Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » RPK / RPD / PKM
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2016 12:09:18 AM EDT
Is the RPM considered a RPK or is it just a 20 inch AK?
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 12:29:52 AM EDT
[#1]
had to google it, but from  a number of photos it looks like a 20" akm to me, no bulging front trunion, looks like std akm diameter barrel to me, cool bypods though

i am sure some one that owns one will chime in though to confirm specs
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 12:36:25 AM EDT
[#2]
20 inch AK
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 3:16:30 AM EDT
[#3]
as was said, just  20 inch barrel AKM.

I bought one back in 96, that had the factory installed bipod ( a cut down RPD bipod). I decided to make it RPKish, bought a NIW soviet laminated RPK furniture set and installed it.  I did have to modify the lower handguard so it would fit. but the stock and upper handguard fitting with no problem.

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/3284MAADI_RPM.jpg
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 6:27:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
as was said, just  20 inch barrel AKM.

I bought one back in 96, that had the factory installed bipod ( a cut down RPD bipod). I decided to make it RPKish, bought a NIW soviet laminated RPK furniture set and installed it.  I did have to modify the lower handguard so it would fit. but the stock and upper handguard fitting with no problem.

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/3284MAADI_RPM.jpg
View Quote

Did yours function fine? This one has canted shights so I will be straightening them and adding a oversized pen. The finish is rough but that's to be expected from a Maadi.
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 11:27:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Did yours function fine? This one has canted shights so I will be straightening them and adding a oversized pen. The finish is rough but that's to be expected from a Maadi.
View Quote

functioned fine when I bought it and still functions fine now. mine doesn't  have canted sights
Page AK-47 » RPK / RPD / PKM
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top