Tacked PKM Pic Thread (Page 2 of 2)
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 11:53:34 AM EDT
[#1]

Originally Posted By Bettendorf:

Originally Posted By ODA_564:

https://www.apexgunparts.com/product_info.php/cPath/80/products_id/1067

A piece of rail, some rivets (or bolts) and its a solution (I used JB Weld too).

That's neat. You did buy one of those didn't you? I thought there was problems with those fitting on the PKM's? Is my memory whack?

Since I had already removed the top cover pivot pin to attempt installation of the B&T, I had no issues putting the PKT top cover on mine.  The used PKT top cover I recieved had a loose dust cover (the little flap on the right side where the ammo feeds in - the pin would slide out and the dust cover fall off) but I fixed that.

Mine runs like a top - but watch the little cam on the botom of your bolt carrier (right side at the rear) - make sure it stays tight.
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 11:57:55 AM EDT
[#2]

https://www.apexgunparts.com/product_info.php/cPath/80/products_id/1067

A piece of rail, some rivets (or bolts) and its a solution (I used JB Weld too).

That's neat. You did buy one of those didn't you? I thought there was problems with those fitting on the PKM's? Is my memory whack?

Since I had already removed the top cover pivot pin to attempt installation of the B&T, I had no issues putting the PKT top cover on mine.  The used PKT top cover I recieved had a loose dust cover (the little flap on the right side where the ammo feeds in - the pin would slide out and the dust cover fall off) but I fixed that.

Mine runs like a top - but watch the little cam on the botom of your bolt carrier (right side at the rear) - make sure it stays tight.

Awesome.  Thanks for the info!

Link Posted: 4/3/2012 1:52:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Razve] [#3]
Few photos from Russia

Link Posted: 4/4/2012 10:01:47 AM EDT
[#4]

Nice MG's and welcome to AR15.com.  I'd like to see more photos of the PKM on the end.

Link Posted: 4/4/2012 1:45:42 PM EDT
[#5]

]Nice MG's and welcome to AR15.com.  I'd like to see more photos of the PKM on the end.

Thank you.
This is a modernized version of the PKM - PKP "Pecheneg".
More photos are here http://foto.mail.ru/mail/photoshooter/1789/ .
Karden - our police officer SOBR - SWAT analogue
Link Posted: 4/4/2012 5:57:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Razve:

]Nice MG's and welcome to AR15.com.  I'd like to see more photos of the PKM on the end.

Thank you.
This is a modernized version of the PKM - PKP "Pecheneg".
More photos are here http://foto.mail.ru/mail/photoshooter/1789/ .
Karden - our police officer SOBR - SWAT analogue

Great pics! Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/22/2012 6:46:10 PM EDT
[#7]

Could we get some close up photos of the RPK trunnion date/markings?
Link Posted: 6/14/2012 11:08:43 PM EDT
[#8]

I guessing this didn't work out too well. Hopefully someone had you move your support hand off the ejection port cover before you fired.
Link Posted: 7/8/2012 6:03:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Razve] [#9]
Originally Posted By RealEric:

Could we get some close up photos of the RPK trunnion date/markings?

these fit?
http://foto.mail.ru/mail/photoshooter/986/#/mail/photoshooter/986/
Link Posted: 7/8/2012 6:06:00 AM EDT
[#10]
This RPK-203.
But now the RPK is extremely rare in the army. They were all replaced by the PKM and PKP
Link Posted: 7/8/2012 3:11:57 PM EDT
[#11]
This RPK-203.
But now the RPK is extremely rare in the army. They were all replaced by the PKM and PKP

Very nice!

Welcome to the site!

Are you current or former Russian military?

If so, or if you have a lot of general AK knowledge, you should start a thread in the AK Discussions section where people can ask you questions.

Link Posted: 7/8/2012 10:44:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By mustangduckk:

Very nice!

Welcome to the site!

Are you current or former Russian military?

If so, or if you have a lot of general AK knowledge, you should start a thread in the AK Discussions section where people can ask you questions.

Thank you.) Former. No problem. Now try to create a theme of a new modification of the AK - AK-12
Link Posted: 7/9/2012 12:32:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Thank you.) Former. No problem. Now try to create a theme of a new modification of the AK - AK-12

That's what I'm talking about! And how about some info and photos for the AEK-971 & AN-94?

