User Panel

Page AK-47 » New AK Products
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Magpul AK Furniture (Page 4 of 9)
Page / 9
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 11:50:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Awesome that the furniture is OTW, just sucks that the M3 AK Pmags are pushed back by a few months and WILL NOT be shippig with the Furniture.

Not sure if a statement was made on here by a Magpul rep about it or not, I found out via email with Magpul.

Well, the only good side to it is that they are apparently doing even more to make the magazine "The Best" that they possibly can so hopefully it'll be superior when finally released.

It's Likely STILL in R&D stages.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 6:21:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Herk308:
http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii168/Herk308/6b19ec63-f48b-43a2-8561-ff6c3214190f.jpg

A lot longer and slightly thinner than the OEM hand guard, both of which are positive things. The places to attach lights and sling mounts are gonna get used fo' sho'. Maybe a VFG too (we'll see how the ergos are for activating the light).

Installation was a bit of a pain. If any of you alls get one then tighten the four long screws that attach the heat shield to the barrel just enough to hold it in place but make sure that it can still slide back and forth a bit. Then install the plastic cover and make sure that it lines up correctly. Finally, get at the mounting screws through the holes in the bottom of the hand guard with your Allen wrench once the plastic cover and the heat shield are properly aligned.

Haven't shot with it yet, but I'll correct that on Saturday.
View Quote

Awesome!

Can't wait to see more pictures/videos of unboxing all magpul stuff on internet so that'll help us understand what you were talking about.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 11:03:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By CapBailey:

How'd you already get one?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CapBailey:
Originally Posted By Herk308:
http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii168/Herk308/6b19ec63-f48b-43a2-8561-ff6c3214190f.jpg

A lot longer and slightly thinner than the OEM hand guard, both of which are positive things. The places to attach lights and sling mounts are gonna get used fo' sho'. Maybe a VFG too (we'll see how the ergos are for activating the light).

Installation was a bit of a pain. If any of you alls get one then tighten the four long screws that attach the heat shield to the barrel just enough to hold it in place but make sure that it can still slide back and forth a bit. Then install the plastic cover and make sure that it lines up correctly. Finally, get at the mounting screws through the holes in the bottom of the hand guard with your Allen wrench once the plastic cover and the heat shield are properly aligned.

Haven't shot with it yet, but I'll correct that on Saturday.

How'd you already get one?

+1 For this ^^
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 1:04:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I work for a Magpul dealer and as soon as I learned about the Zhukov handguard I made sure to pre-order one.  I imagine they will be in stores soon.

I should do a vid or pics of how to assemble it; I just threw it together as soon as it showed up 'cause I was too excited to wait!  

I've got a busy weekend but I'll see if I can fit that in somehow.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 1:50:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Awesome
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 9:23:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By nighttrainnc:
Awesome that the furniture is OTW, just sucks that the M3 AK Pmags are pushed back by a few months and WILL NOT be shippig with the Furniture.

Not sure if a statement was made on here by a Magpul rep about it or not, I found out via email with Magpul.

Well, the only good side to it is that they are apparently doing even more to make the magazine "The Best" that they possibly can so hopefully it'll be superior when finally released.

It's Likely STILL in R&D stages.
View Quote

Don't care how long it takes.  For the price I can get three steel mags.  I like Magpul a lot but don't know what they are thinking with these mags.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 1:02:51 AM EDT
[#7]
First review!

Finally a video that shows up close of AK furnitures.

https://www.full30.com/video/18dc2b5ef9b6d4be5de5481b54b36482
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 9:10:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Does anybody have them yet?

I only want the Zhukov stock in plum
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 9:21:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By rogue007:

View Quote

I ordered a Zhukov in black from Midway.  They didn't have the other colors yet.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 10:55:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By wav3form:

I ordered a Zhukov in black from Midway.  They didn't have the other colors yet.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By wav3form:
Originally Posted By rogue007:

Are the other colors shipping now or later?
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 11:21:23 PM EDT
[#11]
I got my shipping notices today for black and pretty sure plum. (not 100% sure on plum though)
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 2:41:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KL1CK] [#12]
I just got my handguard in Stealth Grey from DSG ..I preordered mid April, got a notice it was in stock last Friday.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 4:38:14 PM EDT
[#13]
What's that top cover? Never seen one like that.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 4:53:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By g230d:
What's that top cover? Never seen one like that.
View Quote

Its made by Chaos
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 11:55:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Just wanna make sure these will fit my saiga 7.62 rifle?
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 1:54:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Where's the plum at?.... Still waiting on somebody to get theirs to see the color difference between Kvars Plum and magpuls.

