BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » New AK Products
AK Sponsor: palmetto
ALG AK Trigger !! (Page 2 of 3)
Page / 3
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 4:31:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Just finished installing an AKT in my WASR-10. Easy install, just take your time fitting the safety roll pin. On my trigger pull gauge, it averaged 2lbs, 9 oz for five pulls. I'm impressed!
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 9:04:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 9:23:03 AM EDT
[#3]
What's going to be the approximate trigger pull weight of these triggers?
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 9:36:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 10:43:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: gajp] [#5]
Product Overview:

Installation:

Link Posted: 6/22/2015 11:06:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Awesome video, should deff help potential customers on the fence make a solid decision. I love my AKT!
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 11:25:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By gajp:
Product Overview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0yO0KMBfVw

Installation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TKfefE40l8
View Quote

Is his wife really Amish and can't be photographed? lol
Awesome videos.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 11:37:05 AM EDT
[#8]
My Pap M92 needed the roll pin installed.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 3:24:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Just got mine installed on my NDS-2SF receiver, the rifle is a krinkov SBR, here's what I found

The trigger is awesome feeling, can't wait to hit the range

My trigger DID NOT need the roll pin, HOWEVER, when I installed a Krebs custom safety, the trigger would engage while the safety was in the safe selection, so therefore it would need a roll pin had I switched over to the kreb's safety

be wary of switching out safeties everyone, this could affect whether you need roll pins or not
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 3:25:44 PM EDT
[#10]
I installed this trigger last week,and I must say, it's as smooth as the krebs modified trigger in my AK103K-S, the break however isnt even comparable, it's consistant and crisp, and reset is short. It's the best ak trigger I've ever felt.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:30:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Of the guys that have installed these, has anyone tested the pull weight?
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 10:08:29 AM EDT
[#12]
I had an E on pre order and after feeling the AKT in person I changed to that trigger.  It felt great, and I didn't feel the need for the E.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 11:46:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Does anyone know if the ALG trigger is compatible with the Yugo underfolder (M70AB2T)? Yugo's can be quirky and wanted to see if anyone has already installed one.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 12:06:46 PM EDT
[#14]
It should be, I have tapco triggers in my yugos and they are the same ones I have in other AK's so no issues there
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 2:22:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks MAK...no I just have to find one.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 10:06:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Boris_the_Blade] [#16]
Installed with ease in my OPAP.  Try Valhalla Tactical, that's where I got mine.  Shipped quickly too.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 9:53:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Patiently waiting for the AKT-E...
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:12:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ORD] [#18]

Originally Posted By cochraneap:

Patiently waiting for the AKT-E...
View Quote

I fall into this camp as well.  

I've had the chance to install and test fire an AKT for a friend of mine and it is difficult for me to imagine an AK trigger like the AKT-E that features a crisper trigger along with any shorter a reset than the AKT already offers.  I've come to expect great things from Geissele/ALG so I'm sure that the AKT-E will be no different...only time will tell as to whether the enhanced version will prove to be worth the wait/added cost for a couple rifle upgrades or if the AKT better fill the bill.  Just not so sure I want/need a "precision" rifle trigger in any AK-pattern rifle, but I'll wait and see before passing judgment.

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:29:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Vortech347] [#19]
My AKM has a double hook Tapco G2 in it from the factory and it's a good trigger.  It's miles better than the gritty factory triggers in my Colt ARs.

But if this ALG trigger is even better then I'm curious.

But I'm a AK noob so I don't know if it's kosher to put a single hook trigger in a receiver cut for a double hook.

What says the hive?

Oh and one last little thread hijack.  Please ALG offer a large pin AR trigger for us older Colt owners.  I can't justify a $250+ G trigger.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 3:55:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Single hook in a double hook is plenty kosher, doing it the other way around means cutting your receiver to fit the extra hook and is therefore not kosher
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 4:27:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Yeah understand the difference.  

Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:46:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By MAKAK47:
Single hook in a double hook is plenty kosher, doing it the other way around means cutting your receiver to fit the extra hook and is therefore not kosher
View Quote

Actually you can fit a double hook into a  receiver cut for a single work by filing on the leg of the double hook. Works quite well to eliminate over travel.
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 10:59:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By INTrooper4255:
View Quote

mine came in at 2.25 lb straight out of the bag.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 7:09:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Is it ok to use these with Damage Industries' hammer spring? Anybody have this combo? Would this spring increase or decrease the pull weight vs. the factory spring?

Link Posted: 7/10/2015 8:49:05 PM EDT
[#25]
ItalianPrincess,

When are you planning to release more of the AKT?  How about the AKT-E?

I can't find any at the retailers...

Link Posted: 7/11/2015 9:19:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: INTrooper4255] [#26]
Originally Posted By bigguy130584:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bigguy130584:
Originally Posted By INTrooper4255:

Wow, that's a little too light for my taste.  My Tapco is about 3.8 lbs and I think it's too light also.
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 11:22:45 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By beanz2:
ItalianPrincess,

When are you planning to release more of the AKT?  How about the AKT-E?

I can't find any at the retailers...

View Quote

+1. Finally get my fun money in and everyone is out.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 2:41:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 10:35:30 AM EDT
[#29]
are you guys going to make a two stage trigger?
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 4:24:05 PM EDT
[#30]
I cancelled my enhanced and received the AKt the other day.  Had to file the roll pin a little fit for perfect fit in my  M92 Pap, but it is a huge improvement.  I haven't used a trigger gauge, but it is light.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 8:17:20 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 8:19:25 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 8:39:56 AM EDT
[#33]

Originally Posted By ItalianPrincess:
You can remove the main spring and bend each leg down in 5 – 10 degree increments, clockwise at the bend point, immediately after the coil, with a pair of pliers to increase the pull weight. Let me know if this helps.

