf] [#6]
Originally Posted By haLfLiFe:
It means it was based off of Surplus Romanian parts kits to complete the pistol.

Actually, they are not parts kits guns.

The Romanian military and police used them, but their's had a forward vertical grip, underfolding stocks and are select-fire.

Pic from the 1989 Romanian Revolution
Link Posted: 2/8/2010 1:32:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: haLfLiFe] [#7]
Originally Posted By Quiet_Wolf:

Actually, they are not parts kits guns.
If they are not parts kits I would like to see some documentation of it. Because if they are coming as like new condition then they were either re-arsenaled or built off of surplus parts.

The Romanian military and police used them, but their's had a forward vertical grip, underfolding stocks and are select-fire.
You summed it up right there, the police used them and they were select fire with different furniture etc. You don't think these were actual pistols used by the police or military and then modified to be sold to the American market do you If they were built off of excess pre-used military/police parts (parts kits) then they would be considered surplus.

Pic from the 1989 Romanian Revolution
http://hulubei.net/tudor/photography/photos/R/o/Romanian-Revolution-091-760x485.jpg

Link Posted: 2/15/2010 4:35:09 AM EDT
[#8]
My Japanese AK book shows them as available both with a left sidefolding wire stock much like a Hungarian AMD and forward swept wooden front verticle grip and also with just a sling loop on the rear trunion just as many here put on their ak pistol builds. They were both chambered in 7.62x39mm.  That did it for me ...I ordered one immediatly upon seeing the pictures as just a pistol with forward swept wooden verticle pistol grip. I will probably cave and SBR it in the future just to have the foregrip ...looks great!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/21/2010 1:47:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Question?????   Does the Draco have Tapco's retainer plate?  I know it has their G2 trigger. Is the trigger a single stage  or the double stage one?
Thanks

t.....
Link Posted: 2/21/2010 2:00:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By tWillis:
Question?????   Does the Draco have Tapco's retainer plate?  I know it has their G2 trigger. Is the trigger a single stage  or the double stage one?
Thanks

t.....

I had to add a retainer plate to mine. It just had a normal shepards crook in it when I got it.
Link Posted: 2/21/2010 2:16:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for the update. I'll add one to my to buy list.

t.....
Link Posted: 3/24/2010 1:25:58 PM EDT
[#12]
What is this retainer plate, shepherds hook you speak of???? I'm an AK rookie??? it the shpherds hook the little springy on the safety lever end??
Link Posted: 3/24/2010 1:39:51 PM EDT
[#13]

Originally Posted By swatbwana:

What is this retainer plate, shepherds hook you speak of???? I'm an AK rookie??? it the shpherds hook the little springy on the safety lever end??

Yes, holds trigger pin in place.  Difficult to remove and reinsert without damaging it - the retainer plate is a simple solution to unnecessary aggravation.

If you never take your fire control parts out of the gun it's generally a non issue - but if you wish to clean/maintain that area a retainer plate is very convenient.

Link Posted: 3/24/2010 6:21:33 PM EDT
[#14]
The one that was in my Draco seemed to be an abbreviated one (not like the one in my Saigas) and was easy to get back in.
Link Posted: 4/21/2010 10:17:08 AM EDT
[#15]
I work in a gun shop in Lafayette Louisiana and yesterday we got a new shipment of Dracos in. The interesting part was, the pistol grips are now red bakelite! Thought this was an interesting developement from Century. Anyone else seen this yet?
Link Posted: 4/21/2010 2:04:07 PM EDT
[#16]
That is interesting but I bet they grab whatever is available at the time of the build. I purchased one to complement the Russian Red stain I plan on putting on the O.E. wood that came with my Draco. I'll have a set of evil black furniture and a set of red furniture for two different looks.
Link Posted: 5/4/2010 9:37:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By SovietShooter:
I work in a gun shop in Lafayette Louisiana and yesterday we got a new shipment of Dracos in. The interesting part was, the pistol grips are now red bakelite! Thought this was an interesting developement from Century. Anyone else seen this yet?

Mine has the same grip.
Link Posted: 6/30/2010 3:46:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: H2O_MAN] [#18]
Draco owners,

Regarding your personal Draco pistol, what is your overall impression of the fit, finish and performance?

Is there any trigger slap?

I am considering picking one up and want to know how owners feel about them.
You can IM or email me if you wish.

