Page AK-47 » New AK Products
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Magpul AK Furniture (Page 3 of 9)
Page / 9
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 11:42:52 AM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Dragynn:
Yeah I was wondering about that too, what AK manufacturer(s) are planning on running Magpul as OEM equipment???

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By ChaZ:

Originally Posted By plouffedaddy:

They've already shipped parts to OEM suppliers FWIW.

I personally think it doesn't worth that much because the list of OEM on Magpul's website are:

WESSON

STURM RUGER

SIG SAUER

COLT

MOSSBERG

REMINGTON

BUSHMASTER

DPMS

They don't sell AKs so I think it's safe to say that they probably won't sell Magpul's AK furnitures. Perhaps you meant wholesalers?

Yeah I was wondering about that too, what AK manufacturer(s) are planning on running Magpul as OEM equipment???

I could see Arsenal doing that, and maybe a couple others.

Link Posted: 4/13/2015 1:45:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I bet dollar to donuts that PSA and Century will offer MagPul kitted guns from the factory.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 7:37:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Ive been making magpul gear for AKs for awhile. Hopefully they make this new stuff for the M92 also.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 2:57:27 PM EDT
[#4]
What is the LOP on the MOE AK Stock?
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 2:35:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Anyone know when these things release??
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 11:29:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By CapBailey:
View Quote

+1 still on track for the end of the month or has it changed?
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 3:15:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Magpul says Mid-April on their website. We're heading into the last half right now. RELEASE THE BEAST already lol
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 10:28:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Triggerbender:

View All Quotes

I suspect they are dealing with the Glock magazine debacle.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 10:41:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Hizzie:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Hizzie:

I'm sort of thinking the same thing.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 12:42:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Per the magpul guys at the NRA show it should be very soon.

I know that century is one of the largest recipients of the AK stuff - both repeated at the magpul and century booth.

The Zhukov handguard and stock are awesome. I need to find another rifle to put em on.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:55:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Finslayer83:

I know that century is one of the largest recipients of the AK stuff - both repeated at the magpul and century booth.

The Zhukov handguard and stock are awesome. I need to find another rifle to put em on.
View Quote

I was at the NRA convention here in Nash too! We should go shoot sometime!

I liked the Zhukov hand guard so much that I've already cut the lower hand guard retainer off my Arsenal SLR-107FR hahah.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 10:22:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Finslayer83:

View Quote

The irony, for me anyway, is I am putting the Zhukov hand guard and folding stock on a C39V2. Just like in one of the posted youtube interviews.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 4:12:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Would this be a bad thing to put on my Arenal SLR 105 ? The plum is calling me !!!!
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 4:43:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By 19Cohiba75:
Would this be a bad thing to put on my Arenal SLR 105 ? The plum is calling me !!!!
View Quote

Really, it doesn't matter. It's all about your preferrences. The beauty of it is that I'm glad that Magpul went full steam on making so many options in arrays of colors for us who of course will nitpick on many different features and when all else fails, I'm certain someone else will take dremel to them just to get what they want in their dream rifle.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 5:34:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 6:08:42 PM EDT
[#16]

Agreed. Where are they!?!
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 5:04:54 AM EDT
[#17]
I think it is happening soon, just discovered that Magpul finally updated their handguards websites with all color options this morning.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 10:01:46 AM EDT
[#18]
I still don't understand why they designed the 'Zhukov' so you have to cut the retainer off.. I've seen other designs where it extends out past the gas-block, yet the retainer is 'worked around' so you could still keep it just in case...

If I was to purchase this 'Zhukov' I would probably do some minor adjustments/cutting so I wont have to ruin anything on my rifle... Just an idea, probably wouldn't be very difficult to 'work around' it (especially with polymer).
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 10:27:04 AM EDT
[#19]
I think it is happening soon, just discovered that Magpul finally updated their handguards websites with all color options this morning.
View Quote

Yea, I noticed that last night. Still not looking like they're in stock anywhere.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 10:31:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Structural integrity of metal chassis and metal heat sheild could go kaput on Zhukov if cut around hand guard retainer.  Modifications are decadent capitalist phenomenon comrade.  
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 2:46:43 PM EDT
[#21]
I was on Cabelas the other day and they had "Estimated Ship Date 0-1 weeks" for the Zhukov Hand Guard... Today they've got it at "9-10" weeks.. Maybe they know something we don't.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 7:14:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Is it me or does the Stealth Gray look alot lighter than the SG ar15 furniture?
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 12:42:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By KillerBD:
I still don't understand why they designed the 'Zhukov' so you have to cut the retainer off.. I've seen other designs where it extends out past the gas-block, yet the retainer is 'worked around' so you could still keep it just in case...