Regards
SS

Link Posted: 7/9/2012 1:30:56 AM EDT
[#14]
What kind of information is concerned? Photos and technical specifications lay out the evening with a home computer. With AEK had no case, and AN-94, we had a few units. Abakan I did not like - a capricious system of automation (for unreliability - as M4), poor ergonomics.
AEK-971, like the AN-94, in service is not worth it. Both were tested in the army. There is an analogue of the AEK-971 Izhmash - AK-107/AK-108 with the same system of automatic
Link Posted: 7/9/2012 7:20:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Razve - I sent you an Instant Message to respond about the 107/97/94, since this is the PKM forum I figured I was leading you off topic.

SS
Link Posted: 11/29/2012 3:13:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By BlueLogo:

I guessing this didn't work out too well. Hopefully someone had you move your support hand off the ejection port cover before you fired.

Was in the process of tucking her back into my shoulder- not firing it.

Carried these for 9 years from one end of Iraq to the other- 99 kinds of pissed I can't even get a semi version in the Peoples Republik of NY
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 4:46:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Here's a PK variant with a fluted barrel that I spotted at a Portland Oregon gun show.
It is set up as a dummy gun and has been rendered non-operational, apparently with "welds in the barrel" according to its current owner.
He was asking $2495 for it.

Link Posted: 9/9/2013 10:21:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Just came Friday....

VLTOR build, what an awesome gun.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 11:56:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Gunplumber] [#19]
sweet.  I like what you did with the sling.  MI now has their 2-screw adapter for an Uncle Mikes QD, I'm thinking of machining a groove in my stocks and installing one next to the oil bottle.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:31:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cookiemonster] [#20]
Thanks, It was really just me looking at what I had for a spare sling and jury-rigging  a way to make it work.  A little para cord, a small  alpine butterfly knot and voila!  Instant and cheap mount for a Magpul MS3!
Link Posted: 9/17/2013 5:38:51 AM EDT
[#21]
What was your wait time? I sent in the form 3's beginning of Aug for mine.
Link Posted: 9/17/2013 5:57:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/18/2013 1:07:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By viper5243:
What was your wait time? I sent in the form 3's beginning of Aug for mine.
View Quote

Started the process in April.  It takes a bit but totally worth the wait.

Link Posted: 3/2/2014 11:56:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: viper5243] [#24]
Picked it up 2-3 weeks ago. Paperwork got approved right after i built up a saw cut Bulgarian one. This one was a Hungarian imported by OOW. Man is it beautiful. I've been to the range the last 3 days in a row firing it. The barrel was shortened and had a YHM QD mount put on it. I believe it was 750RPM unsuppressed and 857 suppressed.

Link Posted: 3/3/2014 1:01:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Sweet pic viper, love the snowy backdrop. We need more pics of that bad boy.
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 1:32:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By 1911nick:
Sweet pic viper, love the snowy backdrop. We need more pics of that bad boy.
View Quote

Absolutly need more pictures of the beast.
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 1:49:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 7:11:40 AM EDT
[#28]
Took it out again today with the YHM Phantom QD.

Link Posted: 3/10/2014 4:32:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: smb980] [#29]

Wow! That is awesome

When you going again?!
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 5:40:25 PM EDT
[#30]

Originally Posted By smb980:

Wow! That is awesome  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By smb980:

Wow! That is awesome  

When you going again?!

I've been out quite a few times the lat 2-3 weeks. Pretty much any time you want to go out.

Link Posted: 3/10/2014 6:46:06 PM EDT
[#31]

I've always been a believer of not putting airsoft stuff on real guns. Unfortunatly there is not a lot of afterparket stuff for the PKM out there. Looking at the pics online i wasn't sure how this rail actually attached, so i wasn't sure if i had to use the top rail or not. Turns out the top rail is not needed as the mount tightens around the two knobs for mounting it to the tripod. The problem with the optic mount is that it puts it way too far forward for me and feels too much like a scout scope. That and i loose the quick change barrel feature. I can always keep it in the bag and attach it if i want to use it that particular trip.

Link Posted: 3/10/2014 9:48:42 PM EDT
[#32]
How do you like the Zenik rail? I looks good, but I can't imagine spending $400 on one. For half that there is a local mfg that will prototype and build me one. I am just weighing if it is worth it.