Thank you

Link Posted: 7/1/2010 8:00:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By H2O_MAN:
Draco owners,

Regarding your personal Draco pistol, what is your overall impression of the fit, finish and performance?fit/finish=not bad, not great either, performance is outstanding

Is there any trigger slap?none

I am considering picking one up and want to know how owners feel about them.
You can IM or email me if you wish. I love mine.  I added a Primary Weapons Systems FSC47, Hogue PG, and VM Sling Plate

Thank you You are welcome

Link Posted: 8/31/2010 7:08:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Are there any specifications related to model numbers, etc. For example how does a Draco 80 differ from the current model Draco C?
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 8:31:46 PM EDT
[#21]

Originally Posted By Martini:

Are there any specifications related to model numbers, etc. For example how does a Draco 80 differ from the current model Draco C?

Excellent question.  This topic was created with version 1.0 - anyone with input to newer releases are encouraged to update info for the newer models.

Link Posted: 11/29/2010 9:40:56 PM EDT
[#22]
How can you tell if you have the 80, or the C

Where my numbers are has DR-9281-10  RO

Whats the difference?
Link Posted: 7/3/2011 4:50:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Re-titled to encourage "C" owners, and Mini owners to provide specs and answer FAQs.  When this thread was started there was only THE Draco - now there are 3 to choose from.

Hopefully new folks will stop in here and have info on all the models in one tacked location.  So if you own a "C" or mini - spec it out here please.
Link Posted: 7/4/2011 8:44:09 PM EDT
[#24]
"C" Model:
Surplus Parts; under folder trunnion cut and ready for under folder kit. Comes with laminated lower hand guard, bakelite PG and will have a "C" marked on the side of the receiver next to the year of manf (ex: 1968). Trigger from the ones I have seen and heard of are not Tapco but rather factory due to no markings and heavy grind marks that some have. Does not come w/ cleaning rod and has 11.5" barrel just like the Non-C; barrel lenghts have shown to be different on many dracos that are measured but the majority we have seen have been 11.5".

Non-C:
Uncut under folder trunnion and from many discussions the pistols appear to be of new production and not surplus parts. The first production runs came w/ cleaning rods but later models did not have them; Classic Arms currently has reproductions for the Draco pistols. They come with standard Romy hand guards, black plastic PG, 11.5" barrel and a Tapco G2 trigger.

Mini Draco:
7.5 inch barrel, comes with a black plastic PG and custom lower hand guard which is held in by a bolt screwed into the front sight base; there is no upper HG. New production and we have not had a talk about who has what triggers but my Mini has a factory trigger. There is a difference in measurements on the rear sight compared to the "C" and Non-C. I believe the trunnion is an uncut under folder but there would have to be mods made to fit an under folder kit due to the plastic buffer that keeps the piston from coming out of the rear sight base.

All measurements are samples taken from folks on our pistol forum and thus there will be differences in measurements.
Link Posted: 12/23/2011 6:00:53 PM EDT
[#25]
My mini is a real chest thumper! The trigger is great, forearm is unfinished, finish and fit are decent. I installed a Vortex flash hider (helped some), drilled the rear end and installed a QD sling point and added GG&G's QD sling swivel for a single point sling (different configuration than most),  XS Big Dot front sight, and Parabellum Armament's AK Adaptive Rail system, plopped a Vortex SPARC on it, reshaped the handguard so the front end acts as a hand stop and fitted a heat shield from an old plastic AK handguard. I plan on hack sawing the top off the front sight leaving enough ear to protect the front sight. I'm having so much fun with the SPARC, I'm in no hurry. I would also like to cover the gas tube but will wait and see about railed hanguards. The gun runs great!
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 10:15:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MrBackpack] [#26]
Sorry, posted in the wrong place
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 11:54:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: haLfLiFe] [#27]
Please take note of a conversation we discussed on here 1/17/12 regarding the Draco "C" model coming in stock at various vendors w/ a "NON-UNDERFOLDING TRUNNION".

"C" Model w/o Underfolder Trunnion
Link Posted: 3/15/2012 9:03:14 AM EDT
[#28]
Anyone know of any place that has mini Draco's in stock?  I'm really wanting a super short sbr AK.
Link Posted: 3/15/2012 12:21:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: haLfLiFe] [#29]
Link Posted: 3/15/2012 6:42:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BellyUpFish] [#30]
Originally Posted By Rick_NE:
Anyone know of any place that has mini Draco's in stock?  I'm really wanting a super short sbr AK.