If I was to purchase this 'Zhukov' I would probably do some minor adjustments/cutting so I wont have to ruin anything on my rifle... Just an idea, probably wouldn't be very difficult to 'work around' it (especially with polymer).
View Quote

Meanwhile, I'm going to have no ethical dilemma whatsoever about cutting the handguard retainer off my WASR10 and pitching it in the trash...

Link Posted: 4/23/2015 1:15:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By p-dog:

Meanwhile, I'm going to have no ethical dilemma whatsoever about cutting the handguard retainer off my WASR10 and pitching it in the trash...

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By p-dog:
Originally Posted By KillerBD:

Agreed, I am going to cut the retainer off a brand new C39V2, and not a fuck will be given.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 5:06:43 PM EDT
[#25]
And de-value your rifles by about 100 bucks, as no other standard furniture will ever work again unless the rifle is repaired. What will be really hilarious is the look on owner's faces when they go to sell the rifle and get offered a lot less than the rifles currently go for, and start stuttering about how it's not worth less it's worth more because magpul is so awesome and all and JUST EVERYBODY loves the magpul handguards and what's wrong with you it's MAGPUL ZOMG!  

Used WASR missing it's handguard retainer = $400 bucks maybe, personally I wouldn't be a buyer unless it were closer to 300.

Link Posted: 4/23/2015 5:19:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Just a suggestion, I would rather 'ruin' a few chunks of polymer in the hand-guard. Than ruin a part of the rifle that is a pain and/or costly to replace again. I guess if you've already made the decision, well enjoy it... Hopefully your 1.0 version of the Zhukov rail will be all you will ever want...

I know with my rifles I've gone back 'n fourth, and back 'n fourth in some areas.

That's like the number 1 rule for customizing any firearm with add-ons/accessories (in my book anyway). Don't permanently cut/alter/break things off of it...
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 7:03:08 PM EDT
[#27]
And de-value your rifles by about 100 bucks, as no other standard furniture will ever work again unless the rifle is repaired. What will be really hilarious is the look on owner's faces when they go to sell the rifle and get offered a lot less than the rifles currently go for, and start stuttering about how it's not worth less it's worth more because magpul is so awesome and all and JUST EVERYBODY loves the magpul handguards and what's wrong with you it's MAGPUL ZOMG!  

Used WASR missing it's handguard retainer = $400 bucks maybe, personally I wouldn't be a buyer unless it were closer to 300.

View Quote

True but who sells guns to gun shops?!

I make my rifle how I want it which usually involves lots of Dremel work and Red Loktite. I also usually come up 200-300 dollars selling private to individuals who are interested in owning a custom rifle vs a cookie cutter.

To each his own.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 6:38:23 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

I have never had an issue with selling modified guns, with full discloser as to what and why I did what I did. That said, I rarely sell any gun.

I can see your one of those that worry about resale value, I am not.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 5:49:31 PM EDT
[#29]
I need to learn the different AKs.  Does anyone know if this Magpul furniture fits the Century arms C39V2?
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:22:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By one2boost:
I need to learn the different AKs.  Does anyone know if this Magpul furniture fits the Century arms C39V2?
View Quote

Yes, it will fit.

In fact, one of the videos floating around from Shot Show, a C39V2 is what the MagPul guys were using to demo the Zhukov kit.

That said, the C39V2 while being a milled receiver gun, was designed to use all normal AKM parts.

Now you just ahve to wait like the rest of us!
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 8:35:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By bigcraig:

Yes, it will fit.

In fact, one of the videos floating around from Shot Show, a C39V2 is what the MagPul guys were using to demo the Zhukov kit.

That said, the C39V2 while being a milled receiver gun, was designed to use all normal AKM parts.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bigcraig:
Originally Posted By one2boost:

Yes, it will fit.

This wait is killin' me. hahaha.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 1:38:43 AM EDT
[#32]
Thanks for the info.  I will be searching for a C39V2 rifle.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:30:39 AM EDT
[#33]
My b-day is tomorrow and I was really hoping this would be out by now..... can you see this magpul it's my sad face : (
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 1:31:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Averagejoe02:
My b-day is tomorrow and I was really hoping this would be out by now..... can you see this magpul it's my sad face : (
View Quote

Happy early birthday! I'm so ready for this stuff, I'll be over night shipping it LOL
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 6:49:35 PM EDT
[#35]

True but who sells guns to gun shops?!

I make my rifle how I want it which usually involves lots of Dremel work and Red Loktite. I also usually come up 200-300 dollars selling private to individuals who are interested in owning a custom rifle vs a cookie cutter.

To each his own.
View Quote

Who said anything about selling to gun shops?

