BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » New AK Products
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/15/2016 4:42:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PalmettoStateArmory]
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 1:26:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Are these actually in stock? I checked them out yesterday not long after receiving the email and they were already out of stock.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 3:27:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Yet another AKM clone billed as a 47.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 6:18:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By pipboy344:
Yet another AKM clone billed as a 47.
View Quote

who cares? akm is better anyway, and is the accepted connotation of Ak47 pretty much anywhere
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 7:33:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Out of stock ... Price? Not seeing it at the link above..
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 11:08:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PalmettoStateArmory] [#5]
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 11:19:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: engineer2001] [#6]
Please make more than a dozen next time.  

And did Rob Ski get to torture one yet?
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 2:26:07 PM EDT
[#7]
I managed to get one before they sold out. Should be here on the 21st. I'll let y'all know what I think.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 2:56:54 PM EDT
[#8]
OST for initial reviews.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 2:58:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 4:18:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Are barreled receivers and Parts kits going to be available again?

If ROB Approves ill buy one.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 11:44:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Got an email that more were in stock and gone when I got there.  Wow.
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 7:58:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By AL1EN:
View Quote

He has one and is starting the 5000-rd test.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nndf9P84Ztg
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 10:59:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By engineer2001:

He has one and is starting the 5000-rd test.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nndf9P84Ztg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AL1EN:

I Seen that! looks good so far!
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 8:22:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Rob turned into an AR tester and forgot about this AK somehow.  He seems to be enjoying his two ARs more than the AKs.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 12:56:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Rob turned into an AR tester and forgot about this AK somehow.  He seems to be enjoying his two ARs more than the AKs.
View Quote

He posted that he's branching out into various types of firearms, but AK's will always be his main focus.
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 1:18:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Well it survived the 5000 round test: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULWb-83QW_c
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 10:49:48 AM EDT
[#17]
I'm picking up one of the new FIME Group Vept AK-47's but I would buy one of these PSA AK's if the side folder does come out. I've been wanting a side folder in a Khyber Pass configuration for a while but I've never wanted to shell out the money to convert one of my existing AK's.

I like the Trunnion puzzle thingy so we can swap out the stocks, look like a good idea. Will the rifle already have the notch cut for the folder latch, pin and spring? I want a true latching stock. If not, please release an AK with the correct style stock installed already and you got my business.
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 10:57:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Sweet, I just put it on my birthday/Christmas list
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 11:28:29 AM EDT
[#19]
So barreled recivers are we getting them?
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 2:19:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HKUSPShooter] [#20]
With KVAR's announcement of their Arsenal 107-11 for only $850, who in their right mind would order a Palmetto/DDI AK now??
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 10:46:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By HKUSPShooter:
With KVAR's announcement of their Arsenal 107-11 for only $850, who in their right mind would order a Palmetto/DDI AK now??
View Quote

Freedom-loving Americans who want American industry and the AK makers therein to succeed and the foreigners to come in second?
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 10:54:14 PM EDT
[#22]

Freedom-loving Americans who want American industry and the AK makers therein to succeed and the foreigners to come in second?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HKUSPShooter:

...and made in the grear State of South Carolina!
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 6:26:21 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 11:56:38 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By engineer2001:Freedom-loving Americans who want American industry and the AK makers therein to succeed and the foreigners to come in second?
View Quote

I want the PSA AK to be the best AK ever made... And American AKs to dominate. The problem is that it isn't / won't. Lots of issues piling up right now with these. I'm waiting for gen 3.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 10:59:15 AM EDT
[#25]
What are the issues that are piling up?
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 2:32:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jekbrown] [#26]
People are getting cast carriers when forged were promised. People are getting carriers that look like they were made in a Pakistani gas station. Mags won't fit. Mag release pivot pins falling out after simple mag testing, not even firing, handguard grooves that aren't compatible with any known surplus handguard etc. I'm not saying all of their AKs share all these problems, but there have been photo documented cases of all of the above.

I believe PSA will make a good product in the AK space...I'm just going to wait for all the kinks to be worked out.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 6:47:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By jekbrown:
People are getting cast carriers when forged were promised. People are getting carriers that look like they were made in a Pakistani gas station. Mags won't fit. Mag release pivot pins falling out after simple mag testing, not even firing, handguard grooves that aren't compatible with any known surplus handguard etc. I'm not saying all of their AKs share all these problems, but there have been photo documented cases of all of the above.

I believe PSA will make a good product in the AK space...I'm just going to wait for all the kinks to be worked out.
View Quote

This is exactly what I'm doing... waiting. When they announced the new barreled receivers, I saw this as the least expensive way to "fix" the POS Gen. 1 barreled receiver I have from them. But I'm not going to be an early adopter again. Six months from now, if PSA is still selling these things, and people aren't having problems, I'll consider one.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 2:14:36 AM EDT
[#28]
Well, now that members have pointed out the problems/lies with the PSA AK47, that is the last we will hear from PSA in this thread.
They have a way of vanishing when we point out their lies...
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 1:04:38 AM EDT
[#29]
What is the surface finish on these rifles?  More to the point, will Duracoat/Gunkote/MolyResin stick to it?
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 1:39:48 AM EDT
[#30]

I want the PSA AK to be the best AK ever made... And American AKs to dominate. The problem is that it isn't / won't. Lots of issues piling up right now with these. I'm waiting for gen 3.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By engineer2001:Freedom-loving Americans who want American industry and the AK makers therein to succeed and the foreigners to come in second?

American AK's will never dominate, not when there are century(s)-old military factories who have been making ak's on an assembly line for 70 years.  Their methods are refined and their labor is cheap.

It's just never going to happen.

It's like hoping some guy in a garage in Fiji will design and produce the next great passenger airliner.  i.e. Behind the curve in all facets.  

Good for PSA for trying, but I'd prefer they stop so they can keep prices low on AR stuff and ammo, etc.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 3:04:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jekbrown] [#31]
Anyone saying that we "can't" make high quality and inexpensive AKs here in the USA hasn't been paying attention to the gun market very long. Just look at what has happened with ARs in this country. You can get SO much more for so much less $ in the AR space than you could in decades past. Even the cheapest AR is better quality gear than a commie AK. We can manufacture them if we want to, it just might take some trial / error. It took the Soviets 10 years to perfect stamped AKs. My guess is, we'll pull it off in much less time than that.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 3:45:40 AM EDT
[#32]
the problem is that the commie countries have had DECADES of sunk costs already there and in place, and not only that they have labor that's 1/10th the cost of ours. we CAN make good AKs, but the parts and labor required to do so would make it 2-3x the cost of a combloc gun and right now the American AK mfgers are trying to compete on price, which means sacrificing quality. The reason ARs are so cheap over here is because 1. we've been doing it for decades, and 2. An AR is built so that a blind monkey can put it together like link-n-logs. An AK requiress hours of riveting, welding, and bending things just right to work properly. It's easy, but time consuming and that time = labor costs. When you have soviets or romanian's workiing for a bowl of potatoes and a shot of vodka all day vs. a skilled laboror at $30/hr... it adds up quickly

and lol at the idea the the cheapest AR is higher quality than a combloc AK... there's a reason the AK is considered the most rugged gun in the world
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 8:03:34 PM EDT
[#33]
We make "great" AKs. IO and Blackhart are top notch!
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 10:34:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By FASTMTREE:
We make "great" AKs. IO and Blackhart are top notch!
View Quote
You forgot your sarcastic smiley?
Page AK-47 » New AK Products
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top