I only want the Zhukov folding stock, not a fan of the other stuff. But a folder I'll take anyday! If it can fold, I'll take it..... I prefer a rifle/sbr that can fold for transport
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 11:14:52 PM EDT
[#17]
All I got today was black.  I haven't messed with the hand guards as that is the lowest priority, but the stock rocks.

All the way in, it is just a fraction of a hair shorter than the other M4 style collapsible stocks are when all the way in.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 11:21:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Polizei-Berlin] [#18]
The short handguard is a little to short for me and the long one a bit to long for my 13" project....is it possible to cut the HG or will it effect the attachment of the HG?
cheers!
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 3:21:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Get 15% off handguard at primary arms till Monday with handguard15
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 12:04:53 AM EDT
[#20]
What AKs will these fit on?
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 12:02:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By DOG556:
View Quote

Stamped
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 1:39:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: scarz] [#22]
My AKM handguard came in yesterday.  Rock solid.  Only negative so far is I'll have to find a different way to attach my BFG sling to the front sling loop, the MOE handguard sticks out too far for my snap hook to really get in there.  Suggestions?

Link Posted: 5/9/2015 5:55:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By sanausnol:

Stamped
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sanausnol:

Stamped

And milled
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 6:25:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dragynn] [#24]
Originally Posted By sharty:
My AKM handguard came in yesterday.  Rock solid.  Only negative so far is I'll have to find a different way to attach my BFG sling to the front sling loop, the MOE handguard sticks out too far for my snap hook to really get in there.  Suggestions?

View Quote

Can't see the pics, hosted on a secure server looks like, might try tinypic.

ETA: Found this pic just now:

Link Posted: 5/9/2015 8:34:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Dragynn:

View All Quotes

Yeah I need to find a smaller hook than the HK type I've been running... Or a loop of paracord
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 10:58:14 PM EDT
[#26]
So these will not fit on arsenals correct ? Veprs?
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 11:35:50 PM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

I just installed one on a Sam7
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 7:32:41 AM EDT
[#28]
So this would not fit on the DDI Milled AKs?
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 7:45:48 AM EDT
[#29]
View Quote

The handguards should fit on any AK with a standard front end.  The receiver type doesn't matter.  However the the receiver type does make a difference for the stock.  The Magpul stocks are designed for stamped receivers.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 8:44:28 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By willi3d:

The handguards should fit on any AK with a standard front end.  The receiver type doesn't matter.  However the the receiver type does make a difference for the stock.  The Magpul stocks are designed for stamped receivers.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By willi3d:

The exception being the new Century C39V2, while it is a milled receiver it is demensionally the same as a stamped AK where the buttstock attaches.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 1:15:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Does anyone have any suggestions about where to find the Zhukov stock in Stealth Gray online? I have seen at least one site with Black available, but not Stealth Gray. I have tried Brownell's, Midway, PSA, DSG, and Primary Arms. I suppose it's just a question of time, but I'm impatient. Kind of wish I hadn't bought a MOE grip in Stealth Gray already.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 1:25:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JS13] [#32]
I'm loving my MOE handguard.  Since I have a thicker receiver, I had to make some minor mods to make it fit.

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll177/daraiva/Magpul%20AK%20Moe%20Foregrip/IMG_8382_zpsuqvlssps.jpg
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 4:36:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By cpock:
Does anyone have any suggestions about where to find the Zhukov stock in Stealth Gray online? I have seen at least one site with Black available, but not Stealth Gray. I have tried Brownell's, Midway, PSA, DSG, and Primary Arms. I suppose it's just a question of time, but I'm impatient. Kind of wish I hadn't bought a MOE grip in Stealth Gray already.
View Quote

The only color that has been released is black, the other colors are coming, it will just be a while.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 10:49:43 AM EDT
[#34]
I really like the MOE handguard. It is longer than the standard Hanguard. It would have been great if the longer Zhukov extended Hangard would work with the existing Hangard retainer. I would have considered this instead of the MOE Hangard. It is not a good option for me to cut off the handguard retainer.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 10:25:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sublimeon24s] [#35]
Just installed my Zhukov handguard last night...........I really like the feel and look of it

Link Posted: 5/12/2015 4:12:56 PM EDT
[#36]

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-F1r4_NpzrbQ/VU5Jk72E4kI/AAAAAAAAEpA/Tv0PzxSAxjE/w688-h1224-no/20150508_133638.jpg
View Quote