Yeah, I make mods to my guns too, but I don't cut tangs or retainers or anything else off, that's just silly.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:51:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Thanks! My ak already has the ultimak on, it's so ready for this furniture!
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:18:09 PM EDT
[#37]
I just want the folding stock... hurry up Magpul or I'm buying something else.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 8:33:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Averagejoe02:
View Quote

No birthday gift for you.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 5:52:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Got the email this afternoon the stocks, risers, and handguards are shipping.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 11:03:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Hi,

I don't get over to the AK side very often. I'm hoping someone can recommend an AK that I can put the magpul folding stock and long handguard on. My goal is to modernize an AK so I can see how it can perform side by side with a moderately upgraded Ar-15. I need something with a side rail installed so I can use a side mount red dot and I'll be upgrading the trigger with the new geissele when it comes out. I'm not interested in the ultimax forward gas tube mount as I already have one on my Robinson vepr. I'd consider an arsenal, but I need to know which model number can accept the magpul furniture. Is there any other AK in the arsenal price range or a tad lower that offers similar quality?
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 11:16:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By rightwing87:
View Quote

Awesome!  Looking forward to trying the Zhukov stock on my SAR1.  I checked them out at the NRA show and was very impressed!
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 5:44:39 AM EDT
[#42]
View Quote

That's great! May I ask which retailer did you order through?

I checked Magpul website, yeah for AK hand guard, the website says now shipping. But for AK stock, the date changed to mid-May. Obviously you ordered Zhukov stock.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 8:07:03 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Patricius556:
Hi,

I don't get over to the AK side very often. I'm hoping someone can recommend an AK that I can put the magpul folding stock and long handguard on. My goal is to modernize an AK so I can see how it can perform side by side with a moderately upgraded Ar-15. I need something with a side rail installed so I can use a side mount red dot and I'll be upgrading the trigger with the new geissele when it comes out. I'm not interested in the ultimax forward gas tube mount as I already have one on my Robinson vepr. I'd consider an arsenal, but I need to know which model number can accept the magpul furniture. Is there any other AK in the arsenal price range or a tad lower that offers similar quality?
View Quote

Yeah just get a WASR.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 10:22:14 AM EDT
[#44]

I checked Magpul website, yeah for AK hand guard, the website says now shipping. But for AK stock, the date changed to mid-May. Obviously you ordered Zhukov stock.
View All Quotes

When I say shipping, I mean Magpul is shipping to the retailers/distributers.  They send out a newsletter when they ship new product.  I imagine everything will start showing up in stock next week.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 11:23:50 AM EDT
[#45]

When I say shipping, I mean Magpul is shipping to the retailers/distributers.  They send out a newsletter when they ship new product.  I imagine everything will start showing up in stock next week.
View All Quotes

Ah, gotcha. Yeah, they will start showing up in stock for sure, but they will also start to disappear so fast!

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 10:31:18 PM EDT
[#46]
View Quote

Do you know if they are just shipping Black now or all colors?
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 12:49:08 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By B62stew:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By B62stew:

Not sure. They only showed black in the newsletter, so that could mean the initial shipments are all black.  We'll find out next week I guess.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 6:37:50 PM EDT
[#48]

A lot longer and slightly thinner than the OEM hand guard, both of which are positive things. The places to attach lights and sling mounts are gonna get used fo' sho'. Maybe a VFG too (we'll see how the ergos are for activating the light).

Installation was a bit of a pain. If any of you alls get one then tighten the four long screws that attach the heat shield to the barrel just enough to hold it in place but make sure that it can still slide back and forth a bit. Then install the plastic cover and make sure that it lines up correctly. Finally, get at the mounting screws through the holes in the bottom of the hand guard with your Allen wrench once the plastic cover and the heat shield are properly aligned.

Haven't shot with it yet, but I'll correct that on Saturday.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:51:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Well done, and thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 9:18:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Herk308:
http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii168/Herk308/6b19ec63-f48b-43a2-8561-ff6c3214190f.jpg

A lot longer and slightly thinner than the OEM hand guard, both of which are positive things. The places to attach lights and sling mounts are gonna get used fo' sho'. Maybe a VFG too (we'll see how the ergos are for activating the light).

Installation was a bit of a pain. If any of you alls get one then tighten the four long screws that attach the heat shield to the barrel just enough to hold it in place but make sure that it can still slide back and forth a bit. Then install the plastic cover and make sure that it lines up correctly. Finally, get at the mounting screws through the holes in the bottom of the hand guard with your Allen wrench once the plastic cover and the heat shield are properly aligned.

Haven't shot with it yet, but I'll correct that on Saturday.
View Quote

How'd you already get one?
Page / 9
Magpul AK Furniture (Page 3 of 9)
Page AK-47 » New AK Products
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top