User Panel

Page AK-47 » New AK Products
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Magpul AK Furniture (Page 6 of 9)
Page / 9
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 5:57:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Making it hot for you.

I picked up the stock and too bad it won't work on my Arsenal milled receiver.  Otherwise it really looks really great, but even better if it had fit.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 9:41:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you Ryo!!

cheers

tire iron
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 11:04:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sublimeon24s] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By tire_iron:
Thank you Ryo!!

cheers

tire iron
View Quote

Awesome video, thanks!

I was very concerned about accuracy possibly being affected, since the only other time I tried a handguard that clamped to the barrel (midwest industries), I experienced a significant change in group sizes. I finally took mine out with the Zhukov handguard to the range yesterday and did a few concentrated shots then a 90 round / 3 mag dump back to back as fast as I could. Here are my observations / opinion of the handguard:

-Accuracy during concentrated shots did not seem affected at all, or any different then my previous setup consisting of the Ultimak and K-Var standard lower handguard (I no longer have the ultimak so i was running the regular gas tube yesterday)

-Accuracy during the 3 mag dumps as fast as I could pull the trigger was better then it ever was. The balance of the rifle was much better with less muzzle rise due to the increased weight.

-Although the weight deff helps as mentioned above, this thing adds about a pound to your rifle, and you will notice it

-During the 3 mag dump, the handguard did a great job with the heat in comparison to what the K-var would have felt like. Got pretty warm, but I was able to hold it with no gloves.

-Everything remained bolted up rock solid, nothing loosened up at all

I love the thing.........I did not like the appearance of it originally but it slowly grew on me and now I love the look. I really like the extended reach to control the weapon, and all the options it gives you with the M-lok slots. My light is in the perfect place up front on the handguard and I get absolutely no shadow or spill at all. my AK feels like an entirely different beast
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 9:35:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Sublimeon24s:

Awesome video, thanks!

I was very concerned about accuracy possibly being affected, since the only other time I tried a handguard that clamped to the barrel (midwest industries), I experienced a significant change in group sizes. I finally took mine out with the Zhukov handguard to the range yesterday and did a few concentrated shots then a 90 round / 3 mag dump back to back as fast as I could. Here are my observations / opinion of the handguard:

-Accuracy during concentrated shots did not seem affected at all, or any different then my previous setup consisting of the Ultimak and K-Var standard lower handguard (I no longer have the ultimak so i was running the regular gas tube yesterday)

-Accuracy during the 3 mag dumps as fast as I could pull the trigger was better then it ever was. The balance of the rifle was much better with less muzzle rise due to the increased weight.

-Although the weight deff helps as mentioned above, this thing adds about a pound to your rifle, and you will notice it

-During the 3 mag dump, the handguard did a great job with the heat in comparison to what the K-var would have felt like. Got pretty warm, but I was able to hold it with no gloves.

I love the thing.........I did not like the appearance of it originally but it slowly grew on me and now I love the look. I really like the extended reach to control the weapon, and all the options it gives you with the M-lok slots. My light is in the perfect place up front on the handguard and I get absolutely no shadow or spill at all. my AK feels like an entirely different beast
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By tire_iron:
Thank you Ryo!!

cheers

tire iron

Awesome video, thanks!

Thank you for the kind words!  I am glad you enjoyed the video and it is encouraging that you had very similar results to mine.  My review was sample of one - and now your experience shows it may be a trend instead of a one time fluke.

Thanks again for posting this.

cheers

tire iron
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 12:14:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Has anyone experienced the handguard moving once installed and tightened down? For some reason even tightened slightly more than the 40 in lbs recommended amount, I feel the grip & aluminum sleeve moving.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 7:59:37 AM EDT
[#6]
I have had zero movement on mine. Got nearly 500 through it running drills and it is as tight as it was right after install.

cheers

tire iron
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 8:53:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By OnlytheTip:
Has anyone experienced the handguard moving once installed and tightened down? For some reason even tightened slightly more than the 40 in lbs recommended amount, I feel the grip & aluminum sleeve moving.
View Quote

negative........did you use locktite?  I did not even remember the 40lbs thing, I just soaked each screw in locktite and tightened until the wrench was about to snap in half
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 3:01:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey Magpul, any chance of an update on expected time frame for the MOE stocks?
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 8:35:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Dragynn:
Hey Magpul, any chance of an update on expected time frame for the MOE stocks?
View Quote

This.  I have been waiting ever since you announced them.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 10:45:41 PM EDT
[#10]
I still need to find a plum MOE grip.

Link Posted: 5/31/2015 9:47:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Looks like the Zhukov folder will work for all those AKs with cut tangs. Plus you can fit a QR swivel mount to the access hole with a little reaming. Not sure how strong it is but it feels pretty tough to me.

Link Posted: 6/2/2015 10:34:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By avatarhammer:
Looks like the Zhukov folder will work for all those AKs with cut tangs. Plus you can fit a QR swivel mount to the access hole with a little reaming. Not sure how strong it is but it feels pretty tough to me.

