Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » RPK / RPD / PKM
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/11/2014 2:01:56 PM EDT
what is the value of a norinco nhm-91 with bipod like new shot very little.has the clubfoot stock.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 10:29:08 PM EDT
[#1]
i guess i figured out about the price check!!
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 10:23:52 PM EDT
[#3]
You may want to do some research on the import date of your NHM91. From what I read (I had one few years back) it was imported after the '89 import ban and 922r rules apply.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 11:31:03 AM EDT
[#4]
what would i need to change?
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 1:44:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You may want to do some research on the import date of your NHM91. From what I read (I had one few years back) it was imported after the '89 import ban and 922r rules apply.
View Quote

922r came after the onset of the '89 ban.  Just sayin.
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 12:23:25 AM EDT
[#6]
I stand corrected.
Its the Crime Control Act of 1990 signed by Bush.
Covers imports after November 30, 1990

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/firearms-technology.html

Finally, the GCA, 18 U.S.C. § 922(r), specifically states the following:

It shall be unlawful for any person to assemble from imported parts any semiautomatic rifle or any shotgun which is identical to any rifle or shotgun prohibited from importation under the…[GCA]…Section 925(d)(3).as not being particularly suitable for or readily adaptable to sporting purposes ….

Also, 27 C.F.R. § 478.39 states:

…

(a) No person shall assemble a semiautomatic rifle or any shotgun using more than 10 of the imported parts listed in paragraph (c) of this section if the assembled firearm is prohibited from importation under section 925(d)(3) as not being particularly suitable for or readily adaptable to sporting purposes ….
           (b) The provisions of this section shall not apply to:
               (1) The assembly of such rifle or shotgun for sale or distribution by a licensed manufacturer to the United States or any department or agency thereof or to any State or any department, agency, or political subdivision thereof; or (2) The assembly of such rifle or shotgun for the purposes of testing or experimentation authorized by the Director under the provisions of [§478.151(formerly 178.151)]; or (3) The repair of any rifle or shotgun which had been imported into or assembled in the United States prior to November 30, 1990, or the replacement of any part of such firearm.
           (c) For purposes of this section, the term imported parts [tabulated below] are:
               (1) Frames, receivers, receiver castings, forgings, or castings.
               (2) Barrels.
               (3) Barrel extensions.
               (4) Mounting blocks (trunnions).
               (5) Muzzle attachments.
               (6) Bolts.
               (7) Bolt carriers.
               (8) Operating rods.
               (9) Gas pistons.
               (10) Trigger housings.
               (11) Triggers.
               (12) Hammers.
               (13) Sears.
               (14) Disconnectors.
               (15) Buttstocks.
               (16) Pistol grips.
               (17) Forearms, handguards.
               (18) Magazine bodies.
               (19) Followers.
               (20) Floor plates.

…

As a result of a 1989 study by the U.S. Treasury Department regarding the importability of certain firearms, an import ban was placed on military-style firearms. This ban included not only military-type firearms, but also extended to firearms with certain features that were considered to be “nonsporting.”

Among such nonsporting features were the ability to accept a detachable magazine; folding/telescoping stocks; separate pistol grips; and the ability to accept a bayonet, flash suppressors, bipods, grenade launchers, and night sights.

Please note that the foreign parts kits that are sold through commercial means are usually cut up machineguns, such as Russian AK-47 types, British Sten types, etc. Generally, an acceptable semiautomatic copy of a machinegun is one that has been significantly redesigned. The receiver must be incapable of accepting the original fire-control components that are designed to permit full automatic fire. The method of operation should employ a closed-bolt firing design that incorporates an inertia-type firing pin within the bolt assembly.

Further, an acceptably redesigned semiautomatic copy of nonsporting firearm must be limited to using less than 10 of the imported parts listed in 27 CFR § 478.39(c). Otherwise, it is considered to be assembled into a nonsporting configuration per the provisions of 18 U.S.C. 925(d)(3) and is thus a violation of § 922(r).

Individuals manufacturing sporting-type firearms for their own use need not hold Federal Firearms Licenses (FFLs). However, we suggest that the manufacturer at least identify the firearm with a serial number as a safeguard in the event that the firearm is lost or stolen. Also, the firearm should be identified as required in 27 CFR 478.92 if it is sold or otherwise lawfully transferred in the future.

Page AK-47 » RPK / RPD / PKM
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top