Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » RPK / RPD / PKM
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2014 7:55:53 AM EDT
someone on a local gun forum is selling his rpk. i really want this but what to you guys know about them?it seems like a good deal for 750 or best. but what should i expect from it ?

his description " Yugo M72 RPK. No trades. Original finned heavy barrel, passes the bullet test, see pic. Typcial dark bore known in yugos, but has strong rifling and shots great. Matching numbers on the cover, trunnion, bolt, bolt carrier. Looks like the factory electro-penciled a new number on the top cover to show that it was matched to the trunnion. Comes with 75 Round Romanian Drum Mag. It's in battlefield pick up (BFPU) configuration. The buttstock was added later, one of the Balkan Wars bfpu buttstocks. Originally came with a polymer thumbhole, but I didn't like that. US pistol grip. Tapco G2 trigger. Muzzle nut. Sorry, these were imported without bipods, the correct styles are available on gunbroker for $50 I never cared to get one."

i really want this rifle but just not sure if i should pull the trigger

Link Posted: 2/2/2014 8:33:20 AM EDT
[#1]
I say no.

ETA- You should be able to get a correct AES-10B cheaper than that home built, incorrectly done Yugo.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 12:23:57 PM EDT
[#2]
ok thanks. could you point me in the right direction to get one?
Link Posted: 2/6/2014 9:56:53 AM EDT
[#3]
I think you'll have a tough time finding an AES-10B cheaper than that yugo. J&G had a bipod-less batch a little while back, but they've dried up. I think you should expect to pay $700-$800 currently. As time goes on, so does the price. Before this last AES-10B batch, they were selling over $1000. Good luck on your search.
Link Posted: 6/5/2014 4:54:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think you'll have a tough time finding an AES-10B cheaper than that yugo. J&G had a bipod-less batch a little while back, but they've dried up. I think you should expect to pay $700-$800 currently. As time goes on, so does the price. Before this last AES-10B batch, they were selling over $1000. Good luck on your search.
View Quote

Just ordered an AES-10B for $704 delivered from Atlantic Firearms  (That was with an ARFcom promo code you have to email them to ask for)

I looked and looked and the AES-10B is the only one currently offered with the carry handle, bipod, and scope mount.  Cant wait till it gets here!!
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 8:31:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Just ordered an AES-10B for $704 delivered from Atlantic Firearms  (That was with an ARFcom promo code you have to email them to ask for)

I looked and looked and the AES-10B is the only one currently offered with the carry handle, bipod, and scope mount.  Cant wait till it gets here!!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Brother, they are the shit!  You'll love it once you get it
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 1:15:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is good to know and glad to hear it. I read as much as I could before I ordered it.  Much of what I found positive and negative was several years old and it seems that the model has changed a bit over the years.  (Mainly the availability of the bipod and carry handle)  I researched the WASR 10 before I bought it as well and I am VERY happy with it.

This AES-10B has been given the "Once over" by Atlantic so I feel good about it.  What started me looking for an RPK was a friend showed me his Chinese 91 with thumbhole stock and we were looking into de-banning it.  Got me to wanting my own and the AES-10B is already finished

Ordered yesterday and just got an email update that it shipped TODAY
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 9:51:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That is good to know and glad to hear it. I read as much as I could before I ordered it.  Much of what I found positive and negative was several years old and it seems that the model has changed a bit over the years.  (Mainly the availability of the bipod and carry handle)  I researched the WASR 10 before I bought it as well and I am VERY happy with it.

This AES-10B has been given the "Once over" by Atlantic so I feel good about it.  What started me looking for an RPK was a friend showed me his Chinese 91 with thumbhole stock and we were looking into de-banning it.  Got me to wanting my own and the AES-10B is already finished

View Quote

Good to hear!  I held this Romanian RPK in Afghanistan and that's when I knew I had to have one, this RPK however is 5.45 and mine is 7.62

Link Posted: 6/6/2014 10:39:22 PM EDT
[#8]
HMM, I have a FH like that on my AKMS.  I may need to swap out the FH for the slant break that will be on my AES-10B????

And I see that the stock has the deadly thing that "Goes up" on it too...
Link Posted: 6/7/2014 12:20:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
HMM, I have a FH like that on my AKMS.  I may need to swap out the FH for the slant break that will be on my AES-10B????

And I see that the stock has the deadly thing that "Goes up" on it too...
View Quote

Definitely has a barrel shroud, too bad they don't ship those with the AES-10B's...
Link Posted: 6/7/2014 12:22:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Good to hear!  I held this Romanian RPK in Afghanistan and that's when I knew I had to have one, this RPK however is 5.45 and mine is 7.62

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p224/MAKAK47/RPK74full.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p224/MAKAK47/RPK74full.jpg

I WANT that mag!
Link Posted: 6/7/2014 7:59:07 PM EDT
[#11]
you mean like these I have?

Link Posted: 6/23/2014 3:03:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Just a question. A Tantal mag?
ive seen metal ak47 40 rounders plenty of times but never a 5.56 one
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:10:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Ordered a Romanian on JG Sales RPK-10b (with carry handle) with a FREE 75 rnd Romanian steel drum for about $600 shipped
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 8:51:57 AM EDT
[#14]
May just be me, but that Yugo looks to have a Romanian stock on it and is a horrible fit. Look where it meets the rear of the receiver.
Page AK-47 » RPK / RPD / PKM
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top