What is the railed gas tube, or what ever you call it for the upper hand guard?  Is it a Magpul product?
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 4:42:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Metalryder:

What is the railed gas tube, or what ever you call it for the upper hand guard?  Is it a Magpul product?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Metalryder:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-F1r4_NpzrbQ/VU5Jk72E4kI/AAAAAAAAEpA/Tv0PzxSAxjE/w688-h1224-no/20150508_133638.jpg

No, that is the Ultimak gas tube
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 11:55:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: StevethePirate] [#38]
Any idea if the Zhukov handguard will work with the Bolton style clamp on gas block front site combos?
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 3:30:30 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By tnmnmnan:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By tnmnmnan:

I think he was asking if the "Stock" would fit. (With all due respect)

I've heard the ONLY milled AK the stock will fit one are the Milled "Centurion V2's" being it has a stamped type "Rear Trunnion."
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 9:53:55 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By StevethePirate:
Any idea if the Zhukov handguard will work with the Bolton style clamp on gas block front site combos?
View Quote

Yes they will work with the Bolton gas block.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 10:44:36 AM EDT
[#41]
DSG has multiple handguard colors in stock.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 6:38:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: aestus] [#42]
I can't for the life of me get the moe akm handguard to fit on my Bulgarian Arsenal SLR107FR.  Seems seems like the heat shield and protruding dimples get in the way and won't allow the bottom handguard sit into the receiver. The barrel is thicker towards the receiver due to the rear sight block / trunnion holding on to the barrel in that area.

Are these compatible with Bulgarian Arsenal stamped AKs?
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 7:19:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By aestus:
I can't for the life of me get the moe akm handguard to fit on my Bulgarian Arsenal SLR107FR.  Seems seems like the heat shield and protruding dimples get in the way and won't allow the bottom handguard sit into the receiver. The barrel is thicker towards the receiver due to the rear sight block / trunnion holding on to the barrel in that area.

Are these compatible with Bulgarian Arsenal stamped AKs?
View Quote

I installed one on a slr106 today and it seemed to get caught up at first but was able to get it to slide on.  Just keep trying it'll go.  The one thing I did have to do was Dremel a little off the upper ends of the hand guard that fits into the retainer as the were too long to slide in.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 7:16:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Just got my AKM handguard, haven't tried it yet, will try it on the WASR and the SA-85 and post back, for the SA-85 I will have to mod it a bit anyway as regular handguards won't fit without it.

Really beginning to wonder about an ETA on the MOE stocks?
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 7:41:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: seej333] [#45]
Just got mine installed on my 5.45 Saiga. Installation was very straight forward and solid. I will echo what others have said that it is a great feeling hand guard and I'm absolutely happy with my purchase. Nothing rivals it for the $84 I got it for. Here is a pic...magpul stock and conversion to come. I was going to swap out the gas tube for an AK74 one, but this handguard looks clean with the Saiga tube IMO.

Link Posted: 5/15/2015 9:02:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Pics.

Bipod will not be normally on the gun, just for pics and sight in work.

Link Posted: 5/16/2015 3:44:02 AM EDT
[#47]

Really beginning to wonder about an ETA on the MOE stocks?
View Quote

+1. Got the Zhukov handguard and now just waiting on the MOE stock.
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 9:48:31 AM EDT
[#48]
I did an install video for the Zhukov handguard.

Zhukov install video

cheers

tire iron
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 3:52:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1BigFish] [#49]
Here are a few of my maroon hand guard.  Someone was asking about the color..  For reference, my rifle is only parkerized, so it's more grey than black.  Picked it up from DSG yesterday.  Great people.  My rifle already had an Ultimak on it, so I had to remove it to fit the upper hand guard clamps, then reinstall.  I left everything fairly loose, then tightened it all down together.  Fits fine with the Bolton gas block.  DSG had every color hand guard, only black on the stock, and no MOE stocks yet.  Not sure about the light placement.  Probably will need an M-LOK rail piece to move it further forward.

Link Posted: 5/16/2015 4:35:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hihobrian] [#50]
I just put the Zhukov stock on my Mak90. It seems the rear of my reciever isn't completely square so I took a sawzall blade to it by hand so the mount would set deeper and the screws line up with the tang holes.

This thing looks a LOT like a children's ski boot when folded. Kind of comical really.

ETA: sawsall blade used on the plastic of the stock,not the reciever.
Page / 9
Magpul AK Furniture (Page 4 of 9)
Page AK-47 » New AK Products
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top