Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » RPK / RPD / PKM
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/13/2014 5:45:17 AM EDT
Is the Century AES 10B a good RPK clone?  Is it worth a try?  Any help from actual AES 10B owners will be appreciated.  Thank
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 6:48:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Good reviews on ak files.
Only issue beiing canted front sight (fixable)
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 12:27:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I love mine, well worth the 700 I paid for it. It's a great shooter and a whole lot of fun. I would not hesitate to recommend one.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 7:11:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm a fan.  She's well put together and there are plenty of fun options to customize.

Shoots great and looks great.

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 5:20:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I got one a few years back, and its one of my fave aks. Probably my favorite 7.62 ones. Built like a tank, fairly accurate.

I think it cost a shade over $500 when I got it. I should have picked up two.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 11:34:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Love mine! wouldn't hesitate to buy again!

Link Posted: 6/19/2014 10:37:58 PM EDT
[#6]
It's a solid option.
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 4:12:44 AM EDT
[#7]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm a fan.  She's well put together and there are plenty of fun options to customize.

http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy77/tjk45rocket/IMG_0453.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy77/tjk45rocket/IMG_0453.jpg

Quoted:
I love mine, well worth the 700 I paid for it. It's a great shooter and a whole lot of fun. I would not hesitate to recommend one.

Quoted:
Love mine! wouldn't hesitate to buy again!
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p224/MAKAK47/DSCN3802_zps9e6dffaf.jpg

Are the barrel indeed chrome line?  Is the receiver a true RPK style with thicker 1.5mm?  Any magazine wobble? Thank!
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 10:11:20 AM EDT
[#8]

Barrel is indeed chromed, Receiver is TRUE RPK thickness, Magazine? What magazine, I run DRUMS for extended FUN! . . . ALSO the AES-10b is the ONLY one of the commercial semi-auto RPK’s that has the side scope mount installed.

GET ONE! You will love it.

100 yards fast fire

Link Posted: 6/20/2014 10:20:47 AM EDT
[#9]
yes, bipod and drum are too much fun.
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 12:11:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Are the barrel indeed chrome line?  Is the receiver a true RPK style with thicker 1.5mm?  Any magazine wobble? Thank!
View Quote

Chrome Lined: Yes it is!
The Receiver is true RPK, exactly the same as the Romy RPK's I encountered in A-stan (although they were 5.45, pic below, look how close that is to a AES-10B)
I don't have mag wobble, in fact my well is extremely tight, too tight for some mags, some of the older AES-10B's had problems though with the wells opened too much, I wouldn't worry about it with the new models

Romy 5.45 RPK
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 11:39:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Beside Atlantic Firearms who else have AES-10B?
Link Posted: 6/24/2014 10:49:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Beside Atlantic Firearms who else have AES-10B?
View Quote

why go anywhere else??  If you contact Atlantic they will give you an ARFcom discount

And they ship FAST!!
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 9:03:59 AM EDT
[#13]
J&G has em at $580. I paid $599+tax and transfer for mine in 2012.

Link Posted: 7/2/2014 8:03:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Palmetto has them for $499!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 3:39:03 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Damn it!  I really hate myself.  I already place one on layaway at Atlantic Firearms, I overpay by almost $200!!!!!  I really wish I have waiting a few extra days!
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 9:08:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 10:04:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Damn it!  I really hate myself.  I already place one on layaway at Atlantic Firearms, I overpay by almost $200!!!!!  I really wish I have waiting a few extra days!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry about that, I am in the same boat as you.  I am trying to tell myself that the ones that are selling now are the left over "Culls" that they picked through and pulled out the better ones.  Even though I know that is not the case, it makes me feel better
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 10:08:05 AM EDT
[#18]

It appears all 3 are "Century Arms International” made RPK’s. PSA gun comes with 2 mags and the lowest price ($499.99). Next is J&G with 1 mag ($579.95), but I have heard stories about bipod problems with them? Finally Atlantic has 1 mag ($699.00). I guess it comes down to who has them in stock and how much S&H charges affect final cost.

I am tempted to get another one from PSA, just have my mind set on other purchases right now.

Link Posted: 7/3/2014 6:57:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think they're gone now.
I ordered one online today, and got a confirmation email.
But they're not on the website anymore, I hope I'm in for one at that price.
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 10:32:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

for your sake I am too, it's way too good a deal on these awesome rifles, it sucks I payed what I did, but I didn't have 8 month foresight on what the market would be, regardless I fuckin' love my rifle
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 11:23:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

for your sake I am too, it's way too good a deal on these awesome rifles, it sucks I payed what I did, but I didn't have 8 month foresight on what the market would be, regardless I fuckin' love my rifle
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've been in your shoes too.
But if ya love it that's great!
Good thing it wasn't a dog.
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 9:43:29 AM EDT
[#22]
From reading over at AKFiles, the $499 rifles are US made barrels while J&G's are Romanian.
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 11:03:35 AM EDT
[#23]
Still hate myself for not waiting a little longer, but at least Atlantic have layaway.  Can’t cancel the layaway because I will lose the deposit.
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 11:49:07 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
From reading over at AKFiles, the $499 rifles are US made barrels while J&G's are Romanian.
View Quote

Lots of conflicting and dated info on that thread, and there's only one guy with a new AES-10B, and it's from J&G.
Will have to wait till somebody actually gets theirs.
Hopefully we'll get an update from a PSA buyer.
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 3:59:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Lots of conflicting and dated info on that thread, and there's only one guy with a new AES-10B, and it's from J&G.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think someone contacted Century and they confirmed the AES-10s are a US made heavy barrel. I'll look again.
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 8:13:18 PM EDT
[#26]
I think the confusion may be coming from the info on Century's website. (Surprised anyone?)
It says:
"We’ve taken it and made it even better! Our incredibly popular AES-10 and added a brand new heavy barrel and relocated the bipod to make it look almost exactly like the famous RPK."
The AES-10 was the first version, no RPK receiver/trunnion or barrel, not sure about bipod.
The AES-10B is the heavier barrel and reciever/trunnion version.
So, if it is an AES-10B that's what I'll get.
If it's something else, I'll refuse the transfer based on that. You should too.
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 10:53:24 PM EDT
[#27]
It's the same description century has always had for the aes-10b. It's the same gun as jgsales and everywhere else. They were selling for around $400 a few years ago but $499 isn't bad
Page AK-47 » RPK / RPD / PKM
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top