View Quote

They only work with cut tangs????
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 10:50:45 AM EDT
[#13]

Didn't have to cut tangs to install mine - and the QR swivel fits into the rear socket without any modification - so...
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 11:08:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By p-dog:

Didn't have to cut tangs to install mine - and the QR swivel fits into the rear socket without any modification - so...
View Quote

Didn't think you had to cut the tangs off for it to install.... I was only buying the folding stock for my Bulgy 74.

I've been around since magpul was just and only making, well, real Mag Pulls...... Honestly have to say that this is my official first purchase of a Magpul Product voluntarily. I own a few Magpul Pmags, but they were given to me.

I love my AK's and every single AK I have all have folding stocks so the folding mechanism is the only reason I purchased this product. Folding or collapsible stocks in autos are almost a necessity. If my AR's would fold and still work, I would have them all folding stocks as well.

Link Posted: 6/2/2015 2:24:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: avatarhammer] [#15]
Originally Posted By rogue007:

Didn't think you had to cut the tangs off for it to install.... I was only buying the folding stock for my Bulgy 74.

I've been around since magpul was just and only making, well, real Mag Pulls...... Honestly have to say that this is my official first purchase of a Magpul Product voluntarily. I own a few Magpul Pmags, but they were given to me.

I love my AK's and every single AK I have all have folding stocks so the folding mechanism is the only reason I purchased this product. Folding or collapsible stocks in autos are almost a necessity. If my AR's would fold and still work, I would have them all folding stocks as well.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By rogue007:
Originally Posted By p-dog:

No need to cut it. I was just letting everyone know that it works w/o the tang on there if you did something stupid in the past.

And if you ream the acess hole you can get a QR socket in the access hole if there is no tang there.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 6:04:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Seriously Magpul chime in, we're itching for those MOE stocks to ship! Anyone hear anything?
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 11:44:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By seej333:
Seriously Magpul chime in, we're itching for those MOE stocks to ship! Anyone hear anything?
View Quote

PSA has them on their new AKs they started shipping today. That's the first sign I've seen of them.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 1:13:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lilMAC25] [#18]
How about AK MOE K2+'s?

Just put a K2+ on my AR SBR and I love it,
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 4:20:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Notyouratty:

PSA has them on their new AKs they started shipping today. That's the first sign I've seen of them.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Notyouratty:

Well they obviously have them then, but here it is June and none for retail. I'm guessing they have plenty, but are holding off hoping as man of the guys that want them get tired of waiting, and give up and buy the more expensive Zhukov stock.

I used to work retail, this is pretty SOP, lame stuff that.
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 4:30:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Love my Z-Stock.

Link Posted: 6/12/2015 2:18:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Just great. Called Magpul and asked them why the delay on MOE AK stock. They said they were having manufacturing issues and because I told them about mid-May projection on their website. They changed it to July 2015. Grr
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 3:13:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Gone_Shootin] [#22]
Originally Posted By ChaZ:
Just great. Called Magpul and asked them why the delay on MOE AK stock. They said they were having manufacturing issues and because I told them about mid-May projection on their website. They changed it to July 2015. Grr
View Quote

Like somebody said in the Rem 700 stock thread, the issues that reared their head with the Glock mag may be why other things are being held up.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 1:20:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: seej333] [#23]

I'm digging the mix of a K-Var stock with the Zhukov handguard....maybe I'm just getting tired of the wait for the MOE stock though
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 8:48:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Just got mine installed on my 5.45 Saiga. Installation was very straight forward and solid. I will echo what others have said that it is a great feeling hand guard and I'm absolutely happy with my purchase. Nothing rivals it for the $84 I got it for. Here is a pic...magpul stock and conversion to come. I was going to swap out the gas tube for an AK74 one, but this handguard looks clean with the Saiga tube IMO.

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn310/seej333/D7F5279A-5AE9-4BAD-B91D-AE642551D7F6.jpg
View Quote

Thanks for posting the pic.  I agree it looks clean with the Saiga gas tube.

Just ordered the handguard to go with mine and was thinking it would look good.

5.56 by David Pyzik, on Flickr
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 12:01:44 AM EDT
[#25]
Sweet pic!
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 7:02:08 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 5:37:31 PM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

July, yet PSA already got theirs??? Does this mean there is something wrong with the stocks that got put on the PSA guns? Or just having trouble making more?

I'd buy a take-off from one of those rifles if someone was looking at putting a different stock on it, but not if there's a defect in them, some clarification from Magpul would be nice.

Starting to actually like the Tapco I stuck on the WASR in the meantime, works fine and length is about right.
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 6:30:29 PM EDT
[#28]

Nice! Which stock adaptor is that?
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 12:45:03 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Gone_Shootin:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Gone_Shootin:

Rifle Dynamics
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 8:33:18 AM EDT
[#30]

Has anyone installed a Zhukov handguard on any AK variant equipped with an underfolder?

I've scoured ARFCOM and the Internet in general in search of info/issues/pics/etc. and my search-fu is failing me as I'm sure somebody has come across this issue by now.

