Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » RPK / RPD / PKM
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2014 10:57:24 AM EDT
Hey guys,

Who makes some quality new furniture for RPKs? Is there a company like Boyd's or Timbersmith for them or is the only option really just refinishing surplus furniture?

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 11:04:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 12:56:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Polymer sets here: http://www.russiansurplus.net/product_p/rpk-poly-plum-set.htm
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 1:53:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

Thanks. Too bad the damn set is 40% of the guns value
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 3:41:55 PM EDT
[#4]
And Regular Romanian AK furniture locks up to these no problem, right?
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:11:55 AM EDT
[#5]
I can't believe the aftermarket for these is so limited. I wish someone would do a new finished set like the Timbersmith's. I guess the best option for the money would be to sand and stain the wood that comes on it.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:37:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I can't believe the aftermarket for these is so limited. I wish someone would do a new finished set like the Timbersmith's. I guess the best option for the money would be to sand and stain the wood that comes on it.
View Quote

I'm pretty sure Ironwood will do their Russian-style finish on a set for an additional ~$60. Their work is far superior to Timbersmith.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 11:01:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 4:33:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Someday when I build up my Romanian RPK parts kit I'm going to install the set of factory laminate furniture I bought back in '98.  I've always heard nothing but good things about Ironwood.
View Quote

Ironwood makes awesome sets that actually use proper Baltic Birch laminate and have the same chameleon affect that true Russian parts have.

However, I do have a few issues with their pieces. My biggest complaint is that they do the AKM side swivels incorrectly. Russian pieces have sthe swivel running parallel to the heel of the stock, Ironwood does them parallel with the comb. Ironwood also does not offer wrapped laminate upper hand guards. While these would be more expensive, a Russian clone needs them. I can live with the bottom of the forearms lacking the proper cross laminated section, but the above inaccuracies are enough to give me pause. I also have found that the stocks are a bit chunky compared to the real Russian ones. This is typical of most aftermarket stocks and can be corrected with a little sanding.

Still, they are the closest to accurate US made sets by a longshot.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:54:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Will regular AK rail systems work on heavy barrel AES10 hand guards?I wanna ditch the wood and not into the polymer/plum.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 4:38:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Will regular AK rail systems work on heavy barrel AES10 hand guards?I wanna ditch the wood and not into the polymer/plum.
View Quote

The RPK reciever is different.
Im pretty sure the Chaos rail for a Vepr 12 will fit it.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 12:35:19 PM EDT
[#11]
I just ended up restaining mine to save some money first. Came out great just with some Minwax

link
Page AK-47 » RPK / RPD / PKM
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top