Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » RPK / RPD / PKM
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2013 9:42:59 PM EDT
Gents have a basic DS arms rpd coming in (not the tactical version). I noticed what looks like a thread nut at the end of the barrel; can I just slip on a flash hider or muzzle brake onto these models? If so, does anyone know the thread pitch? My google fu hasn't turned up diddly on this question.
Thanks
Link Posted: 8/20/2013 11:28:04 AM EDT
[#1]
No it will not just thread off its welded because the barrel is only 15 or so inches.

Sorry

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/21/2013 8:38:44 PM EDT
[#2]
You're are talking about the 20" standard version. I am not sure if that the normal threads are either 18 x 1 or 16 x 1. I doubt that DSArms would change the threads and make new barrel thread protectors rather than use the old ones. However, I can't be positive. I know that Project guns sells a m60 type flash hider in 16x1. I would suggest measuring the threads once its arrived to see what the OD measures.
Link Posted: 8/23/2013 9:49:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Yep I'm talking about the standard model and not the badass tactical model (wish I had one of those too)
So there is a standard threading? More money to spend.... Thanks gents
Link Posted: 8/23/2013 9:54:19 AM EDT
[#4]
I'll check when I get home if you do not get a response.

Btw- they are funn as hell!
Link Posted: 8/23/2013 3:38:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I suck.  The Full size DSA RPD does have the threaded muzzle - and it is the same as the muzzle on a different RPD that I have.  I do not have a way of measuring them other than to say it is a right hand thread (righty-tighty), it is larger in diameter than an AK and smaller than a DP28.

Keep in mind that I do not recall seeing any type of muzzle break on RPDs. I believe the threading was there for the blank firing adapter.

John
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 9:44:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought a RPD and got the M60 flashhidder from project...  I really like it but it was one hell of a thight fit....
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 1:27:20 PM EDT
[#7]
The standard muzzel thread on the full size RPD is a 16X1. I do not know thw thread pitch on a PKM but would like to put one on my DSA RPD
Link Posted: 2/18/2014 10:07:54 PM EDT
[#8]
The PKM is 17x1.0
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 6:01:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Deep Creek Outfitters is supposed to be soon selling thread adapters that go from the original 16x1 to standard 5/8 x 24 so you can put normal flash hiders on it as well as standard .30 cal suppressors.
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 9:53:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Deep Creek Outfitters is supposed to be soon selling thread adapters that go from the original 16x1 to standard 5/8 x 24 so you can put normal flash hiders on it as well as standard .30 cal suppressors.
View Quote

http://www.weaponsguild.com/forum/index.php?topic=47269.0
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 3:03:04 PM EDT
[#11]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holy SHITE!!! $80??!!!?!!! No thanks Id rather have a barrel nut if that's the alternative.
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 7:15:21 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View Quote

Saw some on g-broker.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=419719183

Link Posted: 6/9/2014 6:32:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Holy SHITE!!! $80??!!!?!!! No thanks Id rather have a barrel nut if that's the alternative.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The price has come down to $62, they were intended to be used with a silencer rather than just something to let you use a flash hider or break.
Page AK-47 » RPK / RPD / PKM
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top