Get in line...
Link Posted: 6/23/2012 4:09:01 PM EDT
[#31]
I just bought one of these today and love it.  I have been eyeballing them for along time now.  Can't wait to go use it.   Mine came with the Midwest rail and grip installed.  I think I may have paid a little to much but I don't care.  $650   I have been know to do that when I see things I want set up the way I want them.

I recommendations on Slings to use with this.  been awhile since I have owned a AK style weapon.
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 4:51:24 PM EDT
[#32]
I too, just purchased a Draco Pistol.  I am sorry to say I could only find 2 in stock anywhere and for 600 dollars to boot!  I went ahead and did it though because I medically need a Draco. I believe it is a new MFG pistol with a SN code like DA-0123-12.  I have no idea what the DA means but the 0123 is the SN and it is stamped and or engraved  on all the main parts.  I assume the 12 is year of MFG.
I was able to determine the RT is not cut for an UF stock and I could see a letter 'P' on the interior side of the back plate of the reciever.  It has the standard Romarm/Cugir stuff on the side along with a clear "DRACO" that looks like it was done with an engraving device instead of stamped.  I did notice the muzzle nut is tac welded in place, is it ok to remove so I can put a different device on the muzzle?

Trav

1st post, new to the boards.
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 6:12:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Travanator:
I too, just purchased a Draco Pistol.  I am sorry to say I could only find 2 in stock anywhere and for 600 dollars to boot!  I went ahead and did it though because I medically need a Draco. I believe it is a new MFG pistol with a SN code like DA-0123-12.  I have no idea what the DA means but the 0123 is the SN and it is stamped and or engraved  on all the main parts.  I assume the 12 is year of MFG.
I was able to determine the RT is not cut for an UF stock and I could see a letter 'P' on the interior side of the back plate of the reciever.  It has the standard Romarm/Cugir stuff on the side along with a clear "DRACO" that looks like it was done with an engraving device instead of stamped.  I did notice the muzzle nut is tac welded in place, is it ok to remove so I can put a different device on the muzzle?

Trav

1st post, new to the boards.

Welcome aboard.

Link Posted: 9/5/2012 12:15:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: haLfLiFe] [#34]
Link Posted: 9/6/2012 11:30:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: haLfLiFe] [#35]
Link Posted: 9/21/2012 10:16:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/23/2012 10:26:43 AM EDT
[#37]
Updated again to reflect the new Yugo PAP M85 pistol in 5.56x45

M85 PAP pistols have chrome-lined barrels.
Link Posted: 10/23/2012 8:10:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/5/2013 1:55:44 AM EDT
[#39]
Looks like we have a new member!

http://www.k-var.com/shop/SAM7K.html
Link Posted: 5/20/2013 7:54:58 PM EDT
[#40]
WHAT, no Mini Draco??? Of note is the fact that it has the shortest barrel of all at a mere 7.75"
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 9:33:54 PM EDT
[#41]
great job on this!

just noticed that my M92 has 1mm receiver, and that there is a new one coming out with 1.5 mm.

any insight on this?
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 7:31:42 PM EDT
[#42]
Here's a nice deal: Polish AK-47 Pistol 7.62x39 with (2) 30RD Mags #AKAGUN-POLHP at $450 http://centerfiresystems.com/akagun-polhp.aspx
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:35:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RGIFFOUR] [#43]
Anyone got weight of bare M92 pistol?? My M92 pistol with my SBrace and KAK tube its a hefty 8lb 8oz with an empty 30 round surplus mag..

SOTG review says the M92 pistol from the factory is 6.6lbs empty..

Link Posted: 12/8/2014 12:21:04 AM EDT
[#44]
http://www.centuryarms.biz/proddetail.asp?prod=HG3237-N

Add the Century Arms Zastava PAP M85 NP Pistol, Cal. 5.56x45mm (.223) to the list

Barrel: 10"
Overall: 19.7"
Weight: 6.4 lbs

This is the "Gen 2" version with the plastic mag well for AR mag's. Barrel
IS chromed and I understand twist is 1x7 (must check this further)
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 1:53:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Hedonist:
^^ The owner's manual refers to .223 Dracos, but I have not seen any.

I might suggest contacting Century to see if they are producing and if your local dealer can get you one.

As this is the AK Pistol forum, I'm limiting the specs to the 7.62x39 model, although Century's manual refers to 7.62, .22LR, and .223 calibers.

View Quote

Where's the info on the Mini and Micro Draco?  
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 11:25:20 AM EDT
[#46]
Yugo PAP M85PV
Caliber: 5.56x45
Barrel length: 10.25" Chrome Lined

I Like This Spesification.!!!!!
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top