View All Quotes

Originally Posted By TeeRex:

I cancelled my enhanced and received the AKt the other day.  Had to file the roll pin a little fit for perfect fit in my  M92 Pap, but it is a huge improvement.  I haven't used a trigger gauge, but it is light.

You can remove the main spring and bend each leg down in 5 – 10 degree increments, clockwise at the bend point, immediately after the coil, with a pair of pliers to increase the pull weight. Let me know if this helps.

No need. I like it perfectly how it is.

Link Posted: 7/26/2015 1:36:07 AM EDT
[#34]
Tactical  cool
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 2:21:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KillerBD] [#35]
AKT in stock here:

http://rifledynamics.com/collections/ak-accessories/products/alg-defense-akt-trigger-group

Leaps out of the stampede's path
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 2:08:57 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By KillerBD:
AKT in stock here:

http://rifledynamics.com/collections/ak-accessories/products/alg-defense-akt-trigger-group

Leaps out of the stampede's path
View Quote

Snagged one, Thanks!!
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 5:23:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Same here. Thanks for the link.
I got my shipping notification today.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:17:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Is there a post or video explaining the differences between the this trigger and the enhanced?  I thought I saw something a while back when triggers were first announced.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 6:59:54 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By aestus:
Is there a post or video explaining the differences between the this trigger and the enhanced?  I thought I saw something a while back when triggers were first announced.
View Quote

So far, all I've seen is "AKT-E will have an even lighter pull & shorter reset than the AKT + nickel-boron coating."

Sure wish they would start shipping...
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 3:11:56 AM EDT
[#40]

Hi Makak47,
We don't have plans to make a two stage trigger but, you never know what the future holds.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MAKAK47:
are you guys going to make a two stage trigger?

Hi Makak47,
We don't have plans to make a two stage trigger but, you never know what the future holds.

Question, just as the AR clone builders won't drop one of the flat triggers you make in there AR because it takes away from the look they are trying to replicate, do you have any future plans to make an AK trigger without the squared lighting bow back? Something along the lines of a traditional AK looking trigger. I love my new ALG trigger in my Arsenal SLR AK, but admit one would look awfully out of place on my wood stocked old Yugo AK that has that early 80's look to it. I would love to see a traditional trigger shaped offering.
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 4:33:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 7:11:39 PM EDT
[#42]
I ordered one from AIM.  Came in today.

I think it was a bad idea.....now I have to sell all my other triggers and buy a crapload of these.

Will the enhanced version cut down on creep?  Or is that just inherent to the design of the AK FCG?
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 10:08:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By ArmedFerret:
I ordered one from AIM.  Came in today.

I think it was a bad idea.....now I have to sell all my other triggers and buy a crapload of these.

Will the enhanced version cut down on creep?  Or is that just inherent to the design of the AK FCG?
View Quote

While we are at it, any ETA on E versions?
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 3:39:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Got my new DDI Stamped AK and my AKT trigger yesterday. Attempted to install my trigger and discovered that the notch cut in the bottom of the receiver that allows the trigger to move back and forth on its fulcrum is too short to allow this due to the square cut on the bottom of the trigger underneath the hook (for lack of a better description). Not so much a gripe or critique but I wanted others to be aware that this was the case. It no fitty
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 5:10:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: avatarhammer] [#45]
If you're  the DIY type, a little Dremel action will take care of it.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 3:33:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By avatarhammer:
If you're  the DIY type, a little Dremel action will take care of it.
View Quote

Yeah, I'm not opposed to breaking out the Dremel in most instances. I hesitate on something as important as my trigger. Perhaps Italian Princess or someone on the ALG side of things could weigh in on this?
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 11:38:11 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 12:35:53 PM EDT
[#48]
I got "inspected" by an off-duty person at the range on saturday.

Seems the AKT loves bumpfiring.  So much so that someone *JUST KNEW!* I had one of them illegal assault machine guns.

Lulz.

Keep it up folks.  I love this thing.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 2:37:16 PM EDT
[#49]

Please send us a picture of the trigger well to [email protected]

Thank you!
View Quote

Email sent. I appreciate the response.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 11:58:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By IngeniousBastard:
Attempted to install my trigger and discovered that the notch cut in the bottom of the receiver that allows the trigger to move back and forth on its fulcrum is too short to allow this due to the square cut on the bottom of the trigger underneath the hook (for lack of a better description). Not so much a gripe or critique but I wanted others to be aware that this was the case. It no fitty
View Quote

I just got my ALG Trigger today and installed it into my WASR.  I thought I was going to have the same problem when I test fit it, but when I fully installed it, it worked great.

I did end up having to install and then grind down the roll pin that makes contact with the safety.  I probably had to grind about .10 off the pin.

After I got it in, I tried the trigger and even though it had a light pull, it was very short and crisp, with virtually no creep.   ALG is now including an auxiliary spring to tighten up the trigger pull a bit, so I then installed that spring and the trigger pull felt about a pound heavier.  VERY NICE!!!  I think I'll leave that spring in for now.

I also found a video from ALG on Youtube that shows how to install this trigger, but it was a bit long-winded and I ended up just reading the well-thought-out instructions that came with the trigger.

I had a Tapco G2 trigger before this one.  The G2 had a nice pull, but it had some serious trigger slap.  According to ALG, their trigger completely eliminates trigger slap.

I'll be going shooting in four days so I'll report back on how it works.
Page / 3
ALG AK Trigger !! (Page 2 of 3)
Page AK-47 » New AK Products
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top