Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » RPK / RPD / PKM
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/19/2014 6:48:34 PM EDT
Ended up with 2 AES10Bs but they came with 2 different bipods. One has a collar that required FSP to be removed to install. The other has a collar with a pin that allows it to open up. This bipod is shorter than the one with the collar and I cant seem to get it to fit as the collar doesn't appear to be able to clamp down(ie..too small)

Is this a PKM bipod? Will it fit? The clamp sure doesnt look like it will but I didn't try to hard.

Thanks for any help
Link Posted: 3/20/2014 3:35:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I measured the barrel cut out and the inside if the bipod clamp.

Bipod is .585
Barrel is . 645

Unless this clamp flexed some when installed I don't see how it can possible fit and the even be able to rotate. Guess I get it in the vice or use something to see if I can get it clamped on the barrel
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 2:24:18 PM EDT
[#2]
It appears to be a PKM bipod. I had an early AES-10B that had a PKM bipod and it fit on the barrel so I'm not sure why it isn't fitting on yours. Maybe it isn't a PKM bipod?
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 3:59:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Did yours have the shims welding inside the clamp. This one does and appears to be the issue as to why it won't close on the barrel
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 10:46:11 AM EDT
[#4]
If any of you RPK gurus have any extra correct bipod/ collar , ill glad buy it if ya wanna part with it!!! : )
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 3:25:06 PM EDT
[#5]
have you tried popping the shims out? It would be worth the work so you don't have to pull the FSB to for a "correct" bipod.
Page AK-47 » RPK / RPD / PKM
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top