My other question is, did YHM have a standard QD mount for the PKM threads or did you add their threads when you cut it down? How does it do on FA fire? I have a couple of guns I am going to be converting (having the new rear trunnions made to take the Ace side folder now) and have been looking at a can for a FA gun.
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 11:43:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: viper5243] [#33]

How do you like the Zenik rail? I looks good, but I can't imagine spending $400 on one. For half that there is a local mfg that will prototype and build me one. I am just weighing if it is worth it.

My other question is, did YHM have a standard QD mount for the PKM threads or did you add their threads when you cut it down? How does it do on FA fire? I have a couple of guns I am going to be converting (having the new rear trunnions made to take the Ace side folder now) and have been looking at a can for a FA gun.

View Quote
You are thinking of the rail that quick connects onto the top cover. Those are way overpriced. For that much i can just buy a whole new top cover, or 3, and put a rail on it.

http://www.evike.com/products/46348/

I got the barrel as part of another kit and it was already on there. The phantom is great. I've run it on a bunch of different guns on auto over the past few years and never had any problems. It will increase your rate of fire by 100-150 rpm on the pkm. Just adjust your gas setting and you should be fine.

Link Posted: 3/11/2014 3:36:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Thx Brother. I tried IM'ing you but it came back.
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 5:14:32 PM EDT
[#35]

Thx Brother. I tried IM'ing you but it came back.
View Quote
No problem. I freed up some space. should go through now.

Link Posted: 8/5/2014 8:12:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 603Born] [#36]
The PKM rail dilemma....  Check these out for a super solid and reliable PKM Optics Rail.  

Over 4 years of getting beat up on vehicle patrols (mounted in the back of Hilux trucks) on those well maintained Afgan roads...

If you want to advertise here you need to be a paid advertiser.  dalesimpson
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 10:42:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: viper5243] [#37]
WOW. Bit pricey.

Do you have to remove your rear sight to install?

ETA: rear not front. not enough sleep

Link Posted: 8/6/2014 6:38:05 AM EDT
[#38]
No, only the rear sight is removed.  The installation instructions are the website.  It literally takes less than 5 minutes to install it.  When installed, it has a rear sight machined into the rail, so even if a optic isn't installed, you can use the weapon.  The integrated sight is zeroed at 100m.

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 12:17:48 PM EDT
[#39]
The B&T is expensive, but it works very well.

I've also bought a PKT topcover and machined my own rail for it.

A little lower, but a lot of work and I'm not sure it's any better than the B&T.

There is a discussion on it elsewhere in the PKM forum

Link Posted: 3/2/2016 4:58:37 PM EDT
[#40]

Here are my two.  The PKM is a reweld Hungarian PKM with Zenitco rail and grip.  The PKB is a numbers matching Soviet Kovrov Arsenal PKT converted into PKB.  I also have the original solenoid for it.  The mount is a Polish SG-43 wheeled mount with the wheels replaced by utility trailer wheels so I can tow it behind an ATV.

Link Posted: 4/24/2018 10:09:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Heres some Bulgarian PKM’s. Note the half fluted barrels.

Link Posted: 10/7/2019 5:48:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#42]
My current training gun.  Gun I'm assuming started life as a PKB (aircrew gun with spade grips) that as some point made into a PKM for ground use here in Afghanistan.  Gun was made in 1983.  You can see the welded plates for the buttstock and bipod added.  Notice safety on right side (PKB/PKT) instead of the left (PKM), also no trunions for a tripod on the gas cylinder.  Do need a new set of wood pistol grips as these are falling apart.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

CD
Link Posted: 10/7/2019 5:53:21 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 10/7/2019 6:22:48 AM EDT
[#44]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Couple PKMs on the way to get demilled
Attachment Attached File

CD
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 9:37:24 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:

Couple PKMs on the way to get demilled

CD
View Quote
No way you can poach parts to keep your training gun running or keep them in inventory altogether?
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 12:48:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By juan223:

No way you can poach parts to keep your training gun running or keep them in inventory altogether?
View Quote
Just depends on the owner of the guns.

CD
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Tacked PKM Pic Thread (Page 2 of 2)
Page AK-47 » RPK / RPD / PKM
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top