Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » RPK / RPD / PKM
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 6/8/2014 11:00:19 PM EDT
I have been lusting for an RPD for years. Finally an opportunity came where I had a little bit of extra money. So I decided to pull the trigger. I ordered the gun back May and just forgot about it. Well I decided to give a friendly call one day and it was ready. I paid them and they shipped super fast to my FFL. Then the real waiting game started for me to come home from work to pick her up.

This thing is gorgeous. Shes built solid and smooth. This is not a hack job (insert shameless plug) DSA did an outstanding job with this gun. The barrel fluting is great, not a bunch of tooling marks or anything. The kit is the standard number 11 Radom parts kit from 1959 and all the parts are in great shape. I cleaned the gun up a little and lubed her up and got ready for the range.

I bought 4 more additional belts to go with the gun but currently only have one cleaned of cosmoline. Whats the best way to deal with that issue? Anyways, loaded the belt up with a bunch of Wolf. A mix between standard black box and military classic. She loved it, then i switched to Tulammo...... thats when shit went down hill fast. Im getting 1 out of 5 rounds FTF. Striker hits the primer then nothing. Quick rack of the charging handle and the next one goes in and fires.

I guess the Tulammo just has hard primers. It's a shame seeing as i have 1.5k of it and only 800 of Wolf. On the very last round of the belt loaded with Tulammo i had a Failure to extract but i imagine it was due to the shit ammo.

I plan on getting the SAW pouch for it. I may clone the rifle that ZachTA posted in the RPD pic thread. It looks great, only changing a few things.

Accuracy with the gun is outstanding considering the ammunition used. The gun gets a lot of attention and is a hit at the range.

I'm going to have a barrel extension made and permanently attached and will run my suppressor on it.

Enough with my rambling on heres pictures.

On my buddies MG 42 mount.
" />

I hated the Magpul stock so i traded it for a VLTOR.

Dont mind the laundry.....
" />

Link Posted: 6/8/2014 11:32:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 11:59:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Very nice
View Quote

Thank you.
Link Posted: 6/9/2014 12:35:12 AM EDT
[#3]
So sex hot!
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 3:17:49 PM EDT
[#4]
That looks friggin sweet on the tripod. You should have snapped the pick with a loaded belt of ammo hanging down.
The thought of having that same tripod set up with a PKM makes me tingly inside.
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 10:36:06 PM EDT
[#5]
We didn't have the cosmoline off the belt yet. I will next time I am home. I would love a PKM.
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 11:43:20 PM EDT
[#6]
nice setup.

For the belts,

go get a cheap pan (think throwaway cheap) put about a pint of purple power (or equivalent) and about half that much citrus cleaner to about a gallon of water. heat this solution up until its basically boiling and put the belts in it.

the cosmoline and grease will boil off and float to the top, where you can skim it off with a paper towel. enjoy your clean belts.

this also works well for nasty parts kits.
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 9:35:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
nice setup.

For the belts,

go get a cheap pan (think throwaway cheap) put about a pint of purple power (or equivalent) and about half that much citrus cleaner to about a gallon of water. heat this solution up until its basically boiling and put the belts in it.

the cosmoline and grease will boil off and float to the top, where you can skim it off with a paper towel. enjoy your clean belts.

this also works well for nasty parts kits.
View Quote

So i can't use the gf's good pans?
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 9:47:36 PM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 6/15/2014 11:17:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

actually those work well, running them through the dishwasher set on heavy clean works even better, but its kinda like having her come home to find you parkerizing 1911 parts in her calphalon turkey pan.  

gun looks nice, but holy hell are you in for a world of hurting.

don't ask me how i know the 1911 part
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 11:51:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

actually those work well, running them through the dishwasher set on heavy clean works even better, but its kinda like having her come home to find you parkerizing 1911 parts in her calphalon turkey pan.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL, when i was married i may or may not have ran a Walther P22 through the dishwasher.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 3:29:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

LOL, when i was married i may or may not have ran a Walther P22 through the dishwasher.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

i ran many a greasy gun part through my dishwasher at my old apt im pretty it ruined tho
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 12:06:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Very nice set up on the tripod, I did the same with mine!
Page AK-47 » RPK / RPD / PKM
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top