Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » RPK / RPD / PKM
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/6/2015 7:17:13 PM EDT
I installed the CNC Warrior RPK Integral AR Tube Side Folder (Right) on my AES-10B.  It took some work to get it installed.  Sorry I didn't take any pictures.  There is a very ingenious build aspect to it.  The hole in the deepest of the receiver has a slot and a free area for a nut to fit.  A friendly recommendation, once you have the screw in the channel, put a piece of black electrical tape on the back to make sure it stays in the channel.  The installation will required some love taps.  

I tried this the first time without any oil (CLP) and that was a mistake.  The folder took a casualty (harbor freight rubber mallet).  So I went back and bought a fiberglass one, used some CLP and installation was tight but that's a great fit.

I painted a Magpul ASC-L stock which is nice.  I wanted to allow for a different length of pull since I want anyone to be able to use the rifle.  When folded, the stock will not lie flat, but it locks up well with very little wobble.  

Long story short, I really like the product and I'm very excited for it to complete my rifle (optics to come).

Link Posted: 9/6/2015 8:01:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like a nice piece,  though I'm not feeling the Nerf color scheme
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 6:20:13 PM EDT
[#2]
The color is much less shiny in person.  The Flash really highlights the color.

Link Posted: 9/14/2015 10:09:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Must either be the AES-10B or you got sent the wrong stock.  My square back Vepr (Russian Molot RPK receiver) fit perfectly, no tools other than a screw driver needed.
Page AK-47 » RPK / RPD / PKM
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top