I'm specifically interested in any compatibility issues with the underfolder being able to fully collapse/fold up given the Zhukov's dimensions.  Also, I'm concerned about the increase in forward/muzzle weight that comes with the Zhukov's nearly 1lb weight throwing off the rifle's balance (especially as mine is equipped with an UltiMak and RDS up front already).

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Link Posted: 6/17/2015 10:36:40 AM EDT
[#31]
Anyone know when the plum grips will be shipping from magpul? I ordered one off there site this weekend and it hasnt gone out yet.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 5:29:31 AM EDT
[#32]
I would love a 20rd AK pmag.  The Tapco 20s are so ugly and almost the size of a 30, and the Promags are complete crap.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 3:34:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 7:51:50 AM EDT
[#34]
Ugh, I cannot wait to chop the barrel and move the front sight back.

Magphucked by David Pyzik, on Flickr
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 4:33:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Interesting... At Magpul's website, they added more better and clearer pictures of their MOE AK stock. Also noticed that the box with black color no longer has "X" over it. Wonder if it means black ones are now being sent to major suppliers?
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 5:27:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Interesting... At Magpul's website, they added more better and clearer pictures of their MOE AK stock. Also noticed that the box with black color no longer has "X" over it. Wonder if it means black ones are now being sent to major suppliers?
View Quote

Per another site they are saying maybe the end of this month, otherwise beginning of next.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 11:04:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: B62stew] [#37]
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/20/2015 9:37:37 AM EDT
[#38]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By B62stew:

https://p.gr-assets.com/540x540/fit/hostedimages/1380431104/864872.gif

LoL! Yeah them magpul stuff are like cracks for us addicted. :-)
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 9:32:23 PM EDT
[#39]

Originally Posted By Pyzik:

https://c4.staticflickr.com/8/7763/16802578533_82c4871768_k.jpg5.56 by David Pyzik, on Flickr
View All Quotes

Just got mine installed on my 5.45 Saiga. Installation was very straight forward and solid. I will echo what others have said that it is a great feeling hand guard and I'm absolutely happy with my purchase. Nothing rivals it for the $84 I got it for. Here is a pic...magpul stock and conversion to come. I was going to swap out the gas tube for an AK74 one, but this handguard looks clean with the Saiga tube IMO.

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn310/seej333/D7F5279A-5AE9-4BAD-B91D-AE642551D7F6.jpg

https://c4.staticflickr.com/8/7763/16802578533_82c4871768_k.jpg5.56 by David Pyzik, on Flickr
Does your charging handle hit the stock? I've tried everything and I cannot get the charging handle to clear the stock. Every other stock fits perfectly, but the Magpul Zhukov when folded interferes with the function of the gun. Even Magpul cannot come up with an answer.

Link Posted: 6/21/2015 12:11:12 PM EDT
[#40]
Does your charging handle hit the stock? I've tried everything and I cannot get the charging handle to clear the stock. Every other stock fits perfectly, but the Magpul Zhukov when folded interferes with the function of the gun. Even Magpul cannot come up with an answer.

View All Quotes

My SAR1 bolt handle doesn't touch at all when cycling.  I spoke to the Magpul guys at the NRA show & they said it would hit the higher risers but would push the stock out a little bit & still cycle. Do you have a riser on?
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 2:07:12 AM EDT
[#41]
Poof done
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 12:00:48 PM EDT
[#42]

Like the HG , Who's is it? (Besides Your's)
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 12:13:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Damn! My LGS has the stocks in - I'm REALLY resisting the urge to slap all that on my 5.45 Bulgy.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 12:39:49 PM EDT
[#44]

View All Quotes

Zenit
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 12:43:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Was wondering if you still have enough clearance with the charging handle extension and the stock folded?

Originally Posted By nyati13:
I still need to find a plum MOE grip.

http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac257/nyati13/20150529_212710_zpsnjkjw1ui.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/22/2015 4:13:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Nope, it won't clear the stock when folded.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 10:36:00 PM EDT
[#47]

Zenit
View All Quotes

Zenit

Correct Zenit B30 Lower and B31C upper hand guard. It's a Polish from Atlantic Arms with nickle coated carrier , 1979 Trunion / parts kit I assume
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 1:45:14 AM EDT
[#48]

Originally Posted By Intune69:

My SAR1 bolt handle doesn't touch at all when cycling.  I spoke to the Magpul guys at the NRA show & they said it would hit the higher risers but would push the stock out a little bit & still cycle. Do you have a riser on?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Intune69:

No riser, I don't know if it would function with the stock folded. Hopefully it would push the stock, but I need to shoot it to see. If it will not function than I'm going to regret chopping off my handguard retainer, because the only way I'll keep it this way is the full Zhukov look.

Link Posted: 6/23/2015 7:51:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ChaZ] [#49]
Magpul website will NOW accept your order for black MOE AK stocks!

Edited to add: All other colors are also listed as being shipped to distributors
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 11:26:49 AM EDT
[#50]
Anyone know if the Zhukov stock will fold if you have a tromix or zeny charging handle extension?
Page / 9
Magpul AK Furniture (Page 6 of 9)
Page AK-47 » New